Positives and Negatives

Well, hopefully we'll have another year of commentary from @Mark WFC .......... that's not a bad thing.
Its good of us to allow Watford fans on here tbf.......don't bother trying to having a polite conversation with them on their forum though......i merely popped in to tell them how much i was looking forward to playing them again next season....in a very friendly manner i might add .....and my post was removed within a minute........such a classless bunch of cunts.

Agree, performances like Brighton and Wolves at home, which sticks in my mind, showed something wrong with the team and an attitude that just wasn't hungry enough to stay in the PL. I'd love to know what was happening in that dressing room, something was wrong and maybe one day we'll find out what it was. They played like a bunch of strangers for most of the season, until it was too late. We're going where we should be, and possibly need to be, to regroup and find a team that can play together with commitment. \
Feel surprisingly OK - we showed some skill and fight, that’s all you could ask for today and bodes well for next season. We didn’t get relegated by today’s match. For me we lost it around Christmas. Some of those spineless performances don’t bear thinking about, Brighton away, anyone?
But proud of the boys today. Let’s take that into match one next season!

To think at one stage people were joking that we could make Europe. Billing was looking like a great addition (Still don’t think he was a write off but he certainly played very well first 5/6 games) and we were in the top 3 of the league. How it all came crashing down.

To think at one stage people were joking that we could make Europe. Billing was looking like a great addition (Still don’t think he was a write off but he certainly played very well first 5/6 games) and we were in the top 3 of the league. How it all came crashing down.
I still can’t make my mind up on Billing. I don’t think his stature helps as it makes him look he’s at half pace when perhaps he isnt.

But there’s no doubt he has gone missing for large parts of the season. A fully motivated Billing is an asset for a PL or Championship team. I wouldn’t be upset if he left, but if he wants to restore his reputation, dominating the Championship midfield would be a start.

Injuries were massive and then we couldn’t turn it around . Playing players who were not fit didn’t help. Then poor form .

look we are down but not out . Looking forward to this season starting already
Add to that, cretin Fraser . The lazy pri@k who couldn’t be arsed ...

I’ll be honest. I’m excited. I LOVE the premier league but I love English football more. The prem is owned by 5-6 teams. And let’s face it finishing 14th isn’t THAT exciting.

Secondly, since ESPN covers the championship as well I don’t miss a match and get to see a whole lot of teams I’ve never seen before.

Don’t get me wrong I want to win the league and get promoted. But I’m also going to enjoy this short spell down one league not owned by anyone.

Agree, performances like Brighton and Wolves at home, which sticks in my mind, showed something wrong with the team and an attitude that just wasn't hungry enough to stay in the PL. I'd love to know what was happening in that dressing room, something was wrong and maybe one day we'll find out what it was. They played like a bunch of strangers for most of the season, until it was too late. We're going where we should be, and possibly need to be, to regroup and find a team that can play together with commitment. \

Agree , real attitude problem for a large part of the season “ we’re the best ever squad , we’re too good to go down “
On and off the pitch this thinking has been too prevalent...

Positive : we ended our first spell in the Premier League with a convincing away win against a highly rated side with an excellent home record this season. We went out on a high and not with our tails between our legs !

Negative : not being able to produce that kind of performance earlier when it would have been much more useful to us.

Positive : we ended our first spell in the Premier League with a convincing away win against a highly rated side with an excellent home record this season. We went out on a high and not with our tails between our legs !

Negative : not being able to produce that kind of performance earlier when it would have been much more useful to us.
Not according to Del boy.......Everton just rolled over....

Right then, enough of the sad faces, let's look forward to next season. There's nothing to say that we can't do it again. I for one am looking forward to the championship. Hopefully by the time we get back into the PL the PL will have sorted out that shocking VAR system, remembered to turn on the goal line technology at kick off and binned most of those awful officials. Now, when do I get my season ticket ?????

--- Positives ---

- We got the win. That's all we could do today even if Everton were the absolute epitome of a team on the beach

- Good tactical setup in the first half. Left us very exposed when Everton went forward but the risk-reward balance was right on this occasion and Everton didn't fancy playing against the energetic pressing one bit

- Excellent free kick for the goal and a couple of other decent set piece crosses in there as well. It's taken until the final game since the resumption to do it but at least we got it sorted.

- Great to see Solanke score another, even if Lerma tried to claim it. Hopefully that sets him up well for next season as there's a distinct chance he could be the main striker as we try to clear the decks.

- Ramsdale made a few good interventions when called upon as well. Nice to see him back to his pre-lockdown performance levels

--- Negatives ---
(I'll say first that I'm only focusing on what happened in our game so I won't talk of what might have been on other days.)

- I don't know what it is but somehow our left back seems to be the most exposed position. Almost every attacking threat that Everton had came from there in both halfs. I can't pinpoint if it's Rico or the players around him but something isn't working there as it should.

- Wilson should have scored one of those chances. That might be a bit picky as it was an otherwise excellent centre forward performance from him

.... that's it really. We did our job today.
The problem with the left side is rico has no cover in front of him .
whether it is king or Fraser or stan

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/295753/eddie-howe-come ..........i knew that there was another club that i was looking forward to us playing next season :grinning: .........i'd almost forgotten about them tbh....they've been so pathetically bad they haven't seemed worthy of any hate .....poor buggers have had it tough for the last few season's and i know i shouldn't laugh at the poor unfortunate sods but i expect it won't be long before i am....:D

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/295753/eddie-howe-come ..........i knew that there was another club that i was looking forward to us playing next season :grinning: .........i'd almost forgotten about them tbh....they've been so pathetically bad they haven't seemed worthy of any hate .....poor buggers have had it tough for the last few season's and i know i shouldn't laugh at the poor unfortunate sods but i expect it won't be long before i am....:D
What a bitter bunch ! I hope we give them two more reasons to hate us in the coming season, saddos.

Jeez, the word despise thrown around on there. Why the f**k would Stoke despise us? That's hilarious. Had no idea.

Let's just hope we fair rather better than that lot last season. They still have Afobe contracted to them despite attempting to farm him off to Bristol City.

Jeez, the word despise thrown around on there. Why the f**k would Stoke despise us? That's hilarious. Had no idea.

I seem to recall they weren't happy with our gamesmanship when we played them and it stirred up this irrational hatred.

Yes, that's right. Stoke fans complaining about another club utilising the dark arts in football without even the slightest hint of irony.

What a bunch of bitter knobs! Must be all that languishing in the Championship.

Brian needs to take a look at this. He couldn't understand my distain for the scummy twats. They really are the biggest, chip on shoulder bunch of hypocrites who invented the dark arts a long time ago when they thought they were something special. I think their real problem these days is that they realise they have become just another lower table championship bunch of nobody's, floundering about not being noticed by anyone.

Bloody hell! Friendly bunch, eh! Must be all those northern chips on their shoulders......

Brian needs to take a look at this. He couldn't understand my distain for the scummy twats. They really are the biggest, chip on shoulder bunch of hypocrites who invented the dark arts a long time ago when they thought they were something special. I think their real problem these days is that they realise they have become just another lower table championship bunch of nobody's, floundering about not being noticed by anyone.

I explained before...I've spent time in Stoke area with friends...its one of the friendliest places on Earth...and I've been almost everywhere.....you can't judge it by a few morons on Oatcake.
I'm surprised our Forum members being mainly Left Wing ..don't gel with Stokies who are nearly all Lefties.
I've never known anywhere other than Newcastle that is more of a 'football town' than Stoke...probably why they get so upset.
They finished their season well and might make a stab at promotion next time.

;