Pulis sacked.

One of THE best ' managers' in the History if Football.....even the best have setbacks though....the game of football hasn't got to be an exact format with regard to how its played....its about getting it right at both ends of the pitch..

I called for Pulis to replace Howe last January. I am sure we would have stayed up if we had, as when we resumed against Crystal Palace we were well off the pace. Pulis would have ensured the players were 100% fit when the enforced Spring break ended. Remember, under Howe we didn't apparently even have a warm-up game before the resumption. A poor decision.
He probably would have ground out enough points to stay up but then we would have been stuck with him for this season watching negative boring 0-1 defeats mixed in with an odd win against lower teams.

...he was a good pro when he played for us....and his goal at Plymouth in our first season up to Div 2 probably saved us that season from going down in an important 2-1 win at Home Park

The Wendies should make an agreement with Watford, and possibly West Brom as well, whereby they agree to sack their managers simultaneously and arrange a type of managerial pass the parcel so that Wendies can take on each old Watford manager every time they sack one and so on. That would save them an awful lot of admin time and cost. After a couple of years the first of these to be sacked by Watford could be re-employed by them again and all the guys can carry on managing in a constant bi-ennial loop.

He was in that brilliant Redknapp team that got us out of Div 3 for the first time...then ends up as manager during a ' strapped for cash period !
He's never had the amounts of cash that a José or Jurgen gets....so Christ what's he supposed to do , produce an instant 'pocket Barcelona ?

Am I ? I rarely get confused...I just put out my unfiltered rhetoric...and see how it rides.

But if that's how you interpret it....then that's a fault line in my communication I guess.
Is this how youre going to respond to any challenge!?

Pulis, throughout his managerial career, CHOSE to get his teams to play in a boring long-ball manner. Thats not just Boscombe fans who said as much.

And I'm sure he's a lovely chap, but that's not what we're talking about.

Wimbledon won the FA Cup with ' Long - Ball. '...something we've never done ! ..and in separate seasons finished 6th, 7th and 8th in the top division !..once again , something we've never done.
They got goals...they stopped goals...with Long Ball !

One of THE best ' managers' in the History if Football.....even the best have setbacks though....the game of football hasn't got to be an exact format with regard to how its played....its about getting it right at both ends of the pitch..
I'm interested to know on what basis he's one of the best managers in history? I agree with your last point about there not being an exact format, he has a style of play which isn't one I'd want to watch and would require investment in certain types of players, I'd rather we continue trying to play "the right way".

You've also mentioned Klopp and Mourinho and alluded to them only winning stuff because of money. Mourinho had a great football education and did very well with a small club (União de Leiria) before being picked up by Porto. Winning the champions league with them was an amazing achievement. That's when he started to get jobs with big bucks and has, largely, won stuff everywhere he's been. Again, his style isn't for everyone, but his trophy caobinet can't be argued with. Similar with Klopp, did well with Mainz and Dortmund before getting the Liverpool job where he's built a fantastic side (said through gritted teeth) that could dominate domestically for a number of years. Yes he's spent a large amount of money, but recruitment has generally been brilliant.

Variety is the Spice of Life.....and varied outlooks and angles are more fun and mind - enriching...that's how I get by...and ward off any hint of dementia that might want to rock up one day....going with the flow doesn't float my boat ...that's all I can offer up in defence of my Forum applications!

Wimbledon won the FA Cup with ' Long - Ball. '...something we've never done ! ..and in separate seasons finished 6th, 7th and 8th in the top division !..once again , something we've never done.
They got goals...they stopped goals...with Long Ball !
Where are they today?

Even given my ridiculous reply, the long-ball style doesn't guarantee anything, except utter boredom.

You'd rather watch that than what Eddie gave us? Fair play if that's the case.

I'm interested to know on what basis he's one of the best managers in history? I agree with your last point about there not being an exact format, he has a style of play which isn't one I'd want to watch and would require investment in certain types of players, I'd rather we continue trying to play "the right way".

You've also mentioned Klopp and Mourinho and alluded to them only winning stuff because of money. Mourinho had a great football education and did very well with a small club (União de Leiria) before being picked up by Porto. Winning the champions league with them was an amazing achievement. That's when he started to get jobs with big bucks and has, largely, won stuff everywhere he's been. Again, his style isn't for everyone, but his trophy caobinet can't be argued with. Similar with Klopp, did well with Mainz and Dortmund before getting the Liverpool job where he's built a fantastic side (said through gritted teeth) that could dominate domestically for a number of years. Yes he's spent a large amount of money, but recruitment has generally been brilliant.

We need to play ' the right way ' tomorrow then....granted its a way that served us well for a few years and was better to watch....easier on the eye...but not all clubs are able to get the very skilled players for that in one set period...so they have to go other routes.
If Brentford start to undo us tomorrow by outdoing us at the attacking game then we would have needed a have another way available...in the guise of plan B or C.!

I can't help thinking that some of us would get across our points and attitudes a lot better in face to face meetings.
The tone of someone's communication is difficult to nail down sometimes....in particular any humourous content....or what some think is funny...but others find abhorrent.. we are all so very different in character traits and backgrounds.

I can't help thinking that some of us would get across our points and attitudes a lot better in face to face meetings.
The tone of someone's communication is difficult to nail down sometimes....in particular any humourous content....or what some think is funny...but others find abhorrent.. we are all so very different in character traits and backgrounds.
This doesn't have the immediacy or 'intimacy' of face-to-face conversations, and yes, its difficult to convey the tone adequately.

;