Positives and Negatives

I explained before...I've spent time in Stoke area with friends...its one of the friendliest places on Earth...and I've been almost everywhere.....you can't judge it by a few morons on Oatcake.
I'm surprised our Forum members being mainly Left Wing ..don't gel with Stokies who are nearly all Lefties.
I've never known anywhere other than Newcastle that is more of a 'football town' than Stoke...probably why they get so upset.
They finished their season well and might make a stab at promotion next time.
I'm not trying to dig you out on here mate. Their ground isn't a very nice place to visit and I'll never forget their treatment of Callum who had a career threatening injury.

I'm not trying to dig you out on here mate. Their ground isn't a very nice place to visit and I'll never forget their treatment of Callum who had a career threatening injury.
Its OK...I always go against the grain...just my nature.....but I agree the Callum incident was pretty gruesome by many in the crowd that day. I was there in the Home end and I just about kept it together.. for safety !

There were a few older Stoke fans that complained to the club by letter...I'm not sure if our club received any communication over it.

I explained before...I've spent time in Stoke area with friends...its one of the friendliest places on Earth...and I've been almost everywhere.....you can't judge it by a few morons on Oatcake.
I'm surprised our Forum members being mainly Left Wing ..don't gel with Stokies who are nearly all Lefties.
I've never known anywhere other than Newcastle that is more of a 'football town' than Stoke...probably why they get so upset.
They finished their season well and might make a stab at promotion next time.
I would second that. I lived there for 4 years (00-04) and they're a really friendly bunch. Yes, they may have a slight chip on their shoulder, but that's understandable given their economic demise (the potteries) over the last 20-30 years. It's hard for them to live in both the shadow of Birmingham and Manchester; they're a largely forgotten conurbation and that can manifest itself in a sometimes negative way.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anything it should be the other way around. They're the ones that bought up Poole pottery, got rid of all the local jobs and moved them up to Stoke.

"not like these shiney teeth lot from Bournemouth!"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

;