Pre Match trial of outside area - observations

When you say dealers, do you mean touts?
If so I didn’t realise it was that common.
Where are they at 7am, just stood around the stadium perimeter?
People target the away teams given the star names. They wait by the ticket office side entrance to the left of the entrance. Stops younger fans getting them as can’t get to the front and increasingly away teans often won’t sign anything.

Thus anyone getting autos should have to show a match ticket as other clubs have done.

Yeah, I probably need to change my mindset when dealing with these people but struggle. We were subject to a different head steward this week, snarling at people to sit down, ordering the younger stewards around aggressively, running around like a headless chicken. The search coming in was more thorough than ever.

I didn't think they were 'keeping us safe' or whatever, they were literally oppressing us and I sit in one of the tamest areas of the ground.

Earlier this season there was a medical emergency and they froze, complete inaction. It was if things had to go through the chain of command and even then they strolled up like it was an inconvenience with a measure of distrust. Spectators acted quicker and with more urgency.

There needs to be a massive overhaul of stewarding. We're not their enemy, they should be concentrating on our comfort and safety not looking for fault and building levels of distrust. We should be looking at them as people to help and assist, not ready to punish us for the slightest issue which is certainly how it feels now.

I just can't understand why they would take that aggressive stance at all. We don't really have any trouble in home areas. I have to say the east stand stewards are quite good in my experience though. If they recognise you they just politely go through the motions and let you on your way.

Thus anyone getting autos should have to show a match ticket as other clubs have done.
Like a soft search to the players?

Time for our nation to have a national ID card.

You are quite welcome to fart sir, but please produce your ID prior to the event.

I thought that was the reason for soft checks,to stop people gaining entry to the ground environs without tix.Seems didn't occur last Saturday.
I think those wanting autos got there so early in the morning there was no soft search in place. You would think they would check once they set up the cordon that people already inside would be checked?

I think those wanting autos got there so early in the morning there was no soft search in place. You would think they would check once they set up the cordon that people already inside would be checked?
If they’re prepared to get there at the crack of dawn to try and earn a buck or two? I’m willing to tip my hat to them.

I feel sorry for the idiots that buy their stuff.

If they’re prepared to get there at the crack of dawn to try and earn a buck or two? I’m willing to tip my hat to them.

I feel sorry for the idiots that buy their stuff.
I raise it as more as an example of people avoiding the ticket checker cordon as get there early plus asking a player for lots of autos at the same time puts players in a difficult position so end up refusing to sign for anyone.

Maybe the other clubs under rate the risk. It's not about fans in my view. It's about extremists. That said it's pretty clear the few over zealous stewards don't make that link either.
If this was about protecting us from extremism we’d need armed police around the stadium!

Persistent standing isn’t the act of extremists! The security is heavy handed and inappropriate.

There’s clearly some common sense to be found, if people are taking photos they shouldn’t be jumped upon by the stewards. Why sap away the excitement and fun from attending, especially children. It’s an expensive event to attend, memories that should last and not be remembered for being rushed and hassled by stewards to move on when literally seconds later you would do of your own accord anyway.

Also the searches, big crowds can be intimidating to children, strangers talking to children can be intimidating. Stop directly asking primary school age children their age. Leave them alone, if you really believe you need to check a child’s age, ask their parent/guardian.

People target the away teams given the star names. They wait by the ticket office side entrance to the left of the entrance. Stops younger fans getting them as can’t get to the front and increasingly away teans often won’t sign anything.

There’s clearly some common sense to be found, if people are taking photos they shouldn’t be jumped upon by the stewards. Why sap away the excitement and fun from attending, especially children. It’s an expensive event to attend, memories that should last and not be remembered for being rushed and hassled by stewards to move on when literally seconds later you would do of your own accord anyway.

Also the searches, big crowds can be intimidating to children, strangers talking to children can be intimidating. Stop directly asking primary school age children their age. Leave them alone, if you really believe you need to check a child’s age, ask their parent/guardian.
Why are they asking young kids their age?
I’ve taken my Grandson when my son has been unable to attend, I’m pretty sure he wasn’t asked. I’m taking the next one down the line(age 8) to the Brentford game. I hope they don’t ask him, I’ll tell them where to go. As I’m sure many would do.

My son attended, but someone else was bringing his ticket. He wasn't allowed past the soft check.

When they did get in, they queued for beer for 15 min, but then were the first to get refused when serving stopped at 5pm. Apparently some got angry and shouty at this and police had to be called.

My son attended, but someone else was bringing his ticket. He wasn't allowed past the soft check.

When they did get in, they queued for beer for 15 min, but then were the first to get refused when serving stopped at 5pm. Apparently some got angry and shouty at this and police had to be called.

Now that's what I call serving the public. Get refused service at a bar, call the police. Do they carry a spare can under their helmets? Be just my luck to get a Guinness one : )

;