Promotion

With this bunch of players...the reality is that we have been punching 'above' our weight and are damn lucky we are above Wycombe and Wednesday..... ....there is NO evidence currently on view in the @rse end of newspapers i.e. in the tabulated results, to show that the players are above average Championship performers !
If the compilers of the 'stats' have evidence to the contrary.. then I suggest they take the field v Middlesboro....run alongside the players for 95 minutes with clipboards and convey that information to each ones shellike....because its apparent that they are not aware!

With this bunch of players...the reality is that we have been punching 'above' our weight and are damn lucky we are above Wycombe and Wednesday..... ....there is NO evidence currently on view in the @rse end of newspapers i.e. in the tabulated results, to show that the players are above average Championship performers !
If the compilers of the 'stats' have evidence to the contrary.. then I suggest they take the field v Middlesboro....run alongside the players for 95 minutes with clipboards and convey that information to each ones shellike....because its apparent that they are not aware!
I dont think we're lucky. We happen to have more points than they do!

I wouldn't be that sorry to see a team that didn't need security guards to accompany them from their Range Rovers into Dean Court.

We would have to be very good to go up. So if we did then we would have played well. No doubt if we got promoted we would strengthen the team. So people shouldn't 'fear' promotion.
Let's face it if we work really hard and the wind is with us we WILL finish in the play-off positions but can you honestly say we can make a play-final and win it to gain the 3rd promotion spot. We had our CUP final yesterday and simply didn't turn up - we don't seem to be in the same mind set from one game to another whereas the other promotion contenders do even if they occasionally (and it is occasionally) drop the odd point or very occasionally three. I want to see them back in the premier league but they ALL have to want it!!

I'd gladly settle for a few unremarkable seasons in the championship playing in front of full houses every other week, with some hard working players who look like they enjoy playing for the club
all that plus the possibility of improving the infrastructure (can we start converting back those "media seats" into proper seats for, you know, actual fcuking fans?!)

I don't suppose any of the above will be the reality
Have to agree with you.

If in our remaining nine games, if we can keep the consistency and play like we did against Swansea City we must be in with a chance of promotion via the play-offs.

Swansea in their last few games including ours look like they may be having one of the times of the season when you hit a bad run of form.

Barnsley lost at home yesterday and Reading are 3 points above us, but we have a game in hand and better GD.

So let’s keep our chins up and see what transpires over the coming games.

The run in always brings pressure and with 27 points to play for, anything could happen.

The worry for me is does Max actually have any real understanding of what damage is being done?Those at the top have been making poor decisions for a couple of years now. You get away with for a certain amount of time but there’s a point when you get found out and issues increase rapidly. Are we at this point?
I have to agree that King Eddie was a much bigger cog in the system than I ever realised. HUGE in fact. The remaining cogs are full of rust and no one holds the WD40......

Worse than that, the remaining cogs are toothless. The cogs might be spinning, but we're going nowhere.

If in our remaining nine games, if we can keep the consistency and play like we did against Swansea City we must be in with a chance of promotion via the play-offs.

Swansea in their last few games including ours look like they may be having one of the times of the season when you hit a bad run of form.

Barnsley lost at home yesterday and Reading are 3 points above us, but we have a game in hand and better GD.

So let’s keep our chins up and see what transpires over the coming games.

The run in always brings pressure and with 27 points to play for, anything could happen.

The trouble is you don't know which team will turn up - the one versus Swansea or the one versus Southampton. And it will only take an injury to Solanke or Danjuma for the goals to dry up again and at this stage even if they were only out for a week or so it would still be crucial. Of course, all this could happen to the other teams but most of them seem to have a team spirit that would see them through. Whatever attributes the current crop of players have team spirit doesn't seem to be one of them and Long and Pearson's presence in the dressing room doesn't appear to have changed that.

Watford were two goals up with Gosling on the field...and after he got subbed around 60 minutes ...they only scored 1 more !

So Gosling was on for 2/3 of the game, when 2/3 of the goals were scored. I'm not clear on your hypothesis in terms of goal rate per minute. :)

What was surprising (and I guess you hadn't seen) was that Gosling took a corner for them which resulted in a goal. Being exiled, I can't remember if that happened for us. I still think swapping Pearson for Gosling was a good bit of business though.

Let's face it if we work really hard and the wind is with us we WILL finish in the play-off positions but can you honestly say we can make a play-final and win it to gain the 3rd promotion spot. We had our CUP final yesterday and simply didn't turn up - we don't seem to be in the same mind set from one game to another whereas the other promotion contenders do even if they occasionally (and it is occasionally) drop the odd point or very occasionally three. I want to see them back in the premier league but they ALL have to want it!!

Our home form against the top sides is good - beaten Norwich, Watford and Swansea without conceding plus put four past reading. While away bossed a number of games (Watford, Swansea, Brentford - at least first half) without winning. Thus if we get to play offs I think we will do well as those sides will try to play football against us

However not sure we will make the play offs as we are unable to roll our sleeves and scrap against less able sides. Thus drop so many points.

Sadly, same as last season. That’s on the players imho.

So Gosling was on for 2/3 of the game, when 2/3 of the goals were scored. I'm not clear on your hypothesis in terms of goal rate per minute. :)

What was surprising (and I guess you hadn't seen) was that Gosling took a corner for them which resulted in a goal. Being exiled, I can't remember if that happened for us. I still think swapping Pearson for Gosling was a good bit of business though.

I wasn't referring to goals per minute'
Only highlighting the fact he is playing in a winning team now and his possible effectiveness on their play,..

We can moan about the players but, come on, teams like reading Swansea and Barnsley aren’t that good. It’s a bang average division so good organisation, hard work and a bit of skill gets you a play off spot.

the fact we are worried about getting into the play offs with this squad is a disgrace.
When you enter a season and your main two strikers have scored what maybe 10 between them ( king excluded ) you are always going to struggle

Well with king gone, surridge isn't a championship striker, and long is past his best. If we had any chance of going up we needed another striker to support dom, who can score at this level
Exactly .

you need a guy who will get you 20plus goals a season and we don’t have that .therefore we will struggle

Some are saying we were not interested in winning yesterday, the Cup finals are the next 9 games.

There is unquestionably talent in the squad but they’re not responding. I think the players need a manager they respect, someone who has had success and is knowledgeable enough to get what they need to from them. JT was not that man (he was Eddie’s assistant and Eddie was clearly the boss); JW is not either (a great player but a failed manager previously and who has done little in the time he has been with us).

Our next managerial appointment will determine how serious Max is; whether Blake and Hughes have learned anything from these past few months and whether we are destined to remain in the Championship or slip into lower league mediocrity.

Clueless if you really believe that.

;