Ryan Christie

I have been to a midweek game at Nene Park but couldn’t begin to tell anyone the score.
It was probably that game 2-1 as I think we only ever played them four times I went back there season after on a Sat we won 3-0 but they had started losing all their best players and dropped like a stone then vanished forever.

It was probably that game 2-1 as I think we only ever played them four times I went back there season after on a Sat we won 3-0 but they had started losing all their best players and dropped like a stone then vanished forever.
Only one visit for me, and it was definitely midweek.

I was at Rushden Diamonds on a tuesday night once we lost 2-1.Haven't we grown.
I was at that game, we went to a pub in Irthlingborough with some very strange people in it. The barmaid was ironing behind the bar and when my mate’s phone went off you’d swear that it was new technology for them all. Very reminiscent of American Werewolf in London

I was at that game, we went to a pub in Irthlingborough with some very strange people in it. The barmaid was ironing behind the bar and when my mate’s phone went off you’d swear that it was new technology for them all. Very reminiscent of American Werewolf in London
If the floor was sticky, we were in the same bar.

I stayed in some prem inn that night in Irthlingborough, yeah weird place it was a village hosting a professional L1 football club.

Bloody hell Vlad, if you’re talking about the 3-3 at Blackburn with the penalty shootout win, your recall is something to behold. My recollection from that night was Tugay blasting over.
I moved house that day and my dear old Dad threw a life size cardboard cutout of Austin Powers through my window that night after it said, groovy baby, as he was beating the floor when they equalised.

Last edited:
I moved house that day and my dear old Dad threw a life size cardboard cutout of Austin Powers through my window that night after it said, groovy baby, as he was beating the floor when they equalised. I Miss you, Pop.
At least he saw the messiah score our winning pen in the shootout

I can't find the Blackburn highlights which is shame, Shaun Mahers scared face in shootout was hilarious. Found the report though.

Blackburn 3-3 Bournemouth
Bournemouth celebrate Eddie Howe's winning penalty
(Bournemouth won 7-6 on penalties)
Eddie Howe converted the winning penalty as Bournemouth edged a Carling Cup shoot-out 7-6 to upset Blackburn.

Brett Emerton put Rovers ahead in the eighth minute only for Garreth O'Connor to equalise with a well-struck volley.
Karl Broadhurst's head put the Cherries in front on 81 minutes, but Morten Pedersen answered with seconds left.
An upset looked off when Paul Gallagher fired Rovers ahead in extra-time, but John Spicer levelled from Derek Holmes' knock-down to force penalties.
The shock result, Blackburn manager Mark Hughes first since taking over at the club, ended a thrilling game at Ewood Park.
The hosts were driven forward by the lively Emerton, and by Matt Jansen, rejuvenated since Hughes' arrival and entrusted to start alongside youngster Jay Bothroyd.
Jansen's run-and-shot forced the opening goal, Bournemouth keeper Neil Moss spilling the ball to a grateful Emerton.
But Blackburn failed to put away their League One visitors, who scored from three superb counter attacks to send the game to penalties despite seeing less of the ball throughout.

After 16 instalments of the shoot-out, Howe finally scored the vital spot kick to punish misses by Tugay and Blackburn substitute Jon Stead, who blazed over the bar.

Blackburn: Enckelman, Neill, Amoruso, Johansson, Gresko (Gallagher 85), Emerton, Tugay, Douglas, De Pedro (Pedersen 57), Bothroyd (Stead 61), Jansen.
Subs not used: Friedel, Matteo.
Goals: Emerton 8, Pedersen 90, Gallagher 91.
Bournemouth: Neil Moss, Broadhurst, Howe, Maher, Cummings, Elliott, Stock (Andrade 96), Spicer, O'Connor, Rodrigues (Holmes 74), Hayter (Connell 74).
Subs not used: Stewart, Coutts.
Att: 7,226
Referee: M Atkinson (Leeds).

999999.gif

o.gif

Links to more League Cup stories
o.gif

In This SectionMan Utd ease to Carling Cup gloryRuud has no problem with FergusonGlazers' first win buoys FergusonJewell admits to being outclassedCarling Cup final clockwatch"Congratulations to Man Utd, was a great cup final, with some good end to end football" - MTHave Your SayRooney ruins Wigan fairytaleJason Roberts columnCarling Cup final ratingsCarling Cup photosMan Utd 2-1 Blackburn (3-2 agg)Arsenal 2-1 Wigan (agg 2-2)Blackburn 1-1 Man UtdWigan 1-0 ArsenalBirmingham 1-3 Man UtdWigan 2-0 BoltonMan Utd 3-1 West BromWigan 1-0 NewcastleMan Utd 4-1 BarnetWigan 3-0 Watford (aet)Wigan 1-0 Bournemouth
o.gif
WATCH AND LISTEN
Interview: Bournemouth's Eddie Howe

6699cc.gif

o.gif
o.gif

BLACKBURN ROVERS
BBC Lancashire sport
Weather
Official club website
o.gif

o.gif

BOURNEMOUTH
BBC Dorset sport
Weather
Official club website
o.gif

o.gif

ALSO IN THIS SECTION Carling Cup
The Football League
Commentaries
Football League on BBC
Sport feeds
Sport feeds |

I can't find the Blackburn highlights which is shame, Shaun Mahers scared face in shootout was hilarious. Found the report though.

