Ryan Christie

Christie is amazing, and rarely gives opportunities to the opponent.

Unlike Cook.
It’s a highlights reel. You could put together an amazing highlights reel of Lewis Cook too.

I remember watching the highlights reel of Diego Rico when we signed him convinced we’d got a better player than Marcelo.

It’s a highlights reel. You could put together an amazing highlights reel of Lewis Cook too.

I remember watching the highlights reel of Diego Rico when we signed him convinced we’d got a better player than Marcelo.

Thought simikar when I saw videos of Demouge. Thought we had a better player than Drogba... or was it Fletch?

Christie is one of those players you devote yourself too and love.
He was actually at fault for Forest equalizer but no one could bring themselves to say he did wrong because he never stops. That's the power of work ethic viewed from a fan perspective.

As much as we can bemoan his lack of goals (which isn't quite as important now that he's in midfield and letting his other qualities shine), I feel this highlight reel does support a suspicion I've had. Whereas in previous seasons a lot of his failure to score was scuffing his shots, in this season he's actually hitting them pretty clearly, just being let down by good goalkeeping and/or taking the shot from a poor angle. While I wouldn't suggest moving him forward, he's been great in midfield, it does make me think that he might be able to up his strike rate compare to previous seasons if he were in a more advanced position.

He hasn't been at his best in recent weeks.
Can't see Travers taking the spot this season bar injury/suspension. I agree that if a new keeper comes in next season, Neto could well be on the bench.

Changing the captain is always a bit awkward, especially when the player is starting. I'm not sure as a general rule, the keeper is the best to be a captain. Better to be someone who moves around the pitch more I think.

Can't see Travers taking the spot this season bar injury/suspension. I agree that if a new keeper comes in next season, Neto could well be on the bench.

Changing the captain is always a bit awkward, especially when the player is starting. I'm not sure as a general rule, the keeper is the best to be a captain. Better to be someone who moves around the pitch more I think.
I’ve never been a fan of GK captains. You need someone who can get in the refs ear.
Kane was a perfect example of that.

The Argentinian Broadhurst?? Christie or Cook for me.
Ha, you big Broady fan? I thought he was solid defender bit under appreciated, he was just after Eddie/Cox CB era so that didn't help him but he was miles better than Shaun Maher. But he wasn't as comfy on ball more an old school type, not long after we had likes of Cooper and Pearce who were comfortable on the ball as CB's who I thought were a decent CB duo for that time in L1.

Ha, you big Broady fan? I thought he was solid defender bit under appreciated, he was just after Eddie/Cox CB era so that didn't help him but he was miles better than Shaun Maher. But he wasn't as comfy on ball more an old school type, not long after we had likes of Cooper and Pearce who were comfortable on the ball as CB's who I thought were a decent CB duo for that time in L1.
All those players you’ve mentioned have been good AFCB servants. I don’t look back badly on any of them.

All those players you’ve mentioned have been good AFCB servants. I don’t look back badly on any of them.
I thought Eddie.Cox and JP and Cooper were best CB partnerships you could ever wish for at L1 level. I never felt at ease when Shaun Maher played if I'm honest I've seen bread turn quicker. He made me laugh though in that Blackburn cup game in pen shootout he looked like he was shitting himself and he scored the slowest paced penalty ever seen straight in the middle think it trick their keeper in a mad surprise and Eddie scored the winning pen.

I have a mate who is a scout and apparently Kelleher at Liverpool is after a move to become first choice somewhere. I’d be happy if we went all out for him. £20/25M the price apparently. Well worth it imo

I thought Eddie.Cox and JP and Cooper were best CB partnerships you could ever wish for at L1 level. I never felt at ease when Shaun Maher played if I'm honest I've seen bread turn quicker. He made me laugh though in that Blackburn cup game in pen shootout he looked like he was shitting himself and he scored the slowest paced penalty ever seen straight in the middle think it trick their keeper in a mad surprise and Eddie scored the winning pen.
Bloody hell Vlad, if you’re talking about the 3-3 at Blackburn with the penalty shootout win, your recall is something to behold. My recollection from that night was Tugay blasting over.

;