Recruitment war- Parker vs Demin

Left the CEO off a letter that would have been agreed by the CEO, written by the clubs PR team on behalf of both parties and part of the severance package with a subsequent NDA so nobody can discuss it for a specified amount of time (and nobody has). Not sure that was going to happen Rob!

The link SDD provided does actually state its his 'own words'. It doesn't read like it was written by the PR department, here's the full letter. Most people would read that and accept it for what it was.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18622733.eddie-howe-writes-open-letter-afc-bournemouth-fans/

It's a bit confusing that EH got us attacking and scoring enough goals to get enough PL wins in 4 seasons.. EH being a defender in lower leagues.

SP.. a seasoned campaigner in the PL for years as a midfielder....you would think he understands what way to play for a particular type of team and players to avoid a hammering....so I can only deduce that the main difference between the two...is that a Fear element is with SP....whereas EH was bold and brave.

Mark Mcadam reporting on sky that we need to ship some out before we can bring others in. Basically what has happened here is that we assembled a ludicrously large squad last season with far too many average-decent championship players in it. A few of them made sporadic contributions along the way (Dembele, Marcondes, Lowe etc) but now we are stuck with quite a substantial number of players who are clearly not good enough for this level and we are struggling to move them on. Great planning from all involved there.

We currently have so many players taking up a valuable squad space who just aren’t up to it at this level-

-Stacy- looked very vulnerable when defending even in the championship, would be eaten alive at this level.

-Mepham- a mid table standard championship defender, couldn’t get in our team ahead of Cahill last season. When Cahill started to struggle he still didn’t get a run of games, we opted to sign someone else instead! Yet he’s expected to suddenly be a PL quality defender.

-Marcondes- wasn’t trusted to be in the championship starting eleven despite there being many opportunities to include him.

-Stanislas- he’s a write off, sorry. Don’t care how talented he is, it’s totally irrelevant because he can’t stay fit. Decision to give him a 2 year deal was in hindsight a disastrous one.

Pearson- I like the guy but he’s clearly not a Pl standard midfielder.

Dembele- looked decent in flashes in the championship but had limited experience at that level.

Christie- an attacker who can’t shoot to save his life. Another ‘decent’ championship player but his end product even at that level was lacking.

Lowe- should be nowhere near a PL squad.

That’s not even to mention Brooks who will be taking up a squad space and not available for many weeks.

Essentially our long term recruitment plan has been absolutely shocking. The short term plan was to sign as many decent championship level players who we could get our hands on and to hope that enough of them made sporadic contributions to lift us to promotion. It did work in that respect, the contributions from the likes of Dembele and Lowe were vital. However we have now been left with a squad containing far too many players who just won’t cut it at this level. Blake, Hughes and Parker were happy to go around handing out multi year contracts but with little thought put into the longer term repercussions. Like I’ve said before it is very amateurish. We now can’t realistically compete in this league because we can’t offload these players. Parker has clearly been told that there can’t be incomings unless some depart, and instead of getting on with it he has decided to throw a tantrum in the media. The likely outcome of the next few days is that we won’t be able to offload these players and will be left with a below par squad and a manager who doesn’t believe in them. This is why it’s so important to hire proper footballing people to run the football operations.

Of course they can offload these players.

Richard Hughes played 300 games in 13 seasons as a professional footballer including 7 seasons in the Premier league and gained 5 caps for his country. Why does this not make him a proper footballing person?

Mark Mcadam reporting on sky that we need to ship some out before we can bring others in. Basically what has happened here is that we assembled a ludicrously large squad last season with far too many average-decent championship players in it. A few of them made sporadic contributions along the way (Dembele, Marcondes, Lowe etc) but now we are stuck with quite a substantial number of players who are clearly not good enough for this level and we are struggling to move them on. Great planning from all involved there.

We currently have so many players taking up a valuable squad space who just aren’t up to it at this level-

-Stacy- looked very vulnerable when defending even in the championship, would be eaten alive at this level.

-Mepham- a mid table standard championship defender, couldn’t get in our team ahead of Cahill last season. When Cahill started to struggle he still didn’t get a run of games, we opted to sign someone else instead! Yet he’s expected to suddenly be a PL quality defender.

-Marcondes- wasn’t trusted to be in the championship starting eleven despite there being many opportunities to include him.

-Stanislas- he’s a write off, sorry. Don’t care how talented he is, it’s totally irrelevant because he can’t stay fit. Decision to give him a 2 year deal was in hindsight a disastrous one.

Dembele- looked decent in flashes in the championship but had limited experience at that level.

Christie- an attacker who can’t shoot to save his life. Another ‘decent’ championship player but his end product even at that level was lacking.

That’s not even to mention Brooks who will be taking up a squad space and not available for many weeks.

Essentially our long term recruitment plan has been absolutely shocking. The short term plan was to sign as many decent championship level players who we could get our hands on and to hope that enough of them made sporadic contributions to lift us to promotion. It did work in that respect, the contributions from the likes of Dembele and Lowe were vital. However we have now been left with a squad containing far too many players who just won’t cut it at this level. Blake, Hughes and Parker were happy to go around handing out multi year contracts but with little thought put into the longer term repercussions. Like I’ve said before it is very amateurish. We now can’t realistically compete in this league because we can’t offload these players. Parker has clearly been told that there can’t be incomings unless some depart, and instead of getting on with it he has decided to throw a tantrum in the media. The likely outcome of the next few days is that we won’t be able to offload these players and will be left with a below par squad and a manager who doesn’t believe in them. This is why it’s so important to hire proper footballing people to run the football operations.
Good post. Hard to disagree on any of those names, except maybe Pearson who can do a job (as he did vs Villa) and Mepham who is good enough backup. Nobody will pay for Stan or probably even loan him, so may as well try to get 4 or 5 games out of him.

