Recruitment war- Parker vs Demin

Whenever people leave a job with compensation there is always a crafted letter reflecting both sides strongly and in a good light. It’s part of the whole package signing. There’s enough sources around about that week and what happenned. Eddie wanted to stay, club weren’t in the same place, he left and has never set foot in the club since.

Regardless of whether you believe that or not, and I’m seriously not bothered, the bits that have happened since are completely amateur.

What sources?

They wanted Parker and he got us promoted with realtive ease despite the club slashing wages. Amateur indeed.

Whenever people leave a job with compensation there is always a crafted letter reflecting both sides strongly and in a good light. It’s part of the whole package signing. There’s enough sources around about that week and what happenned. Eddie wanted to stay, club weren’t in the same place, he left and has never set foot in the club since.

Regardless of whether you believe that or not, and I’m seriously not bothered, the bits that have happened since are completely amateur.

Give over, It wasn't a crafter letter, he said it as it was. He explained his reasons much later as well. If you're seriously not bothered why are you still dripping on about it ?

Max made a statement of intent about returning to the PL and the board delivered.

How about we deal with the here and now ?

So the problem is either .
A players .
B Parker.
C executives and owner
D all of the above .

We've had the amazing revelation that Neil and his mates were booing last year because of what they knew was going to happen in this year's premier league. Amazing foresight to give them credit.

Didn't Kirsika do some digging on Max. The guy is a seriously clued up businessman, at least that's the impression I got looking at his CV ( As are some of the people on the board it transpires if you look at Companies house). So do we stand by the owner and board entrusting Blake with £120 million a year turnover or Neil (and his vast business acumen) to tell Max where he's allegedly going wrong :hmmm:..and also thinks he lives in Russia ffs.

Blakes an ex copper, so what (sorry dibs). It's not something you do if you want to be top of the popularity stakes - be honest now ! He went to Uni according to LinkedIn...what did he study, business studies, accounting, hairdressing ? who knows, perhaps it was one of the former. Notwithstanding after his stint 'coppering' he then started at the bottom of the CEO ladder at a small business along time ago- this club. When businesses grow do they keep, support and nurture their staff or sack them on a whim . I'd suggest the owner of that business is the proper person to make that decision not someone who's only qualification in life is the ability to log onto the internet and spout shite.

Many ex military go onto work in the City and earn vast amounts of money after commissions in the Army / Navy / RAF....likewise into politics or even policing. How different is that to getting a degree and going into Policing before settling on a different direction in life, it's a life experience after all.

So I'm not going with the 'ex copper' bullshit excuse thats raised by ND three times a week but only when results go against us. Sure he was in the right place at the right time but that's often how life works . There must be thousands of CEO's who came from absolutely nowhere to successfully work at a high level in business and Industry - or is there a CEO school - let's ask the Venkys at Blackburn.

We all knew this would happen. A few bad results and the same detractors come out with the same old excuses like a broken record.

The thing that pisses me off is the same folk trying to undermine the fabric of the club at every turn when things don't go their way. It's fucking tedious, its been going on since Mitchell was here and the title of this thread demonstrates it to a tee. A few months ago we were all on the pitch celebrating promotion now people are desperately trying to prove a point due to some weird obsession.

The owner, board and backroom staff are tried and tested, even if it doesn't meet the exacting standards of a few on here who've never stood in their shoes. Sure they're not immune to criticism and will continue to make mistakes. Then there's Parker, recruited to do a job and did it. Now he sounds like a right mixed up cookie, even more than usual so the board need to deal with it and tell him to wind his neck in and get on with it.

How do I feel. Well I woke up at 4am feeling sick in the stomach, that feeling when you've been on the lash and may or may not have said or done something the night before that you're bound to regret the next day.

This defeat will never go away but we go into Wednesday like it never happened.
When did you come back?

I posted 2 months ago thst their wasnt money to spend(I know we bought a few players)but for little money compared to most others. How for example could we not sign philips if we had him on loan last year. Teavers , zemura,kilkenny and anthony didn't cost us 300, 000 between the 4 of them. So why havent we got the money to strengthen the squad??
FFS read your fucking **************** before posting it.

We've had the amazing revelation that Neil and his mates were booing last year because of what they knew was going to happen in this year's premier league. Amazing foresight to give them credit.
It was often spoken about on here by quite a few people @Topfarrier in particular. The style of football we were playing against inferior opposition would lead to us being in big trouble a level up. So few shot creation was always going to be even less, against better defenders and keepers. It was really obvious but hard I know to concede it if you were arguing the toss over how we were winning and that’s all that mattered. Although now the same guy is a ‘d***head’ because he is concerned about squad depth and speaking out to try and engender action.

I don’t think you can compare style of play in champ vs prem.

In champ we were up against a lot of teams that sat deep and wanted us to break them down whereas in prem the roles are reversed. Executed this to perfection vs villa when we were clinical with our chances.

No doubt we suffer from a lack of creativity which doesn’t help nor that our key exponents are injured: rothwell, brooks and Stan!

