Post-match thoughts v Spurs

Yes, Kane absolutely definitely wasn't blocking the keepers view or anything. It isn't like Neto is leaning to one side trying to peer around him.

View attachment 10372

Another absolute bs decision. I'm glad they got nothing from the match and hope they crash and burn in their CL hopes, and end up in that crap third tier European competition where they can enjoy Thursday nights away in Kazakhstan. The UEFA GM Vauxhall Conference or whatever it is.
A joke decision where we won't even get an apology.

I don't always enjoy watching us , who does? Sometimes we're bl00dy awful. Days like yesterday are wonderful. Ive sat in the same seat since we moved into the new DC and made good friends with those directly around me, many who have also been there the same amount of time. I'm actually dreading moving to a new stadium and having to pick a new seat and wondering who'll I'll be next too. I love our stadium and don't really want to move at all. I love going to games. The pre match beer. Meeting up with mates. Walking to the stadium. I don't always enjoy it afterwards though. Nothing I can do about . I'm a Cherry and I can't change that . Half glass full or glass half empty. My club has given me a lot of incredible memories and experiences over the last 10 years especially and unfortunately I've lost friends and fellow supporters over those years who I can't enjoy those moments with anymore but I still go. I still sing. I still moan. I still cheer. I still throw my arms up in frustration. I have my opinions on our players, like many in here and many that I disagree with. I don't pull them up in it though. It's their choice . I don't trawl through old posts just so I can put a fellow supporter down. Their opinion and their entitled to it. The fact is in the ' real world" I would have absolutely zero in common with many on here except for the love of the team we follow. So if I come across as half glass empty I don't care . I'll still be there next Saturday cheering the lads on .
This is my main reason for not wanting a new stadium Lots of people around me that i have got used to seeing on a match day and some to have a good chinwag with as i go on my own

Yes, Kane absolutely definitely wasn't blocking the keepers view or anything. It isn't like Neto is leaning to one side trying to peer around him.

View attachment 10372

Another absolute bs decision. I'm glad they got nothing from the match and hope they crash and burn in their CL hopes, and end up in that crap third tier European competition where they can enjoy Thursday nights away in Kazakhstan. The UEFA GM Vauxhall Conference or whatever it is.

To be fair there is one angle that shows the shot taking a deflection off one of our defenders away from netto

N
No problem with the fact that he was interfering with play. Just saying it took a deflection on its way in and had Kane not been there netto would still have been wrong footed

Do you not think it would have hit Kane? Here is where Danjuma has just hit the shot - can is moving to the left of our view.

Capture.JPG

The ball deflects off Stephens and it spins around Kane, I don't think it is possible for Danjuma to get the ball bending in without the deflection and in the second shot it looks like it is going wide. I think without the deflection it hits Kane.

Capture2.JPG

The moment the ball is kicked is when he is offside and interfering with play, regardless of a deflection or not.

We all know if it was the other way around (and it was our goal), it would have been ruled out for offside.
Whenever we say things like that it always sounds like sour grapes but it's absolutely true. The decisions the bigger clubs get from the officials sometimes really smack of bias . The stuff Harry Kane got away with was embarrassing yet our players were penalised for the slightest touch. Christie's booking for simulation was very harsh but no booking for simulation for Kane. VAR has become a farce aswell

My lad created this… it’s uncannily similar.
So… received notification my Twitter had been blocked this morning and legal emails from the Premier league for breach of copyright. For a 20 second clip from a kid!!! The internet is full of goal clips!! Maybe it got triggered because it passed 50k views after Marc Pugh retweeted it.

Im not bothered as loads of people got to enjoy the memory but do you not think they would have bigger things to worry about!!

So… received notification my Twitter had been blocked this morning and legal emails from the Premier league for breach of copyright. For a 20 second clip from a kid!!! The internet is full of goal clips!! Maybe it got triggered because it passed 50k views after Marc Pugh retweeted it.

Im not bothered as loads of people got to enjoy the memory but do you not think they would have bigger things to worry about!!
Really that's ludicrous, twitter is full of people retweeting goals etc. They can't ban everyone

The moment the ball is kicked is when he is offside and interfering with play, regardless of a deflection or not.

We all know if it was the other way around (and it was our goal), it would have been ruled out for offside.

Kane is only offside if the VAR assistant (or referee if referred to the monitor) subjectively believes he is interfering with play. A case can be made either way. If I try and take the emotion out of it (easier to do given events 5 minutes later), I’d say that Kane’s positioning was largely irrelevant to the outcome as, unsighted or not, there was virtually no prospect of Neto saving the shot. It was hit very well and the deflection off Stephens took it perfectly into the corner. That’s not to say that it wouldn’t have been ruled out down the other end in comparable circumstances as I agree big club bias is clearly a thing.

As to big club bias, a ridiculous amount of time was spent at one point analysing inconclusive footage of Kane falling over in the box. Yet Christie gets booked for diving…

I think it was Millwall home at the end of last season, Marcondes 'scored' whilst Solanke or someone was beyond the last defender, but not making much if any difference to the goal bound shot. That was disallowed as presumably interfering with the keeper. I'm biased but would say Kane was more blatantly interfering with the shot and with Neto on this one.

Kane is only offside if the VAR assistant (or referee if referred to the monitor) subjectively believes he is interfering with play. A case can be made either way. If I try and take the emotion out of it (easier to do given events 5 minutes later), I’d say that Kane’s positioning was largely irrelevant to the outcome as, unsighted or not, there was virtually no prospect of Neto saving the shot. It was hit very well and the deflection off Stephens took it perfectly into the corner. That’s not to say that it wouldn’t have been ruled out down the other end in comparable circumstances as I agree big club bias is clearly a thing.

As to big club bias, a ridiculous amount of time was spent at one point analysing inconclusive footage of Kane falling over in the box. Yet Christie gets booked for diving…
I take your argument, but whether Neto was going to save it is irrelevant, the question is whether Kane in any way interfered with neto's view, and personally I think 100%

That is completely ridiculous Neil, I really enjoyed the clip

;