The rest is spot on though, we knew exactly what the goal was when we signed those players in Jan, so surely all (including Parker) knew that we'd either have to stick with those we have, or have a big summer of turnover. Something, somewhere really isn't right about this. I struggle to think that Parker said "sign these 5 players in Jan, most of which I will then ship out 6 months later".

Good post. Hard to disagree on any of those names, except maybe Pearson who can do a job (as he did vs Villa) and Mepham who is good enough backup. Nobody will pay for Stan or probably even loan him, so may as well try to get 4 or 5 games out of him.

The rest is spot on though, we knew exactly what the goal was when we signed those players in Jan, so surely all (including Parker) knew that we'd either have to stick with those we have, or have a big summer of turnover. Something, somewhere really isn't right about this. I struggle to think that Parker said "sign these 5 players in Jan, most of which I will then ship out 6 months later".
It all points to a real lack of strategic direction or any kind of planning from all involved.

Stupid fucking post.
I think the post was made
Really? Why hasn’t it been done yet then?
Probably because it's a 1 in 1 out situation. They have to be sure that the incoming is almost signed and sealed before we show someone the exit door. A championship grade player is better than a development squad player.
It does smack of scrambling around at the last minute though. Something has gone seriously wrong in the planning which is unforgivable at any level of the game.

Really? Why hasn’t it been done yet then?

Probably because the owner doesn't want to spend money on replacements. I would have thought there will be movement both ways this week too.

Obviously your post is also full of the normal hyperbole - many of the players you say are good enough for the PL.

Probably because the owner doesn't want to spend money on replacements. I would have thought there will be movement both ways this week too.

Obviously your post is also full of the normal hyperbole - many of the players you say are good enough for the PL.
Do you watch a lot of PL football? Genuine question. You are going to be in for a real shock this season if you believe the players I have listed above are good enough at this level.

Your plan as a supporter and the clubs plan as a business are two completely different things. Try and understand that instead of always slagging off players.
Fair point. If the clubs plan was to get promoted and then take the money and go straight back down again then the objectives are on track to be met. That’s not me being flippant either, perhaps this actually was Max’s plan to become a potential yo yo club.

The short term goal was achieved clearly. But we’ve placed ourselves in a position where we’ve made it next to impossible for us to compete now we have got promoted.

Do you watch a lot of PL football? Genuine question. You are going to be in for a real shock this season if you believe the players I have listed above are good enough at this level.

You might end up being right but let's face it you don't have any credibility whatsoever when you make doom laden predictions.

You attempting to patronise me after humiliating yourself last year with this sort of stuff and then having to change your username out of sheer embarrassment is hilarious btw.

Richard Hughes played 300 games in 13 seasons as a professional footballer including 7 seasons in the Premier league and gained 5 caps for his country. Why does this not make him a proper footballing person?
I don’t think anyone is saying he isn’t a proper footballing person but those stats don’t make an impressive director of football. Gazza had a more impressive playing career but I wouldn’t have him as a director of football.

I’m saying he isn’t recruiting sensibly and strategically and this may be because he is not a professional director of football. interesting that Eddie went for Dan Ashworth at Newcastle who hasn’t played at the level Hughes has but had done an incredible job at Brighton. He didn’t come back for Hughes.

The players in our squad we call PL players, Lerma, Kelly, Smith, Solanke were signed in Eddie’s time. Since he left our signings have been questionable and short term.

Laird, Cahill, Phillips, Cantwell, Davis, Marcondes, Dembele, Moore, Woodman, the other keeper that couldn’t kick straight and probably a few others I’ve forgotten last season and only Moore is expected to feature from the lot of them this season.

It’s just poor strategy: the North Korean bunch will cling to the fact it got us promoted and they weren’t meant to be signings for the future but that’s only applicable if you have a strategy to replace them which we didn’t and if the owner knew that which he didn’t. You then end up starting the worlds toughest league with one elite level Centre back. This is what Parker is whinging about (not in the right way). They also appointed a manager who needs a lot of money and had a track record of destroying morale when he doesn’t get it.

It’s abysmal. Amateur. And they pay themselves a fortune to deliver this crap.

The short term goal was achieved clearly. But we’ve placed ourselves in a position where we’ve made it next to impossible for us to compete now we have got promoted.
We managed to compete with Villa. Or, are you basing it on the last three results against top 6 teams?

ummm....Villa 2-0 Obviously cant compete......After 4 games with 3 against the potential top 3 your argument is heresay and nonsense. How do you know what our long term strategy has been and what it is for the future. I await your calling me a prick again.....

Fair point. If the clubs plan was to get promoted and then take the money and go straight back down again then the objectives are on track to be met. That’s not me being flippant either, perhaps this actually was Max’s plan to become a potential yo yo club.
We have become another Norwich, at least the club is using some money on new training facilities. Nobody knows what Max is trying to do and its not worth trying to speculate over. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.

;