Blackburn 3-3 Bournemouth
Bournemouth celebrate Eddie Howe's winning penalty's winning penalty

(Bournemouth won 7-6 on penalties)
Eddie Howe converted the winning penalty as Bournemouth edged a Carling Cup shoot-out 7-6 to upset Blackburn.

Brett Emerton put Rovers ahead in the eighth minute only for Garreth O'Connor to equalise with a well-struck volley.
Karl Broadhurst's head put the Cherries in front on 81 minutes, but Morten Pedersen answered with seconds left.
An upset looked off when Paul Gallagher fired Rovers ahead in extra-time, but John Spicer levelled from Derek Holmes' knock-down to force penalties.
The shock result, Blackburn manager Mark Hughes first since taking over at the club, ended a thrilling game at Ewood Park.
The hosts were driven forward by the lively Emerton, and by Matt Jansen, rejuvenated since Hughes' arrival and entrusted to start alongside youngster Jay Bothroyd.
Jansen's run-and-shot forced the opening goal, Bournemouth keeper Neil Moss spilling the ball to a grateful Emerton.
But Blackburn failed to put away their League One visitors, who scored from three superb counter attacks to send the game to penalties despite seeing less of the ball throughout.

After 16 instalments of the shoot-out, Howe finally scored the vital spot kick to punish misses by Tugay and Blackburn substitute Jon Stead, who blazed over the bar.

Blackburn: Enckelman, Neill, Amoruso, Johansson, Gresko (Gallagher 85), Emerton, Tugay, Douglas, De Pedro (Pedersen 57), Bothroyd (Stead 61), Jansen.
Subs not used: Friedel, Matteo.
Goals: Emerton 8, Pedersen 90, Gallagher 91.
Bournemouth: Neil Moss, Broadhurst, Howe, Maher, Cummings, Elliott, Stock (Andrade 96), Spicer, O'Connor, Rodrigues (Holmes 74), Hayter (Connell 74).
Subs not used: Stewart, Coutts.
Att: 7,226
Referee: M Atkinson (Leeds).

999999.gif

o.gif

Links to more League Cup stories
o.gif

In This SectionMan Utd ease to Carling Cup gloryRuud has no problem with FergusonGlazers' first win buoys FergusonJewell admits to being outclassedCarling Cup final clockwatch"Congratulations to Man Utd, was a great cup final, with some good end to end football" - MTHave Your SayRooney ruins Wigan fairytaleJason Roberts columnCarling Cup final ratingsCarling Cup photosMan Utd 2-1 Blackburn (3-2 agg)Arsenal 2-1 Wigan (agg 2-2)Blackburn 1-1 Man UtdWigan 1-0 ArsenalBirmingham 1-3 Man UtdWigan 2-0 BoltonMan Utd 3-1 West BromWigan 1-0 NewcastleMan Utd 4-1 BarnetWigan 3-0 Watford (aet)Wigan 1-0 Bournemouth
o.gif
WATCH AND LISTEN
Interview: Bournemouth's Eddie Howe

6699cc.gif

o.gif
o.gif

BLACKBURN ROVERS
BBC Lancashire sport
Weather
Official club website
o.gif

o.gif

BOURNEMOUTH
BBC Dorset sport
Weather
Official club website
o.gif

o.gif

ALSO IN THIS SECTION Carling Cup
The Football League
Commentaries
Football League on BBC
Sport feeds

Sport feeds |
Love that. Had to drive back that night and still be in work for 8am. It was the deal I had with my then manager.

Did anyone go to Sincil Bank Lincoln away in 2003 we won 2-1 a strong 280 hardcore unit year we went up in playoffs. Alan Connell scored. Quite a musky place Lincoln the vapor of potatoes and that Norman Cathedral casting a massive shadow over the whole city.

Did anyone go to Sincil Bank Lincoln away in 2003 we won 2-1 a strong 280 hardcore unit year we went up in playoffs. Alan Connell scored. Quite a musky place Lincoln the vapor of potatoes and that Norman Cathedral casting a massive shadow over the whole city.
Sadly no, my only visit there since the 9-0 was a far less memorable 2-1 loss in 2010. I know Brett equalised at one point but the rest of the game has completely faded

;