Real Sociedad

City was a cracker!!

Ok, it wasn't very good but I did get to sit with a couple of mates, and one of thems boys that can't do home games any more as they live thousands of miles.

Edit: That post was meant as a reply to a post from Mr R Trent, but old people and keyboards, etc

Last edited:
Well he certainly won't be tracking back to get behind anyone
He took his goal very well , though in the passage of play after kick off he seemed to grimace as if he’d tweaked something- though it could have been a bad pass/header grimace …..
Certainly lacked pace …

He took his goal very well , though in the passage of play after kick off he seemed to grimace as if he’d tweaked something- though it could have been a bad pass/header grimace …..
Certainly lacked pace …
If we're relying on him for anything more than 15 games this season it's a problem. Should not be building a team around him as very unlikely he'll stay fit.

Mepham gettin' .destroyed on here as usual..will do his confidence no end of good eh...if he reads the posts ( they do read Media garbage - despite being told not to..I'll tell you that for f√ck -all ) and they get the vibes passed to them all the time by non -playing friends !
When Meps was at Brentford there was no end of Forum gush about signing him...
The guy plays as an International for Wales alongside Bale and Ramsay ffs. ..there is no way he wouldn't shine for our Tinpot outfit ..if he was given an extended run in the team.
The Elites are gettin' it all wrong ..once again.. I'm dreading the game at Forest this season if they bait Surridge !

Last edited:
Some quick thoughts.

Good to see so many more there this week, loads more families, a lot with England shirts on, riding the crest of the Lionesses wave : )

What happened to the dozen or so Sociedad fans in the Main stand. I did think that's the wrong place to have a group of youngsters ( nowadays that's anyone under 50 ) standing and cheering on the opposition : )

It's a bold/brave move by Scottie Parker to move to 3 centre halves. The squad has been assembled to play 442. It's a big change for everyone in the team/squad, not just the centre halves. The club's gone up a division, a massive jump in quality of opponents. As supporters, we're going to have our patience tested, let's get behind the team and stick with 'em ( they're not involved with boardroom politics ) : )

At least in the Prem' there's no parachute payments, so we're all on a level playing field. Mind you, having seen some of the Charity Shield, it's insane how good the Liverpool and Man. City squads are. We'll do well to finish above both of them : )

Ps for once agree with Ol' Brian Cherry, Mepham's not that bad, he's not to blame for everything, tries his best but sometimes tries to hard : )

Last edited:

;