Richard Hughes

I heard it through three sources. All nothing to do with each other. Two ex players and a club employee. That’s all I’m relaying. Not really interested if people believe it or not. @Istabraq who is also connected to them has similar stories.

Are those the same three sources that said he wouldn't work with Tindall again? Ask them what lottery numbers they play each week Neil.

Because he has a good agent? Beats me…. Hope he gets the Liverpool job.

As for the links in Celtic and Newcastle it’s just lazy journalism if you ask me. Just as players get linked to former bosses all the time like the couple Rayo players we were linked with in the summer that didn’t happen.

Lol. Lazy journalism? These media outlets are different gravy to what we get down here, there is insatiable demand for stories about their clubs and they have impeccable sources within those clubs .... so they decide to be 'lazy' and make up stories about a bloke their fans have never heard of?

The stories were essentially "who the f*ck is this guy that Howe wants?"

Lol. Lazy journalism? These media outlets are different gravy to what we get down here, there is insatiable demand for stories about their clubs and they have impeccable sources within those clubs .... so they decide to be 'lazy' and make up stories about a bloke their fans have never heard of?

The stories were essentially "who the f*ck is this guy that Howe wants?"

Lol. You do know people don’t choose their own bosses don’t you? Newcastle always had Dan Ashworth in mind, just as Man U do now because he is renowned at what he does. If he leaves it won’t be Eddie that picks the new one just as Ten Haag won’t be saying I want Ashworth.

Hate to break it to you but if the Hughes to Liverpool/Bayern/Barca/Real Madrid (insert ridiculous suggestion club at own leisure) happens then Andoni won’t be choosing his new boss….

We know in football managers and players come and go.

But there are times when a manager/player has a ‘special connection’ with their club.

In our case it was Eddie Howe, a fan, player and then manager (twice).

When we were relegated after five seasons in the Premier League, the strain of the job and the very long hours Eddie put in, could be seen on Eddie’s face, he looked tired/burnt out and as has happened, needed a well earned break.

The fans didn’t want to see him leave our club, but if we are honest with ourselves, he had to, so he could ‘recharge his batteries’ and so when he came back we would see the old Eddie again, raring to go.

After a year out, he found a new club that couldn’t have been further away from his home in England and our loss was Newcastle’s gain.

As for who said what etc, I think it’s time to let ‘sleeping dogs lie’.

Last edited:
Him and JT had a massive clear the air session and resurrected their friendship and working relationship.

You believe that do you? You actually think Jason Tindall is working at Newcastle? Have you seen his contract? He just hangs around the place and lazy journos have put two and two together.

Lol. You do know people don’t choose their own bosses don’t you? Newcastle always had Dan Ashworth in mind, just as Man U do now because he is renowned at what he does. If he leaves it won’t be Eddie that picks the new one just as Ten Haag won’t be saying I want Ashworth.

Hate to break it to you but if the Hughes to Liverpool/Bayern/Barca/Real Madrid (insert ridiculous suggestion club at own leisure) happens then Andoni won’t be choosing his new boss….

I know they all negotiate and come to arrangements. Howe said the reason Celtic didn't happen is because he couldn't get the backroom staff he wanted, which included Hughes according to their papers. Hughes being a guy that Howe said he wanted and unlike Newcastle they were in the process of overhauling this department at the time. It didn't happen and he walked away - you see he might not choose his boss but he certainly chooses the club he works for, which is what he did. This was a year after he sung Hughes' praises in his leaving statement.

This obsession of yours is just b*llocks isn't it? You're trying to jump through so many hoops to try and stick to your guns - and why? Just because you can't bring yourself to admit that Richard Hughes isn't terrible. What a hill to choose to die on!

I know they all negotiate and come to arrangements. Howe said the reason Celtic didn't happen is because he couldn't get the backroom staff he wanted,
His back room staff yes. Not his boss. When Eddie has spoken about it it’s always about the people that work for him. It was only certain media that incorrectly speculated he also wanted to choose his boss.

IMG_2780.jpeg

I'm a bit lost with this train of thought.

So when leaving AFCB, all of his comments can be disregarded because of internal politics, and manufactured and collagraphed statements.

But when he's having an interview whilst as Newcastle manager, but discussing Celtic, he's likely to throw all diplomacy aside and discuss the current Bournemouth director and not just those he's taken to Newcastle?

I'm a bit lost with this train of thought.

So when leaving AFCB, all of his comments can be disregarded because of internal politics, and manufactured and collagraphed statements.

But when he's having an interview whilst as Newcastle manager, but discussing Celtic, he's likely to throw all diplomacy aside and discuss the current Bournemouth director and not just those he's taken to Newcastle?
It’s an easy train of thought. Eddie, like most of us, gets to choose largely who works for him but doesn’t get to choose his boss. He didn’t mention the technical directors of Spurs or Man City either. Out of respect or because it was never on the table?

But how does a paragraph from the Daily Mirror prove this over other quotes?
Because it’s the only one from Eddie. Nowhere else has Eddie said they couldn’t get Hughes to Celtic. There have been times where he’s said he couldn’t get his coaches though. He wouldn’t mention Hughes as it was never happening. Del keeps mentioning the reliability of media not me as it’s all agent led mumbo jumbo in my book.

His back room staff yes. Not his boss. When Eddie has spoken about it it’s always about the people that work for him. It was only certain media that incorrectly speculated he also wanted to choose his boss.

View attachment 13154

When did he say that? He didn't name those people in his interview with Shearer he said this:

"Celtic was the one job I’d been offered that really appealed. The issue there was my staff. I felt that if I was to come into a pressured job like that, I needed to go in with a sense of stability. I could have recruited new staff, but then you’re working each other out and there’s a transition process where it probably takes three, four, five months. That’s five months too late. I needed my staff with me and we couldn’t get them together.”

The Irish mirror put two and two together and came up with the names - names of people he did manage to convince to move north a few months later. It's funny how lazy journalism is alright some times isn't it?

;