Reading Away

Yes I'd forgotten about the the clocks going back as they do every last Sunday of October since I can remember! However we officially switch from BST back to UTC at 02:00 on Sunday 31st ergo 2am becomes 1am and the timings of the train is that the 22:52 from Reading gets in to Southampton at 00:12 an hour and 20 minute trip, the next train from Southampton to Bournemouth leaves at 00:37 and arrives in Bournemouth at 01:15 a full three quarters of an hour before the clocks go back! I think these websites have cocked up because even the National Rail site is claiming Southampton to Bournemouth 00:37 - 01:15 is an HOUR and 38 minute trip. It seems it is assuming the arrival time in Bournemouth is in UTC when it clearly isn't, it is still BST and the journey should only be 38 minutes.
So yes the overall trip from Reading to Bournemouth is 2 hours 23 minutes not 3 hours 23 minutes.

I'd assumed it was something to do with rail replacement buses.

Doesn’t bother me as I drive but I do think for such a big local game that arranging times that hinders away fans from travelling back that day should be avoided. However, concern for fans ceased many seasons ago.
To be fair the EFL probably had half a thought that it’s quite close so they’ll sign off the late KO time. On the basis we‘ll be grateful not to be stuck in Middlesbough.

Anyone in the know have an idea how the tickets are selling? Will be buying on Wednesday so hope we learned from the Bristol issues and have enough for everyone who wants to go

Anyone in the know have an idea how the tickets are selling? Will be buying on Wednesday so hope we learned from the Bristol issues and have enough for everyone who wants to go

I am not, nor have been, nor ever likely to be in the know.

But I can safely say that despite the TV coverage, we will sell our allocation.

Remember, the Biscuit Bastards themselves have called it, "our big day out."

Seems tickets are selling fast as dropped to 4 points today... Seems to be a new section just released at the front of one of the far right blocks but only a couple of hundred left I'd say...

... and dont make the same mistake I made and just leave them as Adult Reading Away if you're a ST holder, change it to the £20 option... #doh

Just checked and it said we had 2207 tickets on the 4/10 release.

Barely any tickets left showing as available and only just got down to 4 away points today.

Its Bristol City all over again isn't it? We must have taken 4/5k in promotion season, so its not like they need to restrict it to this number.

Still never mind, because LF is taking personal responsibility for ticket allocation now.

Just checked and it said we had 2207 tickets on the 4/10 release.

Barely any tickets left showing as available and only just got down to 4 away points today.

Its Bristol City all over again isn't it? We must have taken 4/5k in promotion season, so its not like they need to restrict it to this number.

Still never mind, because LF is taking personal responsibility for ticket allocation now.

I don't think Reading give that whole end to away fans any more.

;