Safe standing

They could have done it yeah. Perhaps they think it will be easier now they can offer alternative safe standing seats. Anyone who refuses to move and continues to stand in areas that they aren't supposed to won't have much sympathy if they get their ticket suspended. Previously it would have caused trouble I would imagine.

The club can offer them alternative seats if they want.
My guess is most of those seats will actually be empty because the individuals located there will simply wander higher up & push along where standing is now permitted.
Also if fans with seats lower down, that usually abide by the rules but would prefer to stand up may well go & join them.
The upper rows could become very congested & it will be very difficult for stewards to know who should be where. Potentially more problems.

Looking across at the North stand yesterday the right hand section were all stood from those at the front right to the back. That seems to be the norm pre safe standing.

In the other sections perhaps 3 rows standing the rest sat down.

Just an observation.

Looking across at the North stand yesterday the right hand section were all stood from those at the front right to the back. That seems to be the norm pre safe standing.

Just an observation.

Indeed, been the same for years hence why it’s been mentioned that what’s being installed doesn’t make a huge amount of sense.

We will have the scenario where half of block 15 will still be stood up, in normal seated areas breaking ground regulations which is supposedly behind the reason for its rapid introduction.

All the while installing it in areas where many of the season ticket holders who have already paid for their seats do not want it or are indifferent to it.

Just feels like a scenario easily avoided with better communication.

Indeed, been the same for years hence why it’s been mentioned that what’s being installed doesn’t make a huge amount of sense.

We will have the scenario where half of block 15 will still be stood up, in normal seated areas breaking ground regulations which is supposedly behind the reason for its rapid introduction.

All the while installing it in areas where many of the season ticket holders who have already paid for their seats do not want it or are indifferent to it.

Just feels like a scenario easily avoided with better communication.
Maybe here are people now sitting who want to stand in that area.

Why wait? Wasn’t that your point?

Who knows? They might try and move the standers in the block on the right first. They may not want the extra admin during the season and just want to sort out people affected as much as they can first. Either way people who want to move there are going to have to wait.

We were looking at the space yesterday. Can't see the rails working unless the seats are removed. With the seats in place there just isn't enough room for people to walk past.

We were looking at the space yesterday. Can't see the rails working unless the seats are removed. With the seats in place there just isn't enough room for people to walk past.
Also can anyone else foresee that this actual construction work might just possibly overrun and the whole North Stand could be a building site come the Man City game and not be allowed to open?
I mean construction work never runs in to problems or delays does it!

Just an observation.
In the 2nd half I saw 4 stewards stood there talking to people.

Also can anyone else foresee that this actual construction work might just possibly overrun and the whole North Stand could be a building site come the Man City game and not be allowed to open?
I mean construction work never runs in to problems or delays does it!

The club will have booked in the contractors a long time ago knowing they had a near 3 week window.

The club will have booked in the contractors a long time ago knowing they had a near 3 week window.

They will have. But things don't always run smoothly. The club were initially unaware the top of aisle seats would need to be removed so I wonder how much due diligence they undertook.

"Yes Guv, course we can do it in that time, no bovver!"
Any installer going to say they can't do it ?

Hope they are incentivised with penatly fees for late delivery.

;