Richard Hughes

Klopp leaving Liverpool....could be a duffer going in to replace..they won't know that.
Changing their 'sporting director' for Hughes ?
Wtf is a f√cking 'sporting director'...directs sport ?
Fink Klopp had it all just about nailed eh ?

Could be the start of a barren period for the Reds.
Just saying like...just saying.

Lloyd Kelly is our best defender in my opinion because of my own eyes… nothing more.

Hughes could go to Real Madrid and it wouldn’t change my opinion that we could have had a better use of our cash and less needless management change in his tenure here. Just as Parker going to a Champions League club after us didn’t change the fact he was an average manager.

Theres a chance we may not have signed as effective players if Hughes wasn't here perhaps?

At the end of the day...any day....you put 11 men in a pitch to play a game ...to represent a Town or City..or village. That ..is what it's basically about...
..f√ck-all else from a fans point of view...or shouldn't be !
Lowly Newport County scored two class goals and did some class play against an expensively assembled team from Manchester...as did a lowly team at Dean Court in 84 with similarly two class goals and class play..although winners in that one.
11 Men v 11 men.

Lloyd Kelly is our best defender in my opinion because of my own eyes… nothing more.

Hughes could go to Real Madrid and it wouldn’t change my opinion that we could have had a better use of our cash and less needless management change in his tenure here. Just as Parker going to a Champions League club after us didn’t change the fact he was an average manager.
Up and down the league clubs have appointed good and bad managers, as well as bought well and less well. Its not as cut and dried that you make a few choices that dont end as hoped equates to as being useless.

I prefer to look at things a little bit more holistically and the bigger picture. Under Hughes, as well as Blake and others, we have grown immeasurably as a club over a really short period. The success we have had as a very small team is ridiculous. Yes we have had some shocking appointments and signings, but overall he has done well in my opinion.

I dont demand nor expect everything to work 100% because the factors of success are so vast its impossible to predict the success of every transaction.

Yes depending on who we had doing the job. Also a chance we might have signed more effective players. We will never know

Well yes. But overall, seeing as we've been in PL and got promoted again and looking good again now... with some excellent young players... I tend to think he's done a decent job.

Its like saying Dom's done well, but we could/may have had an even more prolific striker, for much less money/outlay if we had signed another striker.

Well yes. But overall, seeing as we've been in PL and got promoted again and looking good again now... with some excellent young players... I tend to think he's done a decent job.

Its like saying Dom's done well, but we have had an even more prolific striker, for much less money/outlay if we had signed another striker.

Precisely. You can always declare that things could have been done better without ever having any real basis to this opinion. When you look at the club now, realistically how much better could it have gone? It's splitting hairs in the extreme to find fault with how the club has been run imo.

Precisely. You can always declare that things could have been done better without ever having any real basis to this opinion. When you look at the club now, realistically how much better could it have gone? It's splitting hairs in the extreme to find fault with how the club has been run imo.
We are ok now. We should have been at this stage sooner. And 120m better off from an extra years PL money and without having paid off four managers and their teams. All of this could be pivotal when our accounts pan out over the next couple years.

We are ok now. We should have been at this stage sooner. And 120m better off from an extra years PL money and without having paid off four managers and their teams. All of this could be pivotal when our accounts pan out over the next couple years.

You say this, repeatedly, yet on what basis do you say it should have been achieved sooner? We took one more year to get promoted than we might and everything else has gone pretty perfectly - a complete change of the clubs fortunes for multiple reasons.

You say that they've wasted loads of money yet we don't know what's going to happen. Even Traore - your poster boy for failure - could be sold without significant loss. All of the other wastes of money have slowly showed that they aren't as bad as you'd hoped.

You say this, repeatedly, yet on what basis do you say it should have been achieved sooner?
On the basis we had the most expensive and best squad in that league but they appointed JT and then Woodgate. Even without Begovic and Danjuma two outstanding players in that first season it went up automatically the year after.

We really are going back to greatest hits arguments now Del. I know you don’t agree, everyone knows you don’t agree. I can accept you have a different view without boring everyone to tears arguing with you.

On the basis we had the most expensive and best squad in that league but they appointed JT and then Woodgate. Even without Begovic and Danjuma two outstanding players in that first season it went up automatically the year after.

We really are going back to greatest hits arguments now Del. I know you don’t agree, everyone knows you don’t agree. I can accept you have a different view without boring everyone to tears arguing with you.

It isn't my long held agenda that clogs up these threads. Personally I think you make yourself look more ridiculous as the years go by clinging on to your pre conceived ideas of incompetence when everything points towards the most successful period in our history. Crazy how you've refused to let ot go for so many years.

It isn't my long held agenda that clogs up these threads. Personally I think you make yourself look more ridiculous as the years go by clinging on to your pre conceived ideas of incompetence when everything points towards the most successful period in our history. Crazy how you've refused to let ot go for so many years.
Not sure why you need to make it personal.

Anyway.. time will tell.

Not sure why you need to make it personal.

Anyway.. time will tell.

It's not particularly personal to say you have an unshakeable and long-held anti Hughes position on everything is it? It's an opinion based on your input on here. It's the same as when people have a go at me for being argumentative - it's not like I can deny it is it?

;