It was often spoken about on here by quite a few people @Topfarrier in particular. The style of football we were playing against inferior opposition would lead to us being in big trouble a level up. So few shot creation was always going to be even less, against better defenders and keepers. It was really obvious but hard I know to concede it if you were arguing the toss over how we were winning and that’s all that mattered. Although now the same guy is a ‘d***head’ because he is concerned about squad depth and speaking out to try and engender action.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to tell you that we were going to struggle in the PL. But we're in the PL, which was his task.

I've no loyalty to Parker, I said at the time you were booing him for his performances six months into the future that we should give him ten games and sack him if he's not good enough. The replacement we can get will be a higher standard than what we could have got in the Championship.

It's not complicated, is he good enough for the task in hand? Last year he was, which means he was a good appointment. If he's not good enough now he should be sacked. As red_house says - deal with the here and now.

He's a dickhead because he's deliberately talking the squad down to protect himself from criticism rather than getting on with not getting beat 9-0, which no manager should ever let happen. If it does they should get on and fix the problem and not tell the fans that they can expect more of the same. If that's true Scotty boy you should step aside and let someone better have a go.

I posted 2 months ago thst their wasnt money to spend(I know we bought a few players)but for little money compared to most others. How for example could we not sign philips if we had him on loan last year. Teavers , zemura,kilkenny and anthony didn't cost us 300, 000 between the 4 of them. So why havent we got the money to strengthen the squad??

So why did the athletic say we have done a deal with Macquarie to factor future tv money? What’s that money being used for?

You said there was no money to spend, we have spent money. This isn’t the first time in which you have claimed something and then moved the goal posts.

Well that's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I've seen it.

He at least uses the same name.

I do wonder what he was trying to spell when he locked in Istabraq by mistake.

Yup, back in the prem. seriously amateur.

And he could easily have left Blake off that letter. But it doesn’t suit your narrative.

Yup, back in the prem. seriously amateur.

And he could easily have left Blake off that letter. But it doesn’t suit your narrative.
Left the CEO off a letter that would have been agreed by the CEO, written by the clubs PR team on behalf of both parties and part of the severance package with a subsequent NDA so nobody can discuss it for a specified amount of time (and nobody has). Not sure that was going to happen Rob!

Left the CEO off a letter that would have been agreed by the CEO, written by the clubs PR team on behalf of both parties and part of the severance package with a subsequent NDA so nobody can discuss it for a specified amount of time (and nobody has). Not sure that was going to happen Rob!

This is quite disrespectful to Howe tbh. As if he's going to let the PR team of the club speak for him. Funny how Parker's words are gospel when you think they support your argument, a guy that can barely put a sentence together, yet Howe the most eloquent manager we've had can't speak for himself.

Edit: Rob will be along in a minute to say how we had much more eloquent managers in the olden days. Bradbury, O'Driscoll, Redknapp and the like.

Mark Mcadam reporting on sky that we need to ship some out before we can bring others in. Basically what has happened here is that we assembled a ludicrously large squad last season with far too many average-decent championship players in it. A few of them made sporadic contributions along the way (Dembele, Marcondes, Lowe etc) but now we are stuck with quite a substantial number of players who are clearly not good enough for this level and we are struggling to move them on. Great planning from all involved there.

We currently have so many players taking up a valuable squad space who just aren’t up to it at this level-

-Stacy- looked very vulnerable when defending even in the championship, would be eaten alive at this level.

-Mepham- a mid table standard championship defender, couldn’t get in our team ahead of Cahill last season. When Cahill started to struggle he still didn’t get a run of games, we opted to sign someone else instead! Yet he’s expected to suddenly be a PL quality defender.

-Marcondes- wasn’t trusted to be in the championship starting eleven despite there being many opportunities to include him.

-Stanislas- he’s a write off, sorry. Don’t care how talented he is, it’s totally irrelevant because he can’t stay fit. Decision to give him a 2 year deal was in hindsight a disastrous one.

Pearson- I like the guy but he’s clearly not a Pl standard midfielder.

Dembele- looked decent in flashes in the championship but had limited experience at that level.

Christie- an attacker who can’t shoot to save his life. Another ‘decent’ championship player but his end product even at that level was lacking.

Lowe- should be nowhere near a PL squad.

That’s not even to mention Brooks who will be taking up a squad space and not available for many weeks.

Essentially our long term recruitment plan has been absolutely shocking. The short term plan was to sign as many decent championship level players who we could get our hands on and to hope that enough of them made sporadic contributions to lift us to promotion. It did work in that respect, the contributions from the likes of Dembele and Lowe were vital. However we have now been left with a squad containing far too many players who just won’t cut it at this level. Blake, Hughes and Parker were happy to go around handing out multi year contracts but with little thought put into the longer term repercussions. Like I’ve said before it is very amateurish. We now can’t realistically compete in this league because we can’t offload these players. Parker has clearly been told that there can’t be incomings unless some depart, and instead of getting on with it he has decided to throw a tantrum in the media. The likely outcome of the next few days is that we won’t be able to offload these players and will be left with a below par squad and a manager who doesn’t believe in them. This is why it’s so important to hire proper footballing people to run the football operations.

;