Recruitment war- Parker vs Demin

...but it's only a loss of 3 points and altho' I was hoping for better we have only dropped one place (I think I have read). I predict there'll be no other team to suffer our embarrassing result of today in any game this season... it will have done our goal difference any favours!
UTC
I dunno, Southampton seem to have an annual drubbing.

30% of the starting line up were untried academy players - Travers, Anthony, Zemura, add in Kilkenny and Rossi during the record unbeaten run too. Regardless of that, Parker’s openly said today he was given the tools to get the side promoted, he did just that. We’ve had 3 losses, 2 of which to arguably the best teams in Europe. Today was woeful, an embarrassment; awful; whatever else. But judge him properly after 10 games, the likes of Brighton, Forest etc.

Not expecting much from September: forest will be tough on their own patch; Brighton are in form while Newcastle will be like liverpool today at this rate. Wolves home is key.

30% of the starting line up were untried academy players - Travers, Anthony, Zemura, add in Kilkenny and Rossi during the record unbeaten run too. Regardless of that, Parker’s openly said today he was given the tools to get the side promoted, he did just that. We’ve had 3 losses, 2 of which to arguably the best teams in Europe. Today was woeful, an embarrassment; awful; whatever else. But judge him properly after 10 games, the likes of Brighton, Forest etc.
100m on the pitch every week.....in the Championship!.......we beat sides whose entire match day squad cost less than Kieffer Moore........got us promoted with academy did he ?......lol there been some cr@p written on here over the years but that's up there.

Not sure I believe this tbh. I could well be imagining this, but I could’ve sworn I remember a quote from Parker somewhere about the team being “a year ahead of schedule” after we secured promotion. AM I imagining this? If I’m not, then Parker knew full fucking well what his assignment was.

It’s starting to feel like he was never actually “here for the project”. You improve players over time and nurture their growth if you’re for the future, you don’t rake them over the coals every Saturday and tell the world how grossly unprepared and shitty they are. It’s outrageous. He’s saving his own skin.

On that note, I genuinely have no idea what he’s talking about with his squad not being good enough. This squad is still fairly similar to the one that should’ve never in a million years been relegated, give or take some stars. He’s since added his own players that he himself wanted into the mix. I mean, look at this squad:

Goalkeepers
Travers is absolutely a premier league standard goalkeeper, as is Neto. No complaints here.

Centre Backs
Senesi is an Argentina international that’s been watched by loads of better clubs than us. Also a Parker signing. Needs time to bed in. Kelly is a PL standard CB with a very high ceiling. Mepham is a good enough option and hasn’t really let us down yet imo. Hill is one of the players for the future that he’s supposed to be nurturing. Could do with another one but what’re you going to do. Other than play a back 4 of course.

Fullbacks
Obviously Zemura needs competition. We’ve got Smith for a pinch but it’s not ideal. We’ve got three fucking right backs, one of which is a Parker signing, so no complaints there.

Midfielders
Cook, Lerma, Billing, Tavernier, all look PL quality imo. Pearson in his role mostly looks the part, Rothwell seemed promising in preseason. Marcondes isn’t the absolute piece of **************** that Parker makes him out to be. Well stocked in midfield. Moaning

Wingers
Brooks is obviously PL quality. Question marks over Christie and Anthony. Stanislas injured again. Tavernier also a wing option. Dembele, again, treated poorly and seemingly off. Parker obviously blowing smoke up his **************** since January. Why even sign him? We’re looking at wingers still apparently

Strikers
Solanke and Moore are about as good as we can realistically get. Feel for Moore but when paired with Solanke he looks good, I believe Solanke will get goals at this level. If we’re being honest, Lowe isn’t good enough. Ideally we’d ship him out and replace him with better, as much as I like the guy.

This is NOT a terrible squad. There is plenty to work with here with some intelligent coaching and positive approaches to games. Parker might not believe in this squad (of which many are his own fucking signings), but I do. And if he’s being honest in his interviews, maybe he should step aside and we should hire someone that actually believes we can stay up.

I truly don’t even blame the players here, rightly or wrongly. I really thought they tried their best vs City, but were outplayed. Then the comments from Parker in the media come in. Then the Arsenal game is even worse. Then even stronger comments are aired out to the whole sporting world. Is it any surprise this lot could barely kick a ball come kick off? Their own leader doesn’t even rate them!

