Pulis sacked.

I'm interested to know on what basis he's one of the best managers in history? I agree with your last point about there not being an exact format, he has a style of play which isn't one I'd want to watch and would require investment in certain types of players, I'd rather we continue trying to play "the right way".

You've also mentioned Klopp and Mourinho and alluded to them only winning stuff because of money. Mourinho had a great football education and did very well with a small club (União de Leiria) before being picked up by Porto. Winning the champions league with them was an amazing achievement. That's when he started to get jobs with big bucks and has, largely, won stuff everywhere he's been. Again, his style isn't for everyone, but his trophy caobinet can't be argued with. Similar with Klopp, did well with Mainz and Dortmund before getting the Liverpool job where he's built a fantastic side (said through gritted teeth) that could dominate domestically for a number of years. Yes he's spent a large amount of money, but recruitment has generally been brilliant.
Given similar amounts of Money....we cannot assume that say, Mark Moseley wouldnt succeed at Liverpool....or that say, Mourihno would not fail at Weymouth with or without Money...its about 80 % down to Money, 10% to luck and another 10% on players attitudes. You could manipulate those figures a bit....
No one can ' prove ' that Pulis would not get Real Madrid a trophy unless he was given a crack at it.!
What we can do is be biassed against an individual like Pulis because he didn't stay long enough at DC with a good enough budget to be able to get promotion!

Given similar amounts of Money....we cannot assume that say, Mark Moseley wouldnt succeed at Liverpool....or that say, Mourihno would not fail at Weymouth with or without Money...its about 80 % down to Money, 10% to luck and another 10% on players attitudes. You could manipulate those figures a bit....
No one can ' prove ' that Pulis would not get Real Madrid a trophy unless he was given a crack at it.!
What we can do is be biassed against an individual like Pulis because he didn't stay long enough at DC with a good enough budget to be able to get promotion!
It doesn't matter.........he wouldn't get a job at an ambitious club for reasons that are of his own doing.....nothing to do with budgets......just the fact that nobody wants to watch his teams play .

What I was saying is that Mourinho and Klopp have been able to get these positions at big clubs because they've had success at smaller clubs without the money. Money guarantees nothing, but it certainly helps. The ability of the manager to get the team going surpasses this, we saw it with Howe when he took Brooks' shambles and turned them into a promotion winning side. I'm still interested what Pulis has done to warrant you saying he's one of the best ever, seems an odd statement to me. I don't dislike him as such, but I severely dislike the football he chooses to get his team's to play. His West Brom side was just plain depressing. While well never know if he'd win with Real, as you say, we do know he's done nothing to warrant a crack at one of the biggest teams in the world.

Pulis has kept teams at levels they would have dropped from...on meagre budgets.
You can't judge managers purely on style of football...look back at Revie at Leeds...and players like Bremner...they get statues ...someone liked them for what they achieved by rough uncomprising play.

If we think Boscombe are going to cruise through the future always having attack minded managers and flipping between here and the PL...we are in dreamland..but I'm probably wasting my wayward posting breath' !

Pulis has kept teams at levels they would have dropped from...on meagre budgets.
You can't judge managers purely on style of football...look back at Revie at Leeds...and players like Bremner...they get statues ...someone liked them for what they achieved by rough uncomprising play.

If we think Boscombe are going to cruise through the future always having attack minded managers and flipping between here and the PL...we are in dreamland..but I'm probably wasting my wayward posting breath' !
We're not discussing Boscombes future Brian, merely our Tone's spell as a manager here and his penchant for dull football.

It doesn't matter.........he wouldn't get a job at an ambitious club for reasons that are of his own doing.....nothing to do with budgets......just the fact that nobody wants to watch his teams play .
No they don't...but if an owner employs him or another like him.. and fans want to carry on watching their team...they haven't much choice...and there is no guarantee that Boscombe fans won't face that again one day !

I will give you an idea Brian I have been going for almost 50 years and in that time I have seen some rubbish.The only manager to stop me from going through choice was Pulis I missed about the 8 home games when he was in charge because I could not deal with the rubbish being served up any more.

The bloke is a dinosaur it beats me how he keeps getting jobs.

Remembering his last season at West brom, where he came to Dean Court and was time wasting and playing for a draw after 10 mins. Think it ended 1-1

He got his draw....and we dropped a crucial point because we couldn't ' create ' another goal with OUR superior style.

I think something that managers like Pulis and Allardyce are good at doing is taking the resources available, and setting them up to be difficult to beat (yes I know WBA are getting hammered right now). Which you could interpret as boring. I wouldn't necessarily say either are long ball - but can organize two banks of four and then maximize scoring opportunities at set pieces. Fans probably give them the benefit of the doubt as when they come in they do a job when a club is in a difficult predicament. It's how the club push on in the second season

I will give you an idea Brian I have been going for almost 50 years and in that time I have seen some rubbish.The only manager to stop me from going through choice was Pulis I missed about the 8 home games when he was in charge because I could not deal with the rubbish being served up any more.

The bloke is a dinosaur it beats me how he keeps getting jobs.

I was still a regular then and was of the mind..support the club through all kinds of scenarios...so I didn't get too stressed about the fayre served up.....it was circumstantial to the resources at the time..Well...that's how I saw it ...my dad however saw it your way and stayed away for some time !

Those that attend games now..paying inflated charges....are actually supporting a big ' Business' operation in comparison to days gone by...so how much you get steamed about style of play..dull or exciting or mixed....is only another angle to consider and if Boscombe are promoted again..to further consider the effect of VAR ..when the exciting style of play becomes slightly irrellevant after 3 good goals are wiped away by ' inchy ' or 'ball to elbow' decisions !
Thats where we are !

"The performances and results have not been of the level expected since Tony Pulis was appointed," chairman Dejphon Chansiri said in a statement on the club website.

"There are also other issues which have had a bearing on this decision."

...I wonder which player he thumped this time...:hmmm:

;