Prince Phillip has died

Please can anybody tell me why I should have to show ANY respect for this person?
You don’t have to. That’s the beauty of living in the kind of free liberal democracy that the late Prince risked his life to defend and spent 70 years serving (albeit for handsome reward): it’s entirely up to you whether you choose to show respect to him or not.

BTW, isn’t respecting others something we should do because of the people we are, rather than because of the people they are?

Genuinely can’t believe people still post comments such as ‘stuff em’ or ‘don’t want to show any respect’ firstly what’s the point in commenting and secondly regardless of your opinion he was still a husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather.

The old saying...if you haven’t got anything nice to say....

Everything has died. Radio. Telly. There are pictures of PP on billboards all over London. How will they top this when the Queen goes? Assume all sport has been cancelled this weekend.

Totally OTT response by the media as usual. How many wonderful old men and women have died due to covid this year? I'm sad for his family but no sadder than I am for any of theirs

I'll miss the hilarious gaffes...I love a good gaffe.. especially them what winds up them PC Brigade snowbunnies or whatever it is they is called..has em climbing up their yellow and white liquorice trees and grinding their teeth to powder!
Rule Britannia...but I can't see Charles or William taking up the backbone baton !

...So the Royal Family could plummet now if they don't replace him tout suite....with someone of tenacity, wit and strong will to help Irma Jesty in her twilight and the Monarchy thereafter...only Princess Anne has the self- invented qualities needed...as far as I can see.

Last edited:
I'd just like to point out that the media channels currently indulging in a "celebrate-his-life-athon" are exactly the same media channels who couldn't wait to make a big negative story out of any small "gaffe" he may have made during his lifetime. For me the whole thing smacks of insincerity and hypocrisy and that is my major gripe with it all tbh.

Because you might gave a scintilla of humanity in you

An old man man dies, 99 years old, and the UK stops. It was his time to die. Of course, some people, including his family, want to mourn his passing, but not all of us want all this fuss about it.

Unfortunately 150,000 people have died BEFORE their time due to COVID-19, in the last year. Very few have been given such notice.

Let’s get this in perspective, then talk to me about humanity.

;