Safe standing

2 seats next to us in the middle of the NS were given up by their ST holders after Covid. So for a couple of years we have had different people in them every week. Has to be said that 90% of the time those people sit in almost total silence. As they will now be in the standing area I can only hope they attract more vocal occupants. The North Stand needs something to improve on the ever decreasing atmosphere. Sure a few folks will be pissed off - but it’s got to be for the best.

What a jolly Tory attitude you have. Remove those less fortunate than yourself so you can enjoy the game more.

Good god. They are moving to a different seat to watch football for a few games druss. Anyone would think they were being made homeless the way you are banging on.
So they should be allowed to pick any other seat in the ground with a good view and move on whoever is in it then? After all its only a seat.

they paid for a seat with the view. In many cases for over 20 years. And you are happy for them to be thrown mid season into a bottom corner.

Where are you sat SDD? Maybe you could move?

I see we’re still stuck in Club dun wrong mode. You can debate as long as you like about the reasons for the changes and the implementation but it doesn’t change the fact that the Club has been compelled to act.
I‘ve taken the opportunity to read all the SGSA stuff that SDD highlighted as well as go through other details on their website. I’ve then cross referenced it with the Clubs statement. The Club either had to reduce seating in affected areas or install safe standing. Read the Club. statement carefully - I’m paraphrasing but ‘in order to maintain full seating capacity’ Is the key part. So do the Club effectively strip out half the seats at the back of the North Stand and half the away seats or instal safe standing ? There was no other option and as it’s a safety issue the compliance part would naturally come with a strict timescale.
If anyone is to blame it’s the persistent standers who have created the issue. If it had merely been a problem in the away area then that would have been the only section affected by the changes.

Look, I get than many will not understand why this annoys me so much. I can stand, I prefer standing but thats nothing to do with this situation.

To many of our older fans the football is the biggest social event of their week/month. They see family and friends. They have friends surrounding them who they have known and greet every single home game without fail. Its not just a view, its not just a seat, its their favourite place to be. If you force those who cannot stand to go sit in another area of the stand you are not just changing their view, you are removing them from everyone that made football the social event for them.

Of course seats need to be moved at times. I am lucky to have only dealt with the move from the old South stand to the north and still see old friends we lost contact with as result when we go to away games. But lets not dismiss how upsetting this will be for many and more so due to their very short timescales they have placed on them. Of course it will hurt. If you are in facebook groups there are many of the older fans very upset on there and I can understand why.

Its easy for those able to stand to celebrate this and "mock" those upset but these are not just seats. They are footballing family.

Im staggered by many of the so called "lefties" on this board so quick to dismiss those being evicted from seats they have already paid for.

Not the "family" club it used to be thats for sure.

So they should be allowed to pick any other seat in the ground with a good view and move on whoever is in it then? After all its only a seat.

they paid for a seat with the view. In many cases for over 20 years. And you are happy for them to be thrown mid season into a bottom corner.

Where are you sat SDD? Maybe you could move?

I don't think it's brilliant but I'm happy that they have the option to stay and see how it goes or speak to the ticket office to see if there is an alternative seat they like. They will have the option to move again at the end of the season if they aren't happy and as I've said I think they will be able to move at any point in this season if they find that they don't like their current seat any more. I think that's fine under the circumstances.

Fwiw I don't give a toss how long they've had their particular seat. Nobody has ever been guaranteed a seat, they are sat in the most vocal part of the ground and if they didn't see this coming more fool them. We're all going to have to move in a few years anyway so forgive me for not buying into the narrative that this is some kind of disgrace.

I'm in the East Stand and have been moved a few times. Maybe I should have written to my MP about it.

Im alright jack I guess.
Not really. I chose my seat based on how I want to watch my football. If you want to sit down with a tartan blanket over your knees then maybe the North stand isn’t for you anymore.

