Premier League 23/24

Our player is top left of pics.

Some interesting stats in this article.

High percentage of penalties scored.

A good number of goals scored in the second half of stoppage time.

Even with 44 matches still to be played, the goalscoring record for a 20-team Premier League season has already been broken.

The 2023-24 campaign will likely be remembered for its breathless three-team title race, but it may also go down in history for its gluttony of goals, with high-scoring fixtures being delivered almost every matchday.

Take this midweek for example: On Tuesday, Arsenal thrashed Chelsea 5-0. On Wednesday, Manchester United beat Sheffield United 4-2, and on Thursday Manchester City thumped Brighton 4-0.

In Manchester United's game Harry Maguire's equaliser was the Premier League's 1,085th goal of the season, taking it past the 38-game record of 1,084, which had only been set last term.

Last edited:
We talk about how much players are worth, re Solanke at AFCB.

Crystal Palace will only entertain offers for star forwards Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise that start at £60m or more for each player.

The Eagles are safe from relegation having secured a club-record 12th season of Premier League football, and financially do not need to sell either player.

However, given some of the praise for 25-year-old Eze in particular in recent weeks and the form of Olise, 22, they accept that bids are highly likely to come this summer.

Has a Dyche team ever played with style?

Didn’t he say something similar when he was at Burnley ? That he would like to play a different way but they could not compete with the likes of Bournemouth for players ? Strange that he’s having the same problem at Everton.

Coincidence ? :unsure:

Burnley have dragged themselves back into contention now as well.

Last game of the season?

Burnley v Forest

Could be pretty tasty.

Although before that, the Notts lot have a match against Sheff Utd who are pretty abject so you'd expect them to win that.

Just finished watching Newcastle vs SheffU. Penalty given to Newcastle in exactly the same circumstances as Christie vs ManU. Tackle outside the box which carried into the penalty area. VAR supported big club Newcastle’s claim. VAR didn’t for small club AFCB. The inconsistency of VAR, not the ref, is why I hate the former.

intriguing midtable mini-league between eighth and fourteenth
you'd think chelsea with games in hand and decent form would finish eighth but all to play for below that

Just finished watching Newcastle vs SheffU. Penalty given to Newcastle in exactly the same circumstances as Christie vs ManU. Tackle outside the box which carried into the penalty area. VAR supported big club Newcastle’s claim. VAR didn’t for small club AFCB. The inconsistency of VAR, not the ref, is why I hate the former.
Yeah, but VARs are just "other refs". So you could have a different VAR calling it differently .... same as the inconsistent or possibly corrupt or just not very good ref on the pitch.

bigtime tindall in the 4th official's ear no doubt swung it for the geordies

Howe has only really taken off up there since Tindall joined him again - It's a psychological pairing that works..I think Tindall would have done well as Manager down here had he been given a bloody decent chance !
What you dribbling on about, tindall's been there from day 1 with Eddie. Joe Bidens 's got more football knowledge than you

At Wolves v Luton today.
:grinning:

What you dribbling on about, tindall's been there from day 1 with Eddie. Joe Bidens 's got more football knowledge than you
No he hasn't been there from day 1 !!!

You don't like it because i'm back...,you'll be even more p*ssed off once I get full steam up and start wrecking even more concepts of 21st Century Football Snowflakes !

;