Richard Hughes

hughes is clearly a highly talented and knowledgeable football person

big boots to fill but hopefully franno has learnt a lot under hughes and can do a equally impressive job
Bit like one of those highlights reels when we sign a player disclaimer…

Focus on one signing from Liverpool and ignore Ibe and Smith….

He’s spent a lot of cash, that Eddie didn’t have, and there’s a lot of averagness in there.

Franno a safe choice rather than exploring the rest of the talent in the football world which is standard Blake, and he will need to probably replace Solanke, Kerkez and Kelly so a real baptism of fire…

He’s spent a lot of cash, that Eddie didn’t have, and there’s a lot of averagness in there.

Franno a safe choice rather than exploring the rest of the talent in the football world which is standard Blake, and he will need to probably replace Solanke, Kerkez and Kelly so a real baptism of fire…
Lye Mousset in there?

More doom and gloom forecasting!

Lye Mousset in there?

He should be, selling him with 12 months on his contract to go for a hefty profit, having already secured Solanke as his replacement in the previous window? Excellent business.

In fact, everyone is quick to look at the business with Liverpool for Hughes’ apparent short comings but look at the business with Sheffield United.

We’ve got a profit in the region of £15million with them and still have David Brooks in the squad.

Baptism of what fire? Not when you’ve got a network of international links that got us Zabs and others, north of 60-70m for Dom and a healthy profit on Kerkez to play with. Plenty ‘as talented as’ left backs out there in the football world.

Do you think Howe, Blake or Hughes signed the players you mentioned from LIverpool?

Yes, its a loaded question, sooo...lets move on to next round of interrogation ;)

If you think Howe signed them, why the press on Hughes?

If Hughes signed them. Surely he deserves credit for other signings around that era... such as Ake?

Do you think Howe, Blake or Hughes signed the players you mentioned from LIverpool?

Yes, its a loaded question, sooo...lets move on to next round of interrogation ;)

If you think Howe signed them, why the press on Hughes?

If Hughes signed them. Surely he deserves credit for other signings around that era... such as Ake?
It’s not a black and white world. They both will have known players and talked together. Some we are sure about. Stan played for Eddie… he talked about watching King many times for Man U reserves when at Burnley, how he never forgot how good Ake was us in the games against us for Watford..

We know he gave Hughes credit for Lerma, Rico, Mousset and Iturbe. Hughes worked for and was appointed by Howe. Since Howe I’d say most players will have been spotted by Hughes except Unal who Andoni said was a forward he knew that could do Solanke type stuff, Cahill was a mate of Parker’s etc

My point was more, you can’t give Hughes credit for Solanke (whoever it was) without mentioning Ibe and Smith when talking dealings with Liverpool

It’s not a black and white world. They both will have known players and talked together. Some we are sure about. Stan played for Eddie… he talked about watching King many times for Man U reserves when at Burnley, how he never forgot how good Ake was us in the games against us for Watford..

We know he gave Hughes credit for Lerma, Rico, Mousset and Iturbe. Hughes worked for and was appointed by Howe. Since Howe I’d say most players will have been spotted by Hughes except Unal who Andoni said was a forward he knew that could do Solanke type stuff, Cahill was a mate of Parker’s etc

My point was more, you can’t give Hughes credit for Solanke (whoever it was) without mentioning Ibe and Smith when talking dealings with Liverpool

Fair points. But I dont get what the issue with Hughes is then?

Lol, years on end of slagging Hughes off through the most successful period in the club's history, cherry picking signings to suit some convoluted attempt to suggest he is 'rank amateur'.... Drumroll ..... "It's not a black and white world"

If it's not a black and white world Neil would you be prepared to accept that you may have been wrong about how shite Hughes is all along? Your argument is in tatters afterall.

How do the Liverpool fans feel about their new man?

Considering Hughes is coming from little old Bournemouth and only know the media version of their dealing with us, they’re probably not overly excited.

I doubt I would be - he's not exactly a superstar on paper. Obviously he's not as terrible as some people try to make out either but that's no proof he's good enough for Liverpool's level.

Reactions: DJ
Liverpool FC.
One of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world, highly rate Richard Hughes and employ him in a vital role.

Neil Dawson.
Poster on a forum, occasional guest on a local YouTube channel, employed by the brewing industry and an expert on Hughes.

Now who do you think knows best?

;