When I reach that stage I will move to the east or main stand or whatever the equivalent will be in a new ground.let some fresh blood take my place. It’s all part of the circle of life.

It is easier to sing or join in when everyone is standing. Physically it is easier to sing, shout and project when standing.
So next match look around at the standers and see if they are singing. They arent all singing

Not really. I chose my seat based on how I want to watch my football. If you want to sit down with a tartan blanket over your knees then maybe the North stand isn’t for you anymore.

When I reach that stage I will move to the east or main stand or whatever the equivalent will be in a new ground.let some fresh blood take my place. It’s all part of the circle of life.

They cant move to the East or Main stand. Keep up Chopper.

I don't think it's brilliant but I'm happy that they have the option to stay and see how it goes or speak to the ticket office to see if there is an alternative seat they like. They will have the option to move again at the end of the season if they aren't happy and as I've said I think they will be able to move at any point in this season if they find that they don't like their current seat any more. I think that's fine under the circumstances.

Fwiw I don't give a toss how long they've had their particular seat. Nobody has ever been guaranteed a seat, they are sat in the most vocal part of the ground and if they didn't see this coming more fool them. We're all going to have to move in a few years anyway so forgive me for not buying into the narrative that this is some kind of disgrace.

I'm in the East Stand and have been moved a few times. Maybe I should have written to my MP about it.

Great...make sure you swap seats with someone in the North Stand who is being evicted then. Post your seat number and see if you have any takers. A simple swap and everyone is happy. Im sure you would go along with that?

I see we’re still stuck in Club dun wrong mode. You can debate as long as you like about the reasons for the changes and the implementation but it doesn’t change the fact that the Club has been compelled to act.
I‘ve taken the opportunity to read all the SGSA stuff that SDD highlighted as well as go through other details on their website. I’ve then cross referenced it with the Clubs statement. The Club either had to reduce seating in affected areas or install safe standing. Read the Club. statement carefully - I’m paraphrasing but ‘in order to maintain full seating capacity’ Is the key part. So do the Club effectively strip out half the seats at the back of the North Stand and half the away seats or instal safe standing ? There was no other option and as it’s a safety issue the compliance part would naturally come with a strict timescale.
If anyone is to blame it’s the persistent standers who have created the issue. If it had merely been a problem in the away area then that would have been the only section affected by the changes.

That's how I saw it and the lack of criticism from the Cherrie Trust and disabled supporters association seems to back that up. The club needs to bend over backwards to help those affected though imo - be as flexible as possible with moving people until the end of the season.

Persistant standers get what they want by standing regardless of stadium regulations.

Perhaps if enough of us take flares or firearms to matches they could make that compulsory. If you dont like it you could always move to row A by the corner flag. Your choice innit.

Great...make sure you swap seats with someone in the North Stand who is being evicted then. Post your seat number and see if you have any takers. A simple swap and everyone is happy. Im sure you would go along with that?

It wouldn't overly bother me. If I got told I had to move seats I'd just talk to the club and find the best alternative.

You will most definitely be asked to sit down. :cool:
I’m in row I. My initial thought was that we’d have the best of both worlds, until my wife said that the stewards will probably be keeping a very close eye on us, even though standing in row I wouldn’t restrict the view for the people behind us.

The relocation request form doesn’t apply to those of us who might want to move from rows A-I to the standing rows J and above.

I’ll try standing up for a while and see what happens!

Reactions: N19
Why not make the whole stadium safe standing Would be a marvelous atmosphere.

Approx 1100 safe standing seats yet probably only 200 stand at the moment.

Convert row R first and see how it goes.

Chances are it will be a dogs dinner converting 1100 seats in less than 20 days so why take the risk.

In the CT email it says this

The club have assured us that sufficient relocation places are available, even if every single ticket holder in that area wished to move out of it.

and also this

At this stage there is no option to request a move into the area for those who hold season tickets in a different area. This option will however become available at the end of the season during the season ticket renewal time period.

;