Safe standing

Looks like they have gone for the cheapest possible solution. I was hoping they would also put in new seats with no or a very flat back to the step behind to give more standing and passing space.
I guess if the hope is that our time in the current stadium is limited (?!) the cheapest and quickest solution is what they go for.

If the seats are the original ones it is going to be very tight, especially for the more rotund.
Sign up for the new AFCB weight loss programme with our personal trainer: Steve Fletcher!

I'm sure the club will have tested it by having people standing and moving in and out. I'm sure. Absolutely sure. They won't just be waiting and hoping all is ok. Nosireebob.
I now see the need to prohibit so many items from getting in the ground; there quite simply won't be the room

Expect confiscation of padded jackets

Obviously if this doesn't work the only answer is prohibiting supporters by waist size

Last edited:
Old Dean Court...what a fabulous haven and theatre that was....and if you liked sitting...Main Stand....if not..a choice of standing on three sides...almost 30,000 capacity to spread yourself across and around...I only went in BBE twice and New Stand about four times...sat down a few times in the Main Stand for some reserve games...but the South End was my fortnightly pilgrimage to that iconic place.

Rob,

What will be more interesting is whether they try to do anything about those that still stand (which is most of them) in our part of the North Stand that don't have safe seating.

Are you hoping they do or don't try and make people sit down in your section? I always wondered if there are people in that block who would rather not stand.

The left side of the NS could be in for a rocky 90 mins if it is believed that we put this in as we had to combat persistent standing and were given no other choice...

Whilst I'd love to think they will just let the left side stand, as it always has done... if they do it makes the club's statement look like complete bullsh*t...

Me personally, I'm looking forward to being able to stand at home...

;