Saints Away

Loved it when Kris Temple asked Eddie last night what team he would be playing against Southampton on Saturday, and Eddie replied - 'anyone that's not injured'!

There's going to be one of those environmentalist rebellion protest gatherings in Soton city centre tomorrow, so their local paper says. I bet Hants plod are loving that combo.

Saints are not Mathematically Safe so we can use any formation .....they wont understand it!

If you are in the Sh#tty City tommorrow ' dont mention the Derby'....I did mention it yesterday to one of theirs down here.....I almost got away with it.....I didnt get a pat on the head ....but was offered a Wethers original !

Ive searched though the seasonal records from 1923 ..cant find a Boscombe away win at the Dell either.....just a few draws.....one year we lost 7-0 but beat them 5-2 at DC ! So we have to crack it....somewhen.....if not tomorrow...we can try again next season !
( Im not sure if we won there before 1923 as Non league or in Cups...maybe! )

Last edited:
I would have more confidence about Saturday if we had the -17 team representing us. Their fight and spirit has been sadly lacking in the sides that have performed at St Marys in all but one of our games there since our arrival in the Premier league.

Saints Forum-“

Yeah, a Bournemouth ST holder I know says many of their supporters secretly look up to Saints as a club to aspire to. A general murmur of being "less of a club", inferior, lowly, reverberates amongst their support. But look at our league position I joke, and he laughs at the irony of it and, appreciating the temporary nature of it, screenshots every week they are ahead of us in the table to store as a memory.”

They really do think their something special don’t they!

Saints Forum-“

Yeah, a Bournemouth ST holder I know says many of their supporters secretly look up to Saints as a club to aspire to. A general murmur of being "less of a club", inferior, lowly, reverberates amongst their support. But look at our league position I joke, and he laughs at the irony of it and, appreciating the temporary nature of it, screenshots every week they are ahead of us in the table to store as a memory.”

They really do think their something special don’t they!

How can someone have such an opinion of Southampton Football Club? They are a nothing club if ever there was one. Bigger supporter base than ours sure but a history of nothingness means that nobody outside the south coast has ever given their club a second thought.

I know the same applies to AFCB but I can't imagine any of our supporters walk around with such a distorted view of our club as that bloke has about SFC.

At least they support their local side though so, weird self-awareness issues aside, I don't really have a problem with them.

How can someone have such an opinion of Southampton Football Club? They are a nothing club if ever there was one. Bigger supporter base than ours sure but a history of nothingness means that nobody outside the south coast has ever given their club a second thought.

I know the same applies to AFCB but I can't imagine any of our supporters walk around with such a distorted view of our club as that bloke has about SFC.

At least they support their local side though so, weird self-awareness issues aside, I don't really have a problem with them.
Well said. Is a shame since I imagine you can meet 1000’s of great Soton fans however the ones that seem to have internet access seem to be up their own backside.

At least clubs like Wolves, as much as they are annoying, have some decent history. I believe Soton have won an FA Cup?

Saints friends of mine have spent the last few years in a constant state of depression/lethargy, from which they are only now starting to wake, as they've won a few home games under a more interesting manager than their last handful.
Who on earth would aspire to that?
We've had it pretty damn good for about the last decade, they'd kill for that excitement.

If they're such a MASSIVE club, why have they only been on TV as much as us and 'Uddersfield? IIRC we'll all get paid for a minimum of 10 games even though we've been on 8 times.

Disclaimer: HTFC have won the league so are clearly a massive club compared to those of us that haven't.

They are a nothing club if ever there was one ?.......well that nothing club has been in the top division on and off for over 25 seasons, been too two fa cup finals, two league cup finals (?).....one of the best youth set ups in the country, and a ground that holds over 30,000......and it sticks in my throat to say that.......

I'd give anything to be a nothing club like that !!

They are a nothing club if ever there was one ?.......well that nothing club has been in the top division on and off for over 25 seasons, been too two fa cup finals, two league cup finals (?).....one of the best youth set ups in the country, and a ground that holds over 30,000......and it sticks in my throat to say that.......

I'd give anything to be a nothing club like that !!

Yep, nothing club. They don't register as significant by any measure. Your list just comes over as clutching at straws tbh.

;