Richard Hughes

Remember how Everton thought they had upgraded their recruitment set up by poaching Leicester’s highly-rated Steve Walsh and this was a disastrous for them.

Brighton and Brentford have a great set up but that takes time, resources as well as expertise.

Easy to go wrong and, it must be remembered that, a lot of clubs are fishing in the same pool. Still think afcb are harder sell than for some clubs especially with such an underwhelming ground and relegation risk. Sometimes, the least bad signing has to do in contrast to your first choice options.

The evidence suggests that it's process, culture and data science that drives the best players development and recruitment rather than magic individuals.

I blame the boo boys and the constant negative comments on this forum. It cant help him do his job. I think he lacked confidence following recent signings but instead of support he got negativity. No wonder he wants away.

Congrats boo boys!

While anyone involved in our recent success in getting to the premier league twice should be thanked for their part, seeing your highlights boiled down to selling Nathan Ake, Callum Wilson and Tyrone Mings - is that all?

I blame the boo boys and the constant negative comments on this forum. It cant help him do his job. I think he lacked confidence following recent signings but instead of support he got negativity. No wonder he wants away.

Congrats boo boys!
Blame game seems a favourite of yours.

While anyone involved in our recent success in getting to the premier league twice should be thanked for their part, seeing your highlights boiled down to selling Nathan Ake, Callum Wilson and Tyrone Mings - is that all?
I suppose you would need to add buying, giving him a chance to make a bit of a name for himself and selling Aaron Ramsdale to that list.
Although selling him was probably the easy part, since it all happened without his knowledge.

Allegedly:lol:

Whilst it's obvious that this news will no doubt delight a lot of folks on here and wider... I really do hope it doesn't turn out to be a case of being careful what we wished for...

Whilst it's obvious that this news will no doubt delight a lot of folks on here and wider... I really do hope it doesn't turn out to be a case of being careful what we wished for...
Indeed. Whatever the wrongs and rights of all dealings he has been involved with, overall it was enough to give us our period of greatest success which has been sustained for a fairly long time now.

It remains to be seen if any "new arrangement" delivers better results.

If we are trying to be more professional with our recruitment, there is no guarantee that the changes we attempt to make will prove successful. It's a mammoth task but one which Bill probably thinks we need to go through in order to compete today and be more profitable in the future.

I thank Hughes for sticking with us for so long and helping us sustain our competitiveness in the top two divisions.
Good luck to him in the future too.

And now to hope that the replacement arrangement turns out to be, in some way, better than what we've had for so long !

Genuinely interested to know if it does “delight a lot of folks on here and wider” or was it more something repeated frequently by a not so many?
I’d be genuinely interested to know what the net £ profit (or loss) is as a consequence of all Hughes transfer dealings since 2014. That would then enable an informed view.

I think I know what the answer is, but I have no sense of the extent of the loss.

I’d be genuinely interested to know what the net £ profit (or loss) is as a consequence of all Hughes transfer dealings since 2014. That would then enable an informed view.

I think I know what the answer is, but I have no sense of the extent of the loss.

Up until 11 months ago I would have said it was a profit.

Says more about the article’s author than his actual achievements

He was particularly good at finding talent in the Championship. The signings made while we were in the Championship were excellent in terms of getting promotion sorted. Cahill, Christie, Phillips, Moore, Lowe, Pearson, Cantwell and Dembele all played a part in getting us back into the PL.

He was particularly good at finding talent in the Championship. The signings made while we were in the Championship were excellent in terms of getting promotion sorted. Cahill, Christie, Phillips, Moore, Lowe, Pearson, Cantwell and Dembele all played a part in getting us back into the PL.
Very true. Those signings really transformed us. At least in the short term. Which presumably was Parker's thinking too. Hence the falling out when he discovered that he'd already blown his transfer fund for the following summer !

;