Richard Hughes

"When Liverpool’s new sporting director Richard Hughes received a phone call from the agent Inaki Ibanez this week, it only served to confirm what he had long since expected: Xabi Alonso would be staying at Bayer Leverkusen this summer."

If this report from The Athletic today is true, WTF is an AFC Bournemouth employee doing working for another club?

"When Liverpool’s new sporting director Richard Hughes received a phone call from the agent Inaki Ibanez this week, it only served to confirm what he had long since expected: Xabi Alonso would be staying at Bayer Leverkusen this summer."

If this report from The Athletic today is true, WTF is an AFC Bournemouth employee doing working for another club?
Yeah I get what you are saying but I think Inaki Ibanez is also AI’s agent

I’ve been telling you for years him and Blake have the morals of alley cats….

He resigned ages ago… should have been put on garden leave and a large fee demanded like Newcastle did with Ashworth…

No though, keep greasing the palms…

I’ve been telling you for years him and Blake have the morals of alley cats….

He resigned ages ago… should have been put on garden leave and a large fee demanded like Newcastle did with Ashworth…

No though, keep greasing the palms…
I think it's serious that an employee of a PL club is also acting for another.
We need clarification on this. Imagine a player or manager acting in the best interests of another team other than the one they were contracted to?

Another great Hughes signing. As long as the fee's decent who cares.

Still we get reminded of two signings 8 years back....yes 8 years ffs.
Thats because we were talking about his relationship with Edwards who we signed them off. If you want more recent examples of wasted money/big wages there’s plenty starting with the three keepers and moving up the pitch…

Thats because we were talking about his relationship with Edwards who we signed them off. If you want more recent examples of wasted money there’s plenty starting with the three keepers and moving up the pitch…

Neil. You're still trying to prove a point with 35 regular posters, two nutters and a dog (probably).

Clearly if you want to be good at what Hughes does its probably best to have these sort of relationships, that's how the world goes around and things happen. We had a couple of duds - who cares, clearly Eddie, Max and Bill Foley didn't.

There's a serious point here if Hughes has already acted in any capacity for Liverpool. Let's not regurgitate every old argument. This needs to be addressed by the club.

;