Project “Big Picture”

I see people mentioning Southampton as permenant members, but my guess is that the 6+3 would change over time as any of the 3 were relegated. They're still voting against their interest, but surely none of the other 5 clubs they'd need to pass a vote to get 14/20 would be daft enough to vote for this? Even the 3 shouldn't be as it's innevitable they go down and then have absolutely no say. I mean they don't anyway if 6 can make the rules, we just end up with the big 6 calling all the shots, redistributing the money however they want. It's absolutely obscene.

Culture secretary didn’t avoid the question on Sky when this came up. Agreed it was a power grab and mentioned a fan led review of how the game is run.

Introducing or amending legislation as they see fit...........

You wouldn't be surprised to see this including vetoing a team being saved from relegation if they're a part of the love-in.

...so a top 18 based on size of potential revenue/tradition/history/trophies won?

Manchester City
Manchester United
Liverpool
Woolwich Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur
Everton
Leeds United
Newcastle United
Aston Villa
West Ham United
Sunderland
Wolverhampton Wanderers
West Bromwich Albion
Sheffield Wednesday
Leicester City
Derby County
Nottingham Forest

???

maybe a tier two of:

Birminhgham City
Portsmouth
Southampton
Ipswich Town
Crystal Palace
Middlesbrough
Blackburn Rovers
Sheffield United
Bolton Wanderers
Norwich City
Watford
Charlton Athletic
Millwall
Blackpool
Preston North End
Burnley
QPR
Stoke City

...so a top 18 based on size of potential revenue/tradition/history/trophies won?

Manchester City
Manchester United
Liverpool
Woolwich Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur
Everton
Leeds United
Newcastle United
Aston Villa
West Ham United
Sunderland
Wolverhampton Wanderers
West Bromwich Albion
Sheffield Wednesday
Leicester City
Derby County
Nottingham Forest

???

maybe a tier two of:

Birminhgham City
Portsmouth
Southampton
Ipswich Town
Crystal Palace
Middlesbrough
Blackburn Rovers
Sheffield United
Bolton Wanderers
Norwich City
Watford
Charlton Athletic
Millwall
Blackpool
Preston North End
Burnley
QPR
Stoke City

Any league structure based on the factors you mention would be an insult to anyone who has ever earned a living in football in the past 100 or more years. Are we really saying clubs who have worked hard to achieve their success on merit should be denied the right to compete at the appropriate level for their talent?

Manchester City
Manchester United
Liverpool
Woolwich Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur
Everton
Leeds United
Newcastle United
Aston Villa
West Ham United
Sunderland
Wolverhampton Wanderers
West Bromwich Albion
Sheffield Wednesday
Leicester City
Derby County
Nottingham Forest

???

maybe a tier two of:

Birminhgham City
Portsmouth
Southampton
Ipswich Town
Crystal Palace
Middlesbrough
Blackburn Rovers
Sheffield United
Bolton Wanderers
Norwich City
Watford
Charlton Athletic
Millwall
Blackpool
Preston North End
Burnley
QPR
Stoke City

scummers get their precious derby back :rofl:

Any league structure based on the factors you mention would be an insult to anyone who has ever earned a living in football in the past 100 or more years. Are we really saying clubs who have worked hard to achieve their success on merit should be denied the right to compete at the appropriate level for their talent?
I am not saying anything just putting together what the FA nad PL would probably consider in terms of who they might see as the 'top or elite clubs' based on what you get in the media etc...

This is so depressing
I agree but you sort of think that the few clubs will always pull the strings and the rest can go suck!

nobody wants to see AFCB..Reading...Wigan...Swansea...Norwich...and the likes of these clubs feasting at the top table...I mean the media seem to be wetting themselves over the likes of Wolves and Leeds being in the PL?

Quite simply an opportunistic power grab while the EFL is at its lowest ebb financially.
Wouldn't be long before either no relegation or a PL2 emerges. The top flight are more than happy for all football under the Championship to go part time

I honestly could not care less if we never played any of the top six again. They can go and play their lucrative European and friendly competitions and see how long their popularity lasts.

Quite simply an opportunistic power grab while the EFL is at its lowest ebb financially.
Wouldn't be long before either no relegation or a PL2 emerges. The top flight are more than happy for all football under the Championship to go part time

.....plus 25% revenue deal goes to 20, then 15 and finally stops.

;