Safe standing

I’ve never really gotten the hype with safe standing. If it does actually improve the atmosphere then I’m all for it I guess, but I’d be a bit annoyed if I had to move my seat. I’ve been sat where I’ve been sat for 11 years; I like sitting!

They will have to accommodate relocations after the period they have said. I should think they'd be on dodgy grounds legally if they've sold a seated ticket to someone who can't stand for 90 minutes and then refuse to move them once it becomes apparent there is an issue.
Agreed, that's why I said I hope it doesn't come to that, certainly would be a worst-case-scenario (might just be my pessimistic mind that gravitates toward those at times)

I enjoy the NS atmosphere but can't stand for 90+ minutes. Yes I am vocal.
Row M right in the middle of the safe standing area.

If I look around at others around me I doubt many of them are capable either.

Where do we relocate to ? Are they asking who wants to relocate into the safe standing ?

Do I get offered a seat in Row A or the highway ?

Just spoke to the Ticket office. I was told that the SGSA had decided this had to happen not AFC Bournemouth. I am sceptical of that.

Once you fill out the relocation form you are committed to moving regardless of what alternative seat you are offered and can not rescind your descision.

Do I chose to stand for 90 minutes or take a punt that I don't get a terrible seat that is nowhere near the people I normally sit with.

Furcking marvelous.

I would try it and see what it's like. I doubt the whole area will be on their feet for 90 minutes and from being in various away ends it's not much different from the existing seats - much will depend on what the people around you are like.

I would let the club know that you are going to see what it's like and then decide if you can do it. As I've said I reckon they will have to oblige people who try it and then decide they can't do it, especially if you've had dialogue beforehand.

One way of looking at it is you get ten seven games to see if you like it then can move in the summer.

I’m old - and in the safe standing zone - only too happy personally.
Would love it to improve the atmosphere - and if it moves those who sit in silence through the whole game away from the North Stand, then bloody excellent.
But, unless they very rapidly install rail seats between now and ManC - I would disagree that the standing is ‘safe’ - with the back of the seat in front coming up to shin level, get knocked forward and you ain’t stopping.
Pretty sure the railing is required for it to qualify as "safe standing" (but I haven't kept up with the push for safe standing in the PL since 2020 or so, requirements could have changed since then I guess)

They can relocate it they can't stand. If they are on the north stand and have been for years they presumably went there for the atmosphere. Obviously there will be teething problems but other than just not installing safe standing I don't see how else it can be done.
In fairness the areas that are going to be classed as safe standing are where fans stand already. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

I’m a more mature person myself and happy with this.

How is this avoidable though? I can't see how waiting until the end of the season helps.
Personally I thought that was obvious.

Wait till before anyone has renewed and everyone knows what they are purchasing.

Do it now, rushed with 6 days notice and you’re once again alienating the regular match day going fan. Some of these supporters have been there since the new stadium was built. I was one and if I had remained I’d be in the section affected. There are loads of people around that section who can’t stand for a full match so will be having to move for the first time in 20 years. That’s a massive wrench. It was for me and that was my own decision, when it’s forced, with no consultation with less than a weeks notice. That is going to grate.

As I already stand in that area I think it's great news. It will improve the atmosphere and it's an indication ,that if that's the case , the new stadium will also incorporate a standing / singing area. Moving people is unfortunate but it happened when more TV cameras were needed and the area for reporters was increased in the east stand. I guess the thing is if you don't want to move and don't want to stand then you won't be seeing much football.

You are on a right troll here. Weve paid for our seats for THIS season. We have 8 months to decide what to do for NEXT season.

You are on a proper wind up mate.

Unlike you I've outlined my thoughts in detail as to why I don't think it's the end of the world. You have a seven game trial run to see if you like it, you'd be none the wiser if they did it in the close season even if you had 18 months to decide. How long do you need?

The left side, sure, but the north stand centre has no more than the back 3/4 rows standing. Towards the right even the back row sits.

They aren't all going to change overnight are they? It's going to be all the same people in these seats.

Last edited:
Just spoke to the Ticket office. I was told that the SGSA had decided this had to happen not AFC Bournemouth. I am sceptical of that.
Definitely agree with being skeptical (just learned this is one of those words British and American English like to spell different), but if this is true it certainly would throw in an interesting wrinkle to how we interpret the club's actions. As it is it feels mighty rushed and aggressive, if it is the case that SGSA pushed for it then it would be seem more like the club scrambling to meet external demands and make the best of a crappy situation. Will be interesting to see if we get more information on exactly where the push that it be implemented midseason came from.

Personally I thought that was obvious.

Wait till before anyone has renewed and everyone knows what they are purchasing.

Do it now, rushed with 6 days notice and you’re once again alienating the regular match day going fan. Some of these supporters have been there since the new stadium was built. I was one and if I had remained I’d be in the section affected. There are loads of people around that section who can’t stand for a full match so will be having to move for the first time in 20 years. That’s a massive wrench. It was for me and that was my own decision, when it’s forced, with no consultation with less than a weeks notice. That is going to grate.

What consultation is required? Surely if consultation is required it would also be required before the changes of they were made between seasons.

There isn't going to be a massive change around of people on that area until the summer anyway so it's effectively a gradual implementation. Hopefully they will offer everyone the chance to relocate there in the summer and those that dont want to stand can move. Obviously it's not perfect but of we want safe standing it's inevitable.

Let's face it, this has been on the cards for years of you sit in the NS.

What consultation is required? Surely if consultation is required it would also be required before the changes of they were made between seasons.

There isn't going to be a massive change around of people on that area until the summer anyway so it's effectively a gradual implementation. Hopefully they will offer everyone the chance to relocate there in the summer and those that dont want to stand can move. Obviously it's not perfect but of we want safe standing it's inevitable.

Let's face it, this has been on the cards for years of you sit in the NS.

I really hope they force you to move your seat for the rest of the season to row A next to a corner flag for absolutely no reason. Im sure you would be on here defending the club in its decision.

If they install rail seats, isn't it that you can have two standing where one sits, so in fact instead of 1200 this then becomes nearer 2000+ ?

If so would the extra fans have " standing places " or first come first served ?

I really hope they force you to move your seat for the rest of the season to row A next to a corner flag for absolutely no reason. Im sure you would be on here defending the club in its decision.

Have they confirmed that you have to move to the corner flag?

Are you suggesting that they should not install safe standing in the north stand? Otherwise you're moaning about having to move seven games earlier than you otherwise would have done whilst having the option of staying and seeing if you like it. Maybe we could have a minute's silence for you at the next game.

Have they confirmed that you have to move to the corner flag?

Are you suggesting that they should not install safe standing in the north stand? Otherwise you're moaning about having to move seven games earlier than you otherwise would have done whilst having the option of staying and seeing if you like it. Maybe we could have a minute's silence for you at the next game.

Seriously just STFU you are really being an ars3 today.

We (3 of us aged 12-60) ae impacted, but happy to stay where we are
Not giving time for people to discuss review alternative seats offered etc is the biggest issue here, and for that reason I agree with those arguing it should have been at the end of the season.
'South Stand to New Stand' as a right of passage is has been quoted is a fair point, historically people never stayed in the same spot indefinitely, so whilst unfortunate that alone isn't an argument to remain in same seat forever. But as Druss (and others) point out, this season ST was purchased with current seat/view etc in mind.

@Druss_the_Legend is no doubt upset that he might not be able to say hello to me every game if he moves :)

;