Qatar World Cup

I see Lineker is bemoaning the rules for not giving defenders a chance to get their hands out the way now he had Kompany with him and it went against Belgium. He wasn't speaking up about it when we played Newcastle and had Shearer on the sofa.
Going into a tackle with your arms behind your back is not natural.

I'm not arguing that. Just that GL has changed his outlook on it to match the big team and his buddy on TV with him.

I'm not getting involved in that, I just think, how defenders have to face a man with the ball is not natural.
The way the rules are now written and VAR used, it’s becoming a game (inconsistently) ruled by slow motion video that tells the ref what to say. Personally I hate the way the refereeing is going. Only way out of it is to get relegated I’m afraid - less kudos but more enjoyment

The way the rules are now written and VAR used, it’s becoming a game (inconsistently) ruled by slow motion video that tells the ref what to say. Personally I hate the way the refereeing is going. Only way out of it is to get relegated I’m afraid - less kudos but more enjoyment
But will it stop there?

The championship will have VAR

Enjoying watching this Canada team. Very surprised at the quality.

I think in the last few years there has been a levelling up for the lesser nations with improved coaching and their players playing in major Leagues across the globe.

Interesting to see that with their World Cup Squad 19 play their football in Europe, 8 in Germany with their skipper Yoshida playing for a number of years in the PL for Southampton.

Well, I suspect that I would have taken a 1-0 loss going in, especially with the Croatia-Morocco draw. Not near clinical enough when around Courtois, who did make one good save plus stopping the pen.

But, I am encouraged and think that we can get 4 points, which would give us a decent chance to go through.

I thought Canada handled themselves fairly well and gave a decent account. Belgium might not have quite as impressive a squad on paper as they've had over the last decade but it's still pretty strong looking!

Well after watching the Belgium v Canada game, can just say lucky, lucky Belgium, because if Canada had been able to shoot on target they could have won that game by 1-3, including a missed penalty and unlucky not have had a second penalty which looked like handball.

22 shots by Canada against 9 by Belgium with both sides having 3 on target.

Anyone for John Herdman to manage in England? Nice resume internationally with both the men and the women, Englishman, very well spoken.

;