Safe standing

Why don't you answer the question - what is the actual issue here?

People have been whinging about the atmosphere and also crying out for sale standing. This is the north stand, where it's long been known as the 'home end' that replaced the old standing south end. This is exactly the right place for safe standing so I'd ask you again, what is the issue and how else would you do it?
wait until the end of the season/ST renewal time?

Why don't you answer the question - what is the actual issue here?

People have been whinging about the atmosphere and also crying out for sale standing. This is the north stand, where it's long been known as the 'home end' that replaced the old standing south end. This is exactly the right place for safe standing so I'd ask you again, what is the issue and how else would you do it?

What alternative? I dont know, maybe plan for next season. Work with the current "owners" of the seats that have paid for them to relocate to other seats.

This is not just the odd "old git" who cannot stand all game. Its his family too. Although I get the feeling from your posts above that you'd chuck your old man on his own rather than move with him. The lack of empathy or understanding by you on this is crazy.

Being able to walk up stairs is the same as being able to stand for 45+ mins at a time?

They can relocate it they can't stand. If they are on the north stand and have been for years they presumably went there for the atmosphere. Obviously there will be teething problems but other than just not installing safe standing I don't see how else it can be done.

What alternative? I dont know, maybe plan for next season. Work with the current "owners" of the seats that have paid for them to relocate to other seats.

This is not just the odd "old git" who cannot stand all game. Its his family too. Although I get the feeling from your posts above that you'd chuck your old man on his own rather than move with him. The lack of empathy or understanding by you on this is crazy.

Move with him. Speak to the club and find another more suitable place. Unless you are suggesting they shouldn't bother with safe standing at all then it is inevitable and I don't see what difference waiting until the end of the season makes.

In some ways it's better because they get the chance to see if there are decent alternative seats now when there aren't loads of other people trying to relocate. They'll also get another crack at it post season too. In reality I don't think it will make loads of difference because you will still have an allocated seat.

This
Standing is not required in these areas, however, supporters risk restricted pitch views if they are sat when surrounded by standing supporters.

and this
Forms must be received by 12pm on Wednesday 10th January

and this
Thursday, January 4, 2024

If it was me I'd contact the club and say I was going to give it a try but if it was an issue I'd want to move. I'm sure they will accommodate that.

Other than the quick turnaround I don't see how it's any different from doing it at the end of the season.

Done for the Manchester City game because tickets are yet to go on sale for that game. You can tell that by the timings of when the “moving dates” are allocated.

But it does completely miss the point on the fact that available seating choice is limited. Is a season ticket holder in the north stand going to get a like for like swap option in the south stand? If it’s a group, their options will be presumably even more limited?

It’s a good move by the club, but again, it does feel like the application of it is rushed and not thought through completely.

Of course, everything below is from a bit of an outside opinion as I've only been in the stands once as a foreign fan.

The basic concept of safe standing is good, generally agree with @BilbaoCherry 's point that in the long term it'll likely be a plus for atmosphere and possibly bringing in younger fans. However, as others have pointed out, I have issue with them doing it in the middle of the season with such a rapid turnaround, this should be done over the summer with more time to make sure everyone affected has time to be properly notified (not just one email), make an informed decision, and reallocations be made. As it is, I can definitely see some people missing the email, being frustrated by showing up for a game and suddenly being in a safe standing area when they don't want to or can't stand throughout the game, and the club having to deal with figuring out relocations well beyond the current period they've appointed for it (and if they refuse relocations beyond it, that'll be a travesty, but let's hope we don't run into that).

I’m old - and in the safe standing zone - only too happy personally.
Would love it to improve the atmosphere - and if it moves those who sit in silence through the whole game away from the North Stand, then bloody excellent.
But, unless they very rapidly install rail seats between now and ManC - I would disagree that the standing is ‘safe’ - with the back of the seat in front coming up to shin level, get knocked forward and you ain’t stopping.

Of course, everything below is from a bit of an outside opinion as I've only been in the stands once as a foreign fan.

