Premier League 23/24

What did people think about the penalty awarded for the foul on Anthony Gordon? I can't believe that VAR can look at something like that and talk themselves into awarding a penalty. And given that one, I'm wondering how we got away with Calver-Lewin not winning one, and for that matter, Branthwaite on Adams. It's nonsensical.

Couple of things to watch on MoTD,

1) Luton, despite losing, seemed to have a force field around their goal. Ball hitting both posts and two goal line saves and then the closest goal line no goal decision I have seen
2) Chris Wilder celebration after 3-1 goal
3) Fulhams last goal
4) Dubious pen/red card against Burnley
5) The whole of the Newcastle game :)

What did people think about the penalty awarded for the foul on Anthony Gordon? I can't believe that VAR can look at something like that and talk themselves into awarding a penalty. And given that one, I'm wondering how we got away with Calver-Lewin not winning one, and for that matter, Branthwaite on Adams. It's nonsensical.
The Gordon one reminded me of a decision in one of our games this season, I think it went against us when Cook? Tried to clear the ball and the forward get their foot in before the ball. My memory is bad but certain something like that happened to us

Couple of things to watch on MoTD,

1) Luton, despite losing, seemed to have a force field around their goal. Ball hitting both posts and two goal line saves and then the closest goal line no goal decision I have seen
2) Chris Wilder celebration after 3-1 goal
3) Fulhams last goal
4) Dubious pen/red card against Burnley
5) The whole of the Newcastle game
:)

Was it closer than this one?!

1711821321919.png

*Edit* Just seen it. Yeah, it possibly was!

Thought Gordon was doign the fouling TBH.

All the hype then a real damp squib of a game .

Hardly a shot on goal .

Was waiting for some VAR drama though. .

Might have livened things up !

Last edited:
I think it maybe proves that VAR is a tool, operated by tools, to put down the smaller clubs..probably a 'gentleman's agreement' with each other and the ref, not to use it...at the Elite fixtures.
I tell you... the PL is corrupt.

That game was a farce really ...scrappy crap...not a good advert for this ridiculous league..and as much caution employed as you'd expect at any Everton v Burnley fixture ..or Boscombe v Wolves...d'you know what I mean Batman ?

I think it maybe proves that VAR is a tool, operated by tools, to put down the smaller clubs..probably a 'gentleman's agreement' with each other and the ref, not to use it...at the Elite fixtures.

That game was a farce really ...scrappy crap...not a good advert for this ridiculous league..and as much caution employed as you'd expect at any Everton v Burnley fixture ..or Boscombe v Wolves...d'you know what I mean Batman ?
There was nothing really controversial to look at.

Scrappy crap as you put it.

Not sure there was anything for VAR to get involved in tbh .

Sure could have been more bookings but nothing that would be a straight red or penalty shouts etc .

;