Pughhhh

I'd be intrigued to know how they calculate & agree a wage for an out of contract player seemingly not wanted elsewhere?

It’s simple to me. If he is as good as what we’ve got In training and we need back up we sign him. If he is trailing behind the others we let him go to league one as a fitter player (ie not training at Whitecliff with the dog crap and wee (man).

Only good things can come from this and personally I hope he signs.
If JT is planning on using wing backs he could be a very useful back up to fill a couple of roles. However back up is all that he should be. It’s worth noting too that it’s difficult to find players who are happy to be bit part players so maybe this isn’t such a silly idea. Especially considering the value he will provide off of the pitch too.

Three paras re Pugh from today’s Echo.

Asked whether there were conversations happening as to whether the winger could get a deal at Cherries, boss Tindall replied: “Pughy is without a club and when someone wants to come in, tick over and keep themselves fit, it’s something that I’m going to let happen.

“Whether that would be Andrew Surman, Simon Francis, Marc Pugh, any ex-players that gave the service to the club they have. They are welcome here any time.

“Pughy is here training. It’s great to have him here and I thought when he came on he was excellent, so that’s one that we will just keep monitoring and see what happens the next couple of weeks."

Asked whether there were conversations happening as to whether the winger could get a deal at Cherries, boss Tindall replied: “Pughy is without a club and when someone wants to come in, tick over and keep themselves fit, it’s something that I’m going to let happen.

“Whether that would be Andrew Surman, Simon Francis, Marc Pugh, any ex-players that gave the service to the club they have. They are welcome here any time.

“Pughy is here training. It’s great to have him here and I thought when he came on he was excellent, so that’s one that we will just keep monitoring and see what happens the next couple of weeks."
Treating us fans like mushrooms

I know middle managers in the public sector who would be utterly proud of such a splendid non-answer!

Personally I'd be happy to see Pugh and Daniels signed on for a season, if wages can be agreed. Go on JT you know it makes sense.

Love him, he did ok, but it's not the prime Marc Pugh anymore, a few dodgy crosses. I think JT made a statement by getting rid of Surman, Franno and Daniels by saying no one is safe and I don't think Pugh is Championship quality anymore despite my fondness for him.
Only one way to find out.

Pay as you play deal.

He told you what his thoughts were, and you're still moaning.
Agree. Geez, when did people become so entitled ???
It seems to have passed me by completely.
It must be so stressful spending every waking moment trying to find something to be personally affronted by. Relax people. What will be will be. We are not in a position of power here, so just let it go and enjoy the ride.

Certainly being outraged by a lack of communication from the club is an outrage too far.

The club have communicated what they currently know, that Pugh is here to work on his fitness and reading between the lines it is obvious that they are not ruling out offering him some sort of contract. There is no need for them to say that, I think it is safe to assume that this is the case. So what they currently know ( and we already knew since Saturday's cup triumph :cup: ) they have communicated to us.
When our players were sold, they have communicated that as soon as the deals have been finalised.
If Pugh is offered a contract, I have no doubt we will be informed as soon as it is official.

I really don't know how that can be construed as keeping the fans in the dark. What do people expect ? The club to make statements with no factual content ?
"We might do this", "We are thinking about doing that", "No hang on, we decided it was a bad idea".

We have a media department now and hoards of PR bods. The statements we make have to be officially signed off and be beyond reproach.

So no need for anybody to waste their energy feeling left in the dark.
We will be informed when decisions have been made. At least so far, under the current regime, that has always been the case.

Last edited:

;