Premier League 23/24

Newcastle United footballer Sandro Tonali has been charged with misconduct over alleged breaches of the Football Association's betting rules.

The Italian midfielder is alleged to have broken regulations 50 times by gambling on matches between 12 August and 12 October last year, the FA said.

The 23-year-old, who joined the Magpies for £55m from AC Milan last summer, has until 5 April to respond.

Newcastle United footballer Sandro Tonali has been charged with misconduct over alleged breaches of the Football Association's betting rules.

The Italian midfielder is alleged to have broken regulations 50 times by gambling on matches between 12 August and 12 October last year, the FA said.

The 23-year-old, who joined the Magpies for £55m from AC Milan last summer, has until 5 April to respond.

Obviously needs more than just a ban .

Some professional help .

There's a clip of him going round social media being subbed off, refusing the leave the pitch then as soon as he gets a yellow card he goes off......

There's a clip of him going round social media being subbed off, refusing the leave the pitch then as soon as he gets a yellow card he goes off......

If it's spot fixing or anything else where he's deliberately influencing outcomes himself then it's curtains. Multiple year if not lifetime ban.

If it's just betting on games he's not involved in then it'll be a few months.

Personally I can't get too excited about the latter, as I've said before I don't know why we're all supposed to be so vexed if someone does something to beat the bookies. It's only taken so seriously because the bookies pump so much dirty money into the game.

On the clip you mention it obviously is suggested he was spot fixing. Not sure myself because if you've bet on yourself to get booked you'd do it before the moment you're subbed. Plus it looks like Howe is telling him to wait and he's not upset with the player when he gets gets booked.

;