Richard Hughes

I think it’s really difficult when you’ve been such a high profile fan of another club, particularly a local rival, to establish yourself at a new club because it looks like TV opportunism I guess. I don’t think any of us with our internet history could become a Southampton YouTube presenter and be taken seriously.

When you talk to him in person he’s a really sound bloke.
I did bump into him a while ago in the Richmond, at the time I didn’t know who he was. He’d had a few, but as you say seemed a decent bloke.

For the record I think Mark McAdam had left Dean Court before Eddie Mitchell and Neil Blake arrived. He was about in the days of really no money when all those lovely loyal staff who Eddie Mitchell cleared out were often not paid.

For the record I think Mark McAdam had left Dean Court before Eddie Mitchell and Neil Blake arrived. He was about in the days of really no money when all those lovely loyal staff who Eddie Mitchell cleared out were often not paid.
I’m sure Neil will fathom out some link to the deadly duo.

mcadam stated how well the club is run (no danger of ffp issues) and lauded blake and hughes's abilities

you really wonder just how and why the malcontents have backed themselves into such a corner of stupidity despite all the contrary evidence
mcadam alluded to this in the interview

I think it’s really difficult when you’ve been such a high profile fan of another club, particularly a local rival, to establish yourself at a new club because it looks like TV opportunism I guess. I don’t think any of us with our internet history could become a Southampton YouTube presenter and be taken seriously.

When you talk to him in person he’s a really sound bloke.
He lost all credibility when he was the first to jump on the the Iraola out bandwagon in October. Has since given a snivelling apology. Too late, damage done.

He comes across a sensitive person.
Looks like he’s about to cry in the few bits I’ve seen.
Why he put’s himself on the block is weird.

Interesting to hear Nark McAdams thoughts on Hughes and Blake yesterday.
Another respected journalist without an agenda who has a great deal of praise for them.
I think Neil has dug himself so deep it would be impossible for him to save face now.
Might as well become a politician, they are never wrong.
One thing I don’t get is how the chap who runs the Youtube channel which mark was on manages to get these high profile names to appear. He gets a very low view count. I only watched it as I saw a link on X.
Thanks, just watched it.

MM did praise Blake and Hughes for how well they have run our football club over the years.

It was interesting listening to what was said regarding Manchester City and their finances and spending etc.

To find things out about them it was mentioned hacking emails etc which would not stand up as evidence against the club.

Hence why the ‘case’ against City is taking so long.

One of the best examples of benefitting from selling your best player was Colin Clarke to S'ton in summer 1986 for £440k. In came Mark Whitlock, Gerry Peyton, Trevor Aylott, David Puckett, Carl Richards.
85/86 - 15th, 86/87 Champions.
I'll travel a million miles for one of your goals................

I can an assure you R&R is not trying to be funny.
He might be...but you probably won't know that because you don't have much of a sense of humour or at least not anywhere near his depth and range....however if he comes along and says I'm talking bollux I will have to acknowledge that you are correct in your assumption that he is not trying to be funny.
Now then ....how can I stretch this out.......ah yes ...some recipients of the gist of this post might think it's me trying to be tremendously funny but I can assure you that it is not...or maybe Its just mildly funny if you ain't had a very good day or been bid one by our man of day bidding repute !

He might be...but you probably won't know that because you don't have much of a sense of humour or at least not anywhere near his depth and range....however if he comes along and says I'm talking bollux I will have to acknowledge that you are correct in your assumption that he is not trying to be funny.
Now then ....how can I stretch this out.......ah yes ...some recipients of the gist of this post might think it's me trying to be tremendously funny but I can assure you that it is not...or maybe Its just mildly funny if you ain't had a very good day or been bid one by our man of day bidding repute !
Well, you like to big yourself up all day.
Me, not much sense of humour lol.
You are nearly as sad as your mate Steven. You seem to think we hang on your words with anticipation. I know several people on here personally and a few more who read but don’t post. They view you as a racist homophobia fuelled fool.

Last edited:
But the favoured target now is Sporting Lisbon boss Ruben Amorim, whose success in Portugal and style of play have made him an attractive proposition for a number of clubs. With the likes of Bayern Munich and Barcelona seeking a new boss this summer, Liverpool know they cannot afford to waste time should they decide Amorim is their man.

So you think he's a, "shagarama baby" (Austin Powers). Good luck with that.

He better not be thinking about AI....leave it Hughsey

I hope our manager feels the same about AFCB.

From Liverpool Echo story above.

In some ways, Alonso's decision to remain at Leverkusen should be applauded. It shows not only a willingness to stay loyal to a job he clearly believes is only just truly getting started, but also that he won't be swayed by bigger clubs merely fluttering their eyelashes at him.

Such patience and obvious confidence in his own ability to attract better roles later in his career will benefit both Alonso and his present club which, who knows, could one day be Liverpool.

Well, you like to big yourself up all day.
Me, not much sense of humour lol.
You are nearly as sad as your mate Steven. You seem to think we hang on your words with anticipation. I know several people on here personally and a few more who read but don’t post. They view you as a racist homophobia fuelled fool.

Gets ready for reply about forum being a flawed medium and something about meeting him down the pub...

;