Safe standing

Yeah I read it. Personally I don't see the point in waiting. We want safe standing so just get on with it and deal with it. Consultation is just a long winded way to get to the same point.

I know you like to argue everything, but I doubt proper consultation starting in the summer would have pushed back safe standing any later than the end of February …

Last edited:
But what would it achieve? The outcome would be the same.

It could well have achieved lots. Such as better club-supporter relations for starters.

It could have sped the process up, it could have improved the installation. It would have given more time for its implementation and enabled seat moves in and out of the areas where the rails were installed.

To quote one of your phrases, what a hill to die on.

Unfortunately the rules of supply and demand, accompanied with entertaining football, mean long standing supporters can easily be replaced by new punters that might even be happy to pay more and abide by any Draconian rules the club deem suitable.

Edit: I think I've just explained to myself why some fans wanted GO'N to stay.

It could well have achieved lots. Such as better club-supporter relations for starters.

It could have sped the process up, it could have improved the installation. It would have given more time for its implementation and enabled seat moves in and out of the areas where the rails were installed.

Yeah, yeah, yeah but what else did the Romans do for us?

Yeah I suppose it could be the first consultation in history to speed things up. I don't mind dying on that hill, or this mountain... I hope they convert the whole stand in the summer.

Pa
How much consultation do people need to sit down? Just sit down.
Pathetic. If they’re not bothering anyone and it really isn’t as dangerous as the club make out then what’s the issue? There are plenty of other clubs with safe standing and people stand in other areas.

Proper assessment of the risks involved is all that’s needed. Stupid searches and covert filing aren’t.

Pa

Pathetic. If they’re not bothering anyone and it really isn’t as dangerous as the club make out then what’s the issue? There are plenty of other clubs with safe standing and people stand in other areas.

Proper assessment of the risks involved is all that’s needed. Stupid searches and covert filing aren’t.

My issue is more with pointless consultations tbh. A consultation on this issue will achieve nothing. You can't have a consultation where the outcome is the club accepting that people are going to break the ground regulations can you?

I don't know why they insist on enforcing these rules but given that they do consultation isn't going to achieve anything.

My issue is more with pointless consultations tbh. A consultation on this issue will achieve nothing. You can't have a consultation where the outcome is the club accepting that people are going to break the ground regulations can you?

I don't know why they insist on enforcing these rules but given that they do consultation isn't going to achieve anything.

What consultation are you talking about? They’ve sent out letters and an online form to sign. That isn’t a consultation.

If consultation had taken place months ago and all the logistics thought through and implemented earlier you could have moved sooner. Hey ho.

I don't really get this. The only way it would have happened sooner is if they started the process sooner. Consultation doesn't speed things up it slows things down.

Unfortunately the rules of supply and demand, accompanied with entertaining football, mean long standing supporters can easily be replaced by new punters that might even be happy to pay more and abide by any Draconian rules the club deem suitable.

Edit: I think I've just explained to myself why some fans wanted GO'N to stay.
A sound and logical assessment.

Genuine question.

Do you simply argue for the sake of it?

Not really, I was answering his question. I think safe standing is a good thing and I don't think there was a way of implementing it without some people having to move so why not just get on with it? I don't necessarily agree with them enforcing the standing rules in this Draconian way so hopefully they are asked to justify this in the fans forum.

;