Preston v AFC Bournemouth

I get that people are pleased with a consistent line up but let’s not let it conceal the fact that the same line up has been making hard work of the games. So hopefully another consistent 3 points but a better, more comfortable, showing would be welcome.

It’s the hope that kills.

A controlled first half followed by a clueless hoofball second half.....i say clueless hoofball because we don't have the players to do it well.....my god do we look dull under this manager.

Mistake by Steve Cook and they score.

That then gave them a gee up and the game could have gone either way in the end.

We came away with a point and 7 points from 3 games two away from home.

I would have absolutely taken 4 points from the last 2 games beforehand so I on that front it is difficult to be too disappointed. But that second half was pathetic. The first sign of a bit of Preston pressure and half the team disappears, and Woodgate does eff all. Awful mistake by Cook but for me we have too many good time players who are useless when the going gets even a little bit tough.

Begović 7
Smith 7
Carter-Vickers 6
Cook 5
Kelly 7
Pearson 6
Cook 5
Lerma 7
Danjuma 7 (mainly for the goal as massively frustrating at times)
Stanislas 5
Solanke 6

That was a pathetic second half, I seen it coming at half time though and this is exactly why we are not fighting for automatic promotion. The sides above is are better at seeing games out than we were, I knew we wouldn't win if we never got a 2nd.

Thought Kelly has actually been an asset recently. Much more positive. Pity Stan dropped out of gear completely. Danjuma looked good but ran out of steam. I felt we were well in control until dreadful error by Cookie. Defenders have Dom completely taped in every recent game and Billing should have come on rather than Long. No rub of the green today either.

Whether it is Woodgate or just the fact that we don’t have the players that we think we have in terms of ability?...would we really miss any of them next season, apart from maybe Begovic or Lerma?

Thought Kelly has actually been an asset recently. Much more positive. Pity Stan dropped out of gear completely. Danjuma looked good but ran out of steam. I felt we were well in control until dreadful error by Cookie. Defenders have Dom completely taped in every recent game and Billing should have come on rather than Long. No rub of the green today either.

Billing is out with an injury.

;