Ross Barkley

How can he be compared as better business to Faivre? Given barkleys poor track record over the last 5 plus years, most on here would be alarmed if we'd signed him. He appeared to be a washed up 30 year old who'd played for reading and nice sporadically I'm recent seasons...

Seems its been a good move fir all parties on this occasion, but it's ridiculous to indicate we should have signed him over the young talent we did.

How can he be compared as better business to Faivre? Given barkleys poor track record over the last 5 plus years, most on here would be alarmed if we'd signed him.

Seems its been a good move fir all parties on this occasion, but it's ridiculous to indicate we should have signed him over the young talent we did.

He was a big risk, which is why he ended up at Luton. Same with why Jack Wilshere ended up at AFCB twice, once it worked once it didn't.

Think you might have overthought my post

Get Michael Zia to back you up if you feel threatened.

Faivre seems to have some talent, but was on a completely different wavelength to his team mates.

Was given a couple of cameo appearances as soon as he was 'recalled'

Haven't seen him since.

Maybe he needs to reinvent himself to make an impact.

Have you got any tips for Romain Waz?

Florist deserve to go down after they signed Tom Dick and Harry blatantly sticking a finger up to the FFP rules. Probably signed 25 new players.

Not sure how the big clubs manage to avoid FFP but Forest went absolutely nuts with money when they got promoted.

Luton are performing well on a shoestring.
Most of them were dicks though : )

Agree, massive game this week for them. Beat Florist and with an expected points deduction coming for Florist (and Everton) they have a very good chance. They won't need that many points to stay up I don't think.
I believe you will find that the punishments for Forest and Everton will not apply until next season.

But now, The Athletic claims Everton and other Premier League clubs won't know the verdict of Forest's case until Monday. Everton's case is expected to commence once the verdict against Forest has been handed out. Both sides have the right to appeal the respective judgements, a process which might not conclude until after the final day of the season.

He has been outstanding this season. He had a bit of drift in his career when he didn’t really establish himself at Chelsea or Villa lost his arrogant verve and then went on loan to Nice and didn’t enjoy that.

Sensible move to pick somewhere he was more likely to start every week and gain all that back.

To me, if they go down, we should bust a gut to sign him. He is excellent in the ten role we lack (although currently playing deeper). Better than anyone we’ve spent a fortune on to play there and their recruitment team picked him up free.

We’d have to overcome our dislike of fat scousers we’ve had previous run ins with.

But we managed it with Warren Aspinall….
Not sure that 30 year olds on high wages are part of our recruitment strategy these days.

He's a good player but don't think we should bust a gut to sign him,I expect he will sign for one of the promoted clubs or go back to Everton if Luton go down.

30 year olds still have 2 or 3 years at them at the top level.

We signed Distin at 37

Smith is 32 and is playing well.

Anderton was 57 when we signed him

Age isn't an issue, as long as the contacts are short.

Some of the best players are the elder ones, written off by the elite.

Gary Cahill being a prime example.

You seem to have an uncanny knack of always being wrong. How do you do it?
I disagree. I have correct regarding various issues throughout the season. You just fail recognise it

Many newspapers have reported that the PL are unlikely to take action with Forest and Everton this season due the fact that it would disrupt the relegation issue at the bottom of the PL and other clubs may be disadvantaged unfairly by such action.

Wrong, the PL have explicitly stated they will apply this season even if they are appealed and the outcome is applied retrospectively.
Hopefully you are correct. But I cannot see it happening. Both Forest and Everton deserve to be punished. I would be surprised if anything happened this season.

The likely outcome is that both Everton and Forest will start next season with a points deduction.

Last edited:
Hopefully you are correct. But I cannot see it happening. Both Forest and Everton deserve to be punished. I would be surprised if anything happened this season.

The likely outcome is that both Everton and Forest will start next season with a points deduction.
That's an incredibly unlikely outcome, but if true would mean our chances of staying up for a further season would be boosted significantly

;