Richard Hughes

Blimey. Seems everyone on here is filling the void of the international break by doing drugs from various specific areas of Bournemouth and Poole.

Roll on Saturday! :)
I’m not sure that drugs is the issue here. More that he’s just a bored septuagenarian who sadly seems to have nothing better to fill his life than by spending inordinate time on here attempting to be different.

If all the speculation regarding Hughes taking three or four of our players to Liverpool along with our scouting staff, this could seriously impact on our survival in the PL next season.

hi mr r&r
given you're usually spot on with your analysis of the club, would you kindly reveal your source please
thanking you kindly
good day

It’s ’speculation’!!! You’re supposed to have been a scout, can you seriously see one of our players being good enough for Liverpool, let alone three or four? Neither can I see any of our players leaving to sit on the bench/in their development team.

Why is it all doom and gloom with you? Just get a life.
...but he does have a life - baiting this forum and he's pretty successful at it.

I’m not sure that drugs is the issue here. More that he’s just a bored septuagenarian who sadly seems to have nothing better to fill his life than by spending inordinate time on here attempting to be different.
I spend quite a lot of each week walking around Bodmin Moor and coastal spots.....all weathers, watching bird life and taking in lots of relatively unpolluted air - keeps the brain fresh you see...why I'm so bloody sharp witted, albeit with the odd f√ck up on facts and limited understanding of the evolving 'Soccer' ! :cuppa:

If all the speculation regarding Hughes taking three or four of our players to Liverpool along with our scouting staff, this could seriously impact on our survival in the PL next season. How do we quickly replace these players in time for next season and bed them in for a PL campaign? We could find ourselves falling through the divisions like a lead balloon.

I recall the days when John Bond dismantled our successful side back in the early 70's and look what happened to us. We had years in the doldrums under John Benson where our crowd was press ganged by a hit mob around Kings park and dumping people in the ground in order look as if we had some form of crowd for home games.
So which of our players would get into Liverpools first team ? And don't say Kelly because we know he is going elsewhere anyway and will have prepared for that. As usual you just have to be Mr doom and gloom and as ever will be proved wrong.

So which of our players would get into Liverpools first team ? And don't say Kelly because we know he is going elsewhere anyway and will have prepared for that. As usual you just have to be Mr doom and gloom and as ever will be proved wrong.
Probably none of them will get into Liverpools first team. They will go, if they choose to do so, for the money.

Just can’t see it.

Solanke you could make a case for at a stretch, but I ld be surprised. Think they’ll be shopping in other markets for ready made forwards.

Our other most mature players probably aren’t of that level if we’re honest.

Our up and coming players with high potential aren’t there yet. The whole point of them being here is to get the first team development before they probably step on again.

This isn’t going to be a Norwich scenario I’m pretty confident of that.
I agree, our owner wants to build a strong team to move higher up the league season by season until we can get into a European place.

To do that you keep your best players while they are in contract and do your best to try and get others to sign new contracts.

Players leave the clubs they were at for a ‘bigger’ club, but it doesn’t always work out.

Solanke is performing well and getting goals because of our manager and the style he plays is getting the best out of Solanke.

He could move on, not necessarily guaranteed a first team start week in and week out.

Think you are correct re a Norwich scenario, hopefully that was a one off.

I agree, our owner wants to build a strong team to move higher up the league season by season until we can get into a European place.

To do that you keep your best players while they are in contract and do your best to try and get others to sign new contracts.

Players leave the clubs they were at for a ‘bigger’ club, but it doesn’t always work out.

Solanke is performing well and getting goals because of our manager and the style he plays is getting the best out of Solanke.

He could move on, not necessarily guaranteed a first team start week in and week out.

Think you are correct re a Norwich scenario, hopefully that was a one off.
‘To do that you keep your best players while they are in contract’

Is that actually true though Billy?

Look at our last stint in the PL.

15/16 16th
16/17 9th
17/18 12th
18/19 14th
19/20 18th

From 16/17 we retained all of our best players year on year and what happened? We steadily regressed every season until we eventually got relegated.

I get where you are coming from but the reality is that in order to have a chance of progressing in the modern PL era you actually HAVE to sell your best player(s) at some point. The key is recruiting well to leave the squad in an overall stronger position.

FFP means that we are going to hit a point whereby if we don’t sell then we are not going to be able to recruit, this will lead to stagnation. You are then left in a position whereby you eventually get relegated and have to sell your best players anyway, only now it will be for bellow their market value.

I feel like you’ve got unrealistic expectations. The key isn’t to retain all of your best players, it’s to sell them at the right time for optimum value and to reinvest the money smartly. Dom will go in the Summer, that is pretty clear to me (even Kris Temple has said this.) I’m not worried about that at all, as long as we reinvest the money smartly.

As history has shown us, retaining all of our top players will only lead to gradual decline. This is a hard concept for some to get their heads around, but the evidence is there.

Funnily enough the only season we actually finished in a higher position in the PL than we did the year before was 16/17, the summer prior was also the only Summer that we sold one of our best players at the time in Matt Ritchie….

A few snips to fill the vacuum until Everton:

A fantasist will generally outlive a factualist because he / she is more prone to cheerful misbehaviour than serious righteousness and therefore less prone to mental stress leading to premature death !

Religion tries to 'find it's way' among more exact sciences..but lacks a laboratory...therefore it's afficionados spread their experiments across chaotic venues...once again leading to death..unnecessary death ..unless it is deemed by those afficionados to actually be a necessary cull of Humanity .

Up the Cherries !
Can understand and agree with your first para Brian. Haven’t got a clue what your second para means, but sure it’s gonna to be wise and right so I totally agree with it too!

I would have thought the club still has contacts in Europe to help them & Francis out regarding new players, despite Hughes leaving.

Would also not be surprised if someone comes in to work alongside or underneath Franno.
We all know who Simon Francis would want.

Someone who can instantly judge a player. Someone who knows the future value of a player. Someone who can spot a player is not going to develop despite being a young rising star. Someone who knows someone who knows how to spot injuries that haven't happened yet.

Can you tell who it is yet?

We all know who Simon Francis would want.

Someone who can instantly judge a player. Someone who knows the future value of a player. Someone who can spot a player is not going to develop despite being a young rising star. Someone who knows someone who knows how to spot injuries that haven't happened yet.

Can you tell who it is yet?
I’m just a phone call away..

‘To do that you keep your best players while they are in contract’

Is that actually true though Billy?

Look at our last stint in the PL.

15/16 16th
16/17 9th
17/18 12th
18/19 14th
19/20 18th

From 16/17 we retained all of our best players year on year and what happened? We steadily regressed every season until we eventually got relegated.

I get where you are coming from but the reality is that in order to have a chance of progressing in the modern PL era you actually HAVE to sell your best player(s) at some point. The key is recruiting well to leave the squad in an overall stronger position.

FFP means that we are going to hit a point whereby if we don’t sell then we are not going to be able to recruit, this will lead to stagnation. You are then left in a position whereby you eventually get relegated and have to sell your best players anyway, only now it will be for bellow their market value.

I feel like you’ve got unrealistic expectations. The key isn’t to retain all of your best players, it’s to sell them at the right time for optimum value and to reinvest the money smartly. Dom will go in the Summer, that is pretty clear to me (even Kris Temple has said this.) I’m not worried about that at all, as long as we reinvest the money smartly.

As history has shown us, retaining all of our top players will only lead to gradual decline. This is a hard concept for some to get their heads around, but the evidence is there.
You've changed your tune.

;