The basic concept of safe standing is good, generally agree with @BilbaoCherry 's point that in the long term it'll likely be a plus for atmosphere and possibly bringing in younger fans. However, as others have pointed out, I have issue with them doing it in the middle of the season with such a rapid turnaround, this should be done over the summer with more time to make sure everyone affected has time to be properly notified (not just one email), make an informed decision, and reallocations be made. As it is, I can definitely see some people missing the email, being frustrated by showing up for a game and suddenly being in a safe standing area when they don't want to or can't stand throughout the game, and the club having to deal with figuring out relocations well beyond the current period they've appointed for it (and if they refuse relocations beyond it, that'll be a travesty, but let's hope we don't run into that).

They will have to accommodate relocations after the period they have said. I should think they'd be on dodgy grounds legally if they've sold a seated ticket to someone who can't stand for 90 minutes and then refuse to move them once it becomes apparent there is an issue.

Move with him. Speak to the club and find another more suitable place. Unless you are suggesting they shouldn't bother with safe standing at all then it is inevitable and I don't see what difference waiting until the end of the season makes.

In some ways it's better because they get the chance to see if there are decent alternative seats now when there aren't loads of other people trying to relocate. They'll also get another crack at it post season too. In reality I don't think it will make loads of difference because you will still have an allocated seat.

Move the whole family...fine we all go with him. What about our friends that surround us? The people weve sat with for over 20 years since the stadium opened? With a view we enjoy and are happy with.

But no...you think its fair that having paid for our season we are pushed into a corner with a worse view after those 20 years as an experiment?

F()ck me SDD, youve talked some utter s4it in your time but this one takes the biscuit.

why not? just stand in front of your existing seat
weird to do it midseason, though
You'd think wouldn't you.

I think I might be outdated in saying this, as a quick google of recent media on the topic doesn't flag it up.

It used to be the case that (for example) every 10 'safe standing seats' could house 8 persons standing (numbers for argument's sake) as a safety / crush measure.

I know there are folks in our fanbase who have campaigned and kept up to date and they will be able to talk with more authority on the current regulations.

I enjoy the NS atmosphere but can't stand for 90+ minutes. Yes I am vocal.
Row M right in the middle of the safe standing area.

If I look around at others around me I doubt many of them are capable either.

Where do we relocate to ? Are they asking who wants to relocate into the safe standing ?

Do I get offered a seat in Row A or the highway ?

Just spoke to the Ticket office. I was told that the SGSA had decided this had to happen not AFC Bournemouth. I am sceptical of that.

Once you fill out the relocation form you are committed to moving regardless of what alternative seat you are offered and can not rescind your descision.

Do I chose to stand for 90 minutes or take a punt that I don't get a terrible seat that is nowhere near the people I normally sit with.

Furcking marvelous.

Done for the Manchester City game because tickets are yet to go on sale for that game. You can tell that by the timings of when the “moving dates” are allocated.

But it does completely miss the point on the fact that available seating choice is limited. Is a season ticket holder in the north stand going to get a like for like swap option in the south stand? If it’s a group, their options will be presumably even more limited?

It’s a good move by the club, but again, it does feel like the application of it is rushed and not thought through completely.

How is this avoidable though? I can't see how waiting until the end of the season helps. The only way to not have to move those people is to not have safe standing in the north stand. We've had loads of occasions over the last ten years where people have had to be moved. They haven't always handled it well so hopefully they have learned from past mistakes.

I’m old - and in the safe standing zone - only too happy personally.
Would love it to improve the atmosphere - and if it moves those who sit in silence through the whole game away from the North Stand, then bloody excellent.
But, unless they very rapidly install rail seats between now and ManC - I would disagree that the standing is ‘safe’ - with the back of the seat in front coming up to shin level, get knocked forward and you ain’t stopping.
I would guess they wouldn't get a safety certificate if they hadn't installed the proper kit.

How is this avoidable though? I can't see how waiting until the end of the season helps. The only way to not have to move those people is to not have safe standing in the north stand. We've had loads of occasions over the last ten years where people have had to be moved. They haven't always handled it well so hopefully they have learned from past mistakes.
Put the safe standng somewhere other than my seat.

How about use the directors box !

;