Pulis sacked.

“ Performances and results haven’t been good enough , also other issues contributed to this situation “

Mmmm ....

They stopped paying wages in November so probably something to do with that...

...Sheffield a bit of a gloomy football city at the moment.

not looking like getting any better soon either...

An appointment that was unlikely to work.

Pulis is past it as a manger, they would have been better off taking a cheap punt at a young manager from non league.

surely both parties knew what they were getting into 10 games ago?
just about sums up the stupidity of modern football and big clubs finding themselves in a financial mess with no leadership

Bloody disgrace....
He didn't stand a chance....in that morgue...which is what Wednesday has become.
Boscombe fans straight at Pulis...can't leave the bloke alone...its bloody pathetic.

It was his decision to go to Sheffield after " taking a break from the treadmill " for a couple of years and taking easy money for pontificating punditry. As has been said, I feel his "style " of football and management has passed. I watched all our matches against his W.B.A side and genuinely felt sorry for the loyal Baggies, paying to watch the same game on repeat, match after tedious match, season after season.

Usual story sack the manager and in some of the cases before they had a chance to get to grips with the job.

More to the point is the people who do the appointing or research into who they want as their next manager have questions to answer as well.

They make their choice and should give that person they appoint time to do things their way and not just a few weeks/months.

As for Pulis he wouldn’t be my choice of manager, but that is because I was spoilt by seeing the football John Bond’s side played and one or two others who followed, leading up to Eddie and Jason.

But in his time at the club one player that joined us was the Big Man (Fletch) and the rest is history.

Hopefully he doesn't need to be a manager again, made enough money etc.
Of course he'll miss the buzz but there must be easier ways to earn a living for him.

You can't pin All blame on a manager.

You have the Owners overall control of a club...the atmosphere created..the aims and aspirations adequately transmitted down the chain through All staff.
then ...then you have 11+ units on match days..of whom just one or two misfire ..and your f√cked.
And if they ain't being paid.. they ain't gonna perform...I guess that seals a managers fate!

Pulis was on the radio last weekend saying that with playing 2 games a week since he became manager, had not given him the space and time to prepare the team to play he wanted.

He is better off out of a club that can't play the players wages, leading to low moral. That must have been really tough over Xmas.

I called for Pulis to replace Howe last January. I am sure we would have stayed up if we had, as when we resumed against Crystal Palace we were well off the pace. Pulis would have ensured the players were 100% fit when the enforced Spring break ended. Remember, under Howe we didn't apparently even have a warm-up game before the resumption. A poor decision.

Pulis was on the radio last weekend saying that with playing 2 games a week since he became manager, had not given him the space and time to prepare the team to play he wanted.

He is better off out of a club that can't play the players wages, leading to low moral. That must have been really tough over Xmas.

I called for Pulis to replace Howe last January. I am sure we would have stayed up if we had, as when we resumed against Crystal Palace we were well off the pace. Pulis would have ensured the players were 100% fit when the enforced Spring break ended. Remember, under Howe we didn't apparently even have a warm-up game before the resumption. A poor decision.
Pulis coming in would've been an absolute disaster. You can talk of fitness which was lacking, to be fair, but we absolutely did not, and do not, have the players to play to his "style". We'll never know, but I believe we'd have had no chance going into the last day with him in charge.

Small margins - outplayed leaders Norwich earlier in the month and could have extended their 1-0 lead with two strong penalty claims not given before they let in two late goals to lose 2-1.

;