Qatar World Cup

More pandering to the Middle East - Saudi Arabian FA enquired about a WC every 2 years and FIFA set up a feasibility study. ££ truly does rule everything.

Anyway Qatar can do one.
There are so many reasons why this world cup just isn't right.

But as you say ££££

It's astounding that the 6k deaths and the bribery is just being swept under the carpet. Won't watch a second of it. It's an utter disgrace all round.

Will be interesting to see if any players refuse to go....

Yes that will be interesting. There hasn't been any noise about the qualifying rounds.

I wonder if they refuse, whether action will/could be taken by FIFA?

Some may also have sponsor contracts that require them to go or pay them more if they do play in the finals.

Nobody of note will boycott imo. I will go assuming I'm still living in Dubai. 45 minute flight away and a couple of mates to stay at.

Yes that will be interesting. There hasn't been any noise about the qualifying rounds.

I wonder if they refuse, whether action will/could be taken by FIFA?

Some may also have sponsor contracts that require them to go or pay them more if they do play in the finals.

Oh yeah, FIFA will hammer them. Political statements etc.

6k dead? Fraud? Completely fine, carry on.

So many ex players cashing in at the F1 in Qatar, 1 year and a day apparently before tournament starts next year.
Players welfare with the heat, reported human rights amongst the general population and those migrants building the infrastructure, they've all moaned about it. But then happy to cash in if paid enough
Confirming again they're all a bunch of Mercenaries

did I hear that beckham has taken a lot of money to be the face of qatar? do these people have no shame?
Beckham had signed a ten-year deal worth £150 million to become an ambassador for the middle east nation of Qatar. This includes becoming the face of the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the deal was later confirmed by Beckham’s spokespeople.

Hope for an earthquake or similar...take the stadiums down and out !
Then give the WC to elsewhere on that continent, say South Africa.. they did a good job before.

Think there were more ex footballers than F1 personal at the Grand Prix.

Surprised they didn’t have a little race of their own!

But well done Wales. A riveting game and two great goals from Bale. Meps got 5 minutes at the end which had me worried about my bet but alls well that ends well. Hope they get the Jocks in the final and stuff 'em

;