Premier League say we are mathematically safe.

At the very grave risk (and complete lack of creativity) of returning to the original point… I’ve given up on the points required issue but am I in a minority of one on Europe? The team I quoted are actually real and in the conference this year along with many others I’ve never heard of.

I know it’s incredibly unlikely but do we want/need to impose Thu-Sun on ourselves for the chance of a trip somewhere we might have heard of in pursuit of the European Freight Rover Trophy?

Genuine question.
Genuine answer: A trip to see us play anywhere in Scandinavia (especially the Faroes) would be wonderful. As for La Madame Miggins Tarte Coup d'Europe, nah not really.

At the very grave risk (and complete lack of creativity) of returning to the original point… I’ve given up on the points required issue but am I in a minority of one on Europe? The team I quoted are actually real and in the conference this year along with many others I’ve never heard of.

I know it’s incredibly unlikely but do we want/need to impose Thu-Sun on ourselves for the chance of a trip somewhere we might have heard of in pursuit of the European Freight Rover Trophy?

Genuine question.

Not sure the answer but 100% we are travelling together to our first European match ;)

Genuine question.
I could see why Thursday - Sunday might be disruptive or tedious. But Bournemouth in Europe? Even if it’s the backend of nowhere for the first round of the UEFA auto windscreens shield. I’d love to see it.

Not wanting to play in Europe against someone like FK Cukarikki in Serbia doesn't f√cking surprise me coming from any of the Cherries Elitists of this f√cking Era...who the, or what the screaming f√ck do we think we are ...Jesus Christ ..all the old Boscombe fans in the 20th Century would of f√cking loved it....the trip out there and receiving them at Dean Court !
I give up with some of the f√cking supercillious elitist cretins that post their garbage on these threads .
What's the f√cking point of being in this poxy PL if we don't want to progress with the club into higher f√cking competitions ? Jesus Christ on the Cross !!! ...( or wherever he rocked up after his comeback game yesterday ).

Not wanting to play in Europe against someone like FK Cukarikki in Serbia doesn't f√cking surprise me coming from any of the Cherries Elitists of this f√cking Era...who the, or what the screaming f√ck do we think we are ...Jesus Christ ..all the old Boscombe fans in the 20th Century would of f√cking loved it....the trip out there and receiving them at Dean Court !
I give up with some of the f√cking supercillious elitist cretins that post their garbage on these threads .
What's the f√cking point of being in this poxy PL if we don't want to progress with the club into higher f√cking competitions ? Jesus Christ on the Cross !!! ...( or wherever he rocked up after his comeback game yesterday ).
Pubs now open eh!!

I normally don't respond to your posts - but since you've chosen to attack me personally I'll make a few comments, only I won't be abusive, rude or downright nasty as you have chosen to be.

1. Re 20th century fans - I saw my first game in 1968 and have been going home and away ever since.
2. I have absolutely no idea what a "Cherries Elitist" is but the majority of those 56 years were obviously in the bottom two divisions.
3. Had you actually read my post carefully you would have noticed that I was weighing up the potential impact of European involvement on our squad depth next season and our capacity to sustain that.
4. I'm not sure you grasped the irony.
5. Of course I'd love us to progress and be in Europe, I simply question our readiness this time around.
6. I openly invited opinions - not vitriol and abuse.
7. I taught for 40 years on the back of four years in higher education and nobody called me supercillious or a cretin.

Please don't bother responding to my posts again, I have absolutely no interest in the opinions of someone so utterly disrespectful.

It wasn't directed 'personally' at You...IAD..I don't do that...it was referring to what I consider to be the elitist/ aloof attitude of many modern Cherries fans in thinking we are better than other small clubs including any future European potential opponents.

I wasn't aware of your length of time as a supporter.

I normally don't respond to your posts - but since you've chosen to attack me personally I'll make a few comments, only I won't be abusive, rude or downright nasty as you have chosen to be.

1. Re 20th century fans - I saw my first game in 1968 and have been going home and away ever since.
2. I have absolutely no idea what a "Cherries Elitist" is but the majority of those 56 years were obviously in the bottom two divisions.
3. Had you actually read my post carefully you would have noticed that I was weighing up the potential impact of European involvement on our squad depth next season and our capacity to sustain that.
4. I'm not sure you grasped the irony.
5. Of course I'd love us to progress and be in Europe, I simply question our readiness this time around.
6. I openly invited opinions - not vitriol and abuse.
7. I taught for 40 years on the back of four years in higher education and nobody called me supercillious or a cretin.

Please don't bother responding to my posts again, I have absolutely no interest in the opinions of someone so utterly disrespectful

Good post and fair play mate. Don't mean to patronising as people of course feel stuff differently.

Old cherry fires from hip and don't think he means any posts to be spiteful/mean.

Don't take it personally. If someone does get nasty, usually sign they're upset/hurt imo. Says more about them, than person they're aiming anything disrespectful towards.

It wasn't directed 'personally' at You...IAD..I don't do that...it was referring to what I consider to be the elitist/ aloof attitude of many modern Cherries fans in thinking we are better than other small clubs including any future European potential opponents.

I wasn't aware of your length of time as a supporter.
You really are full of it

IAD was the only one to state a negative opinion on this thread about Europe, and it was clear from his post that he was concerned about the impact on our squad.

Nobody else has expressed negativity about the remote prospect of AFCB playing in Europe.

So, given that you posted your vitriol on this thread, which other “many modern Cherries fans” are you referring to?

So.... Burnley can't catch us. Assuming Luton and Sheffield United lose their midweek games (Arsenal and Liverpool respectively) I make it that one point on Saturday equals mathematical safety.

;