Refunds

The club has known about project restart since early May.

It started a stupid option idea you know they wouldn't be able to cope with in late May. A cynic might say it was aimed to push out payments further still.

June 12th was the deadline for the options with all payments due by 1st July latest.

More than 30 days is deemed unreasonable under consumer law.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/jul/25/consumernews.consumeraffairs1

I anyone who claimed 29th May - 6th June has not been refunded, the club has broken the law. All refunds must be issued by Sunday, 12 July 2020.

there is more chance of me receiving my afcb face masks before the third spike, than getting my refund in the right bank account today

:utc:

there is more chance of me receiving my afcb face masks before the third spike, than getting my refund in the right bank account today

:utc:

I’ve politely emailed asking them to chase it up. I originally emailed 31st May by email with order numbers asking for a refund and was told to do the form which I did well before the 12th. We shall see

I’ve politely emailed asking them to chase it up. I originally emailed 31st May by email with order numbers asking for a refund and was told to do the form which I did well before the 12th. We shall see

Myself and some friends have since received our refunds but to the wrong accounts.

If you changed your account details on the form check the account that the ticket was originally purchased from, even if that card has expired.

Granted that will be tricky if the account has since been closed...

Just an observation. We aren't the only the only the club to string this out. I know a West Ham ST holder and they have yet to receive their refunds when asked yesterday (although they got Now TV passes).

Myself and some friends have since received our refunds but to the wrong accounts.

If you changed your account details on the form check the account that the ticket was originally purchased from, even if that card has expired.

Granted that will be tricky if the account has since been closed...

Thanks, That’s what I’m slightly concerned about but not as complicated, just the card I was using got damaged so has since been replaced but all that was on the form. Seemed like account no and sort code was the most important thing as long as my name was on the account.

Just an observation. We aren't the only the only the club to string this out. I know a West Ham ST holder and they have yet to receive their refunds when asked yesterday (although they got Now TV passes).

using west ham as a comparison is rarely a good thing!

Message received from ticket office today "Apologies for the slight delay with the refunds. The hold up is due to our payment processors having minor issues on their end.........We expect all supporters to receive outstanding monies in their bank accounts this week."

Message received from ticket office today "Apologies for the slight delay with the refunds. The hold up is due to our payment processors having minor issues on their end.........We expect all supporters to receive outstanding monies in their bank accounts this week."

First it was 1st July; then it was if you hadn’t had it this week it’ll be early next week, I deem Tuesday to be the cut off for early this week and now it’s by the end of this week. Crazy

Reactions: DJ
this remind me of the " no shirts in the shop yet" or " season ticket hasn't arrived " threads.....................just chill..............your get your money even if Jorden Ibe has to bring it round personally.........:eek!:

I’ve been mailing the TO every other day voicing my displeasure, however at lunchtime today and completely out of the blue I received an unexpected but very gratefully received call from the TO Manager, Dan Clarke. I’ve had the need to speak to Dan one ever or twice in the last and have always found him to be helpful and customer focused. He took the time to explain the situation fully to me and it’s now clear that the club have been let down by their supplier rather than this situation being underhand in any way. The reason for the club letting us down and sending comms making promises that they haven’t delivered upon is because their supplier have also been doing exactly that. I didn’t fully understand everything that Dan explained but the supplier stated that they would complete the refunds in batches via their own system rather than the club doing it manually by BACS, order-by-order. The supplier made a commitment to the club that all refunds will have been completed by midnight on 30th June, however they clearly didn’t deliver on that promise. Now that Dan has explained it to me and stated that he’s doing everything in his power to ensure that the refunds will be with me by the end of the week, I’m now pacified!

During the conversation I also took the opportunity to give Dan some positive feedback. In my opinion, during the 3-and-a-half years he’s been with the club he has overseen what I feel to have been huge improvements in the ticket purchasing process, the website, the communication and the customer- focus of his team members. Credit where it’s due is what I say, it’s just a shame that something like this created by the unprecedented situation in which we currently find ourselves and is completely out of the club’s hands has caused so much ill feeling and negativity towards them.

Last edited:

;