Reading Away

Been there on a tuesday night (7.45ko) before in L1 the season we got relegated under SOD and drew 2-2 which one one of the best atmospheres we've had there apart from the 3-3.

Yeah the kick off time isn't ideal like with most in our PL years but still most people have to let you know that they never learned to drive or how they don't live in Bournemouth anymore and how hard done by they are and life isn't fair when to be honest no one cares, you choose not to learn to drive or move away so live with your choice and phucking give it a rest.

Nothing to do with driving you helmet.... We want to go on the piss.

I would say get a lift of a mate then but you don't have any although you could buy one, a friend that is, people are loyal to money and will pretend to be a friend and give you a lift for it.

All of my pal's want to go to the game on the piss - a big bunch of us. It's not like we've invented this concept. I'm sure you can imagine what it's like.

Still have that one as better than the Charlton game as an away day personally.

Apart from the drama of clinching the title last minute and easily winning at the Valley and the buzz of being PL yeah it was a better away day because ground is right amongst London bars and it was a yucky night and fans were more compact and louder, a few of our fans started hitting each other when someone got offended over the use of a vape. Can only imagine what would happen if everyone on here met each other would be a bloodbath wouldn't it.

Yeah, one option and the best part of four hours to get back from Reading. Our closest away game.
It would get you back to Bournemouth at 01:15 a total journey time of 2 hours 23 minutes including the waiting times.
So yes Del boy you are correct it is the best part of 4 hours.

Regardless of whether you can or can’t make this game do people on here actually think 8pm Saturday kick offs are good?

I remember a game at Reading if we had won we would have been promoted.....I think that is correct but in the last seconds Reading equalised and our lads all collapsed onto the ground, absolutely distraught, I can't even remember our manager, likely to be Sean O'Driscoll in those days.....and to add insult to injury the old coach I travelled in had wooden slatted seats.
I hope we have better luck next time we play them at the end of October.

Missed out on a play off spot rather than promoted but the team was on such a good run that promotion was a possibility

It would get you back to Bournemouth at 01:15 a total journey time of 2 hours 23 minutes including the waiting times.

I think the clocks go back that night. Shows as 3hr 23 minutes on the train company website. Was even longer when I looked last night.

Regardless of whether you can or can’t make this game do people on here actually think 8pm Saturday kick offs are good?

Doesn’t bother me as I drive but I do think for such a big local game that arranging times that hinders away fans from travelling back that day should be avoided. However, concern for fans ceased many seasons ago.

I think the clocks go back that night. Shows as 3hr 23 minutes on the train company website. Was even longer when I looked last night.
I had this same thought process. Saw that it looks like >2 hours but shows up as >3 hours, and that is the weekend the clocks go back.

Yes I'd forgotten about the the clocks going back as they do every last Sunday of October since I can remember! However we officially switch from BST back to UTC at 02:00 on Sunday 31st ergo 2am becomes 1am and the timings of the train is that the 22:52 from Reading gets in to Southampton at 00:12 an hour and 20 minute trip, the next train from Southampton to Bournemouth leaves at 00:37 and arrives in Bournemouth at 01:15 a full three quarters of an hour before the clocks go back! I think these websites have cocked up because even the National Rail site is claiming Southampton to Bournemouth 00:37 - 01:15 is an HOUR and 38 minute trip. It seems it is assuming the arrival time in Bournemouth is in UTC when it clearly isn't, it is still BST and the journey should only be 38 minutes.
So yes the overall trip from Reading to Bournemouth is 2 hours 23 minutes not 3 hours 23 minutes.

We all love a mid week game (well I do) and arguably. weekend evening games are easier on everyone than midweek ones? Would I prefer 3pm? Of course. Is it better than a 7:45 midweek game? Absolutely.

I remember a game at Reading if we had won we would have been promoted.....I think that is correct but in the last seconds Reading equalised and our lads all collapsed onto the ground, absolutely distraught, I can't even remember our manager, likely to be Sean O'Driscoll in those days.....and to add insult to injury the old coach I travelled in had wooden slatted seats.
I hope we have better luck next time we play them at the end of October.

Yeah I was there. IIRC the Stadium surrounds weren't finished yet and it was a bit like going to watch the footie on a building site.

That was the game where I bunked off work the following day claiming a sickness bug in the evening before (match night) only to find me and my mate (just me and my mate I hasten to add) in a full page photo on the back page of the echo, arms aloft... Doh!!!!

Depends how far from the ground you live. Will be a late one...get there about 2-3 ish and settle down in a pub to watch SS and a match. Expecting to be back 1am..

5pm would have been fine.

;