Rugby WC

On an evening of pain and reflection, when it appears the MOJO has gone, with the Toffees still stuck in our false teeth, this is no time to bring up the egg chasers.

Have some respect.

Weird second sentence.
I was refering to the difference between Football and Rugby.
If this was the football WC there would be female pundits, I don't mind female presenters as I think they do a good job.
Kevin Keegan had a go about it I believe.
Anyway, a good game tonight between Ireland and Scotland.
Ireland are big favs to win the match.

Namibia is a second tier nation, . Its a WC that means all nations are allowed to present their teams as long as they have qualified.

Only two nations from Africa, I think South Africa will win although Ireland who are smashing Scotland at the moment are the favourites to win the WC..

Only two nations from Africa, I think South Africa will win although Ireland who are smashing Scotland at the moment are the favourites to win the WC..
I hope a northern hemisphere side wins it! Those big headed South Africans can do one!! (Hopefully)

South Africans have a superior mentality to all others, although minimally better than NZ and Aussie ( Aussies occasionally lapse ).
The Irish are fast catching on though !

Surman was the main reason player- wise that we survived in the PL for 4 seasons...along with S.Cook who looks a bit like a South African !

Shame the draw was one sided and done years ago which means the 4 best teams will meet in the last 8 .

England had played well but were lucky today - Samoa excellent.

There have been female commentators and pundits I think ?

South Africans have a superior mentality to all others, although minimally better than NZ and Aussie ( Aussies occasionally lapse ).
The Irish are fast catching on though !

Surman was the main reason player- wise that we survived in the PL for 4 seasons...along with S.Cook who looks a bit like a South African !

:D re Cook.

Googled Surman, turns out he moved back here when 8. Although guess his parents, and those younger years may have played part in shaping him.

Without wanting to go down the more controversial/political stuff around S Africa history, I think you're right. A bit like Croatia, seem to produce a higher % of tougher. 'steelier' (white) people, for whatever the reason.

I guess with SA, a fair few that ended up over there, were tough b4stards, due to nature of why they were there in the first place... can't imagine it would have been an environment that would appeal to meeker, softer people from what I'vfe read about the place over the past couple of centuries. No doubt that's been dilluted a bit over time, but a fair % of white families probably come from tough f***ers in their ancestry and the environment would only appeal to people now, who have some resolve/steel imo. Meaning you'd be surrounded by similar peoples, and therefore likely to be of a certain character/posses certain traits as a result.... compared to somewhere more, errr, with state welfare propping people up.

I've worked with a few white South Africans, and they've all been very masculine, serious people (who liked a drink...).

Last edited:
Was sadly subjected to a bit of the egg chasing
jeez what a horrible excuse for a sport
is the scrum the most tedious and pointless thing in sport?
watched for about 5 mins as they had 3 or 4 attempts to get about a dozen fat blokes to lean on each other just so they could chuck the ball through their legs and start running about again.
WTF is the point of it?

watched for about 5 mins as they had 3 or 4 attempts to get about a dozen fat blokes to lean on each other just so they could chuck the ball through their legs and start running about again.
WTF is the point of it?
It's no worse than the scrums we get around referees when one player has scratched the nail polish of another, rearranged his perm or insulted his mother.
I think though that Rugby Union will eventually get rid of scrums because they just seem to get collapsed each time and restarted, wasting much time...and yes a bit pointless anyway!

WTF is the point of it?

No longer fat blokes is there, at that level? Thought all (most?) were in decent shape, since it became more 'professional'.

Not that I watch it. Can't stand the sport tbh, and all the 'real men', 'we're all friends/better class of people than football fans' type vibe it likes to give off.

No longer fat blokes is there, at that level? Thought all (most?) were in decent shape, since it became more 'professional'.

Not that I watch it. Can't stand the sport tbh, and all the 'real men', 'we're all friends/better class of people than football fans' type vibe it likes to give off.
There are many fat blokes, Rugby is a great game if you understand the rules.

WTF is the point of it?
I think the most tedious and pointless thing in sport, is grown men going down like they've been shot, when they've hardly been touched, trying to con the ref, and time wasting, oh and var.
None of these happen in rugby

;