I’ve never felt so strongly about a manager or player in such a 180 fashion as I do about Parker right now. This cardigan-wearing, Lego-haired prat is trying to gaslight us into thinking we’re doomed. To what end? How is this going to help, Scott? He’s giving off such pitiful vibes of weakness. Show some fucking spine and work with what you’ve got you spoilt little maggot. Or GTFO.

From seeing the goals, we really missed Phillips, especially with the headed ones. Maybe Klopp will feel sorry for us and allow him back.
It's worrying Scott is fearing more though. Maybe it is his way of appealling to the board?

There seems to be a streak of amateurism in our club. Why spend good money on players for positions where we are already covered? Are there not players out there who are buyable and up to EPL standards who can fill in the weak spots or has all the Polyfilla gone?

There seems to be a streak of amateurism in our club. Why spend good money on players for positions where we are already covered? Are there not players out there who are buyable and up to EPL standards who can fill in the weak spots or has all the Polyfilla gone?
Because Blake and Hughes are out of their depth and Eddie carried them for years, many on here won’t like to hear it but it’s true.

Scotty needs to play the hand he's been dealt and stop being so bloody unprofessional. The game was effectively over after 6 minutes today and that is thoroughly unacceptable.

This is my concern. If he was England manager (or a manager for any other country) what would he do? You can’t bemoan the players available to you - that’s your job.

Because Blake and Hughes are out of their depth and Eddie carried them for years, many on here won’t like to hear it but it’s true.

Just seems odd that Blake has managed to hold the position for so long if he's that inept.

I imagine in Demin's world he has a load of switched on people, perhaps the directors who've been appointed over the years (some based in Switzerland?). Surely Blake would have been found out by now and exposed by them as fraud or clueless? I can;t see why they'd keep in the post, given the money involved with the club and whats at stake.

If we were to believe the whole Blake/Mitchell thing and he's been kept on as somehow has something on Demin (lol), I'd have thought they;d just pay him off, whatever it costs, and bring someone competent on board? Or perhaps Blake is just some kind of puppet and the real brains and decision are coming from the directors, people behind the scenes we hear little about.

Yep. Not much I can add to the chorus of dismay here. Scotty needs to play the hand he's been dealt and stop being so bloody unprofessional. The game was effectively over after 6 minutes today and that is thoroughly unacceptable.

Unprofessional and perhaps a sign of ego and overconfidence that he can behave like that and get away with it without repercussions?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he talks to the board this week. I think they need to put him in his place tbh - not shout and bully, but needs to be made clear its a bad look... we know football is different to how usual co's operate, so maybe he's just somehow not aware of how it comes across. Perhaps Blake/Hughes not comfortable doing this as Parker could gett sh1tty and walk... wouldn;t surprise me if the power dynamic is a bit out of kilter at present.

I don;'t care how weak he thinks the squad is, 9 nil is an appalling result for any team in the same division in professional football. Something seriously wrong in the preparation, game plan if thats the end result.

He's hardly likely to walk voluntarily when he knows that if he gets sacked, he'll pocket a few mill in compo !

Maybe he feels this is a hopeless situation, so that's why he got his excuses in first, and actually WANTS to get fired.

He's got a plausible story that he wasn't given the tools to do the job etc. so that shouldn't impact too much on future employment prospects, so long as he gets away quickly.

Just seems odd that Blake has managed to hold the position for so long if he's that inept.

I imagine in Demin's world he has a load of switched on people, perhaps the directors who've been appointed over the years (some based in Switzerland?). Surely Blake would have been found out by now and exposed by them as fraud or clueless? I can;t see why they'd keep in the post, given the money involved with the club and whats at stake.

If we were to believe the whole Blake/Mitchell thing and he's been kept on as somehow has something on Demin (lol), I'd have thought they;d just pay him off, whatever it costs, and bring someone competent on board? Or perhaps Blake is just some kind of puppet and the real brains and decision are coming from the directors, people behind the scenes we hear little about.

I don’t think many of us really know what is going on .
It is clear from Parker that he is saying he needs more quality in the squad, and maybe the powers above are saying sorry no more funds available .

I agree with Parker more quality is needed in this team, as the gulf between the championship and premier league is widening.

We have previously always played with a good team mentality , backs against the walls and produced collectively .

Yesterdays shambles just looks like the players have given up already . You have seasoned pros dishing out abysmal performances . That’s not acceptable .
I do believe it starts with the manager. If we are feeling negative from the managers interviews, imaging how the payers are feeling listening to him day after day .

;