Saints Away

They are a nothing club if ever there was one ?.......well that nothing club has been in the top division on and off for over 25 seasons, been too two fa cup finals, two league cup finals (?).....one of the best youth set ups in the country, and a ground that holds over 30,000......and it sticks in my throat to say that.......

I'd give anything to be a nothing club like that !!
Wouldn’t say “nothing club” since all clubs have their own identity and all mean something.

However I think it’s just the way their fans go on in a way that their so much better than us and that it’s such a surprise we’re now overtaking a “huge club” like Soton.

They can claim until their blue in the face they don’t care about us but the atmosphere and celebrations/commiserations tomorrow will show otherwise. It means more than the average game to them.

They are a nothing club if ever there was one ?.......well that nothing club has been in the top division on and off for over 25 seasons, been too two fa cup finals, two league cup finals (?).....one of the best youth set ups in the country, and a ground that holds over 30,000......and it sticks in my throat to say that.......

I'd give anything to be a nothing club like that !!

I wouldn’t swap any of that for the last ten years at our club.

Wouldn’t say “nothing club” since all clubs have their own identity and all mean something.

However I think it’s just the way their fans go on in a way that their so much better than us and that it’s such a surprise we’re now overtaking a “huge club” like Soton.

They can claim until their blue in the face they don’t care about us but the atmosphere and celebrations/commiserations tomorrow will show otherwise. It means more than the average game to them.

That's the point - there cannot be any people walking around this planet thinking "I tell you what club I look up to and would want to be like... Southampton". They've got virtually no profile outside of the south coast and I reckon if you asked your average football fan to name the top 20 clubs in England Southampton wouldn't feature.

Completely disagree on your second point, I don't think they give a toss and personally I am not interested whether they do or not. I find AFCB supporters who need validation from SFC supporters as weird as the SFC bloke quoted above.

I wouldn’t swap any of that for the last ten years at our club.

DJ, neither would I .......but that's not the point.....SDD said they were a nothing club,and as much as I dislike them, imo,as listed above,I can't see how they can be called a nothing club

DJ, neither would I .......but that's not the point.....SDD said they were a nothing club,and as much as I dislike them, imo,as listed above,I can't see how they can be called a nothing club

So you’d give anything for that, but not the last ten years?

I don’t think Meatloaf will be on the phone for that version. :)

The point is that SFC bloke was suggesting people look at their club jealously - maybe you do but I would imagine there's a shed load of clubs above them that you'd rather swap places with than SFC - nobody is looking at them thinking "I'd love to be like Southampton" - unless they've got self-esteem issues or an inferiority complex or something.

The point is that SFC bloke was suggesting people look at their club jealously - maybe you do but I would imagine there's a shed load of clubs above them that you'd rather swap places with than SFC - nobody is looking at them thinking "I'd love to be like Southampton" - unless they've got self-esteem issues or an inferiority complex or something.
There’s actually more clubs who’d like to be like us than Southampton.

Former big clubs who’ve lost their way would love to have Southampton’s PL status. That’s maybe 4 or 5 Championship clubs. 90% of clubs in L1 & L2 would love to emulate our rise. They certainly won’t be looking to Southampton for inspiration, even if like us, they rose from L1 to PL in 3 seasons.

I'm not going too get into a 3 page disagreement with you, but it's all about opinions , and although I'm not one of them, yes I think there would be a lot of fans envious of they're set up.

Well said. Is a shame since I imagine you can meet 1000’s of great Soton fans however the ones that seem to have internet access seem to be up their own backside.

At least clubs like Wolves, as much as they are annoying, have some decent history. I believe Soton have won an FA Cup?

Southampton Club honours

FA Cup Winners: 1975–76
Football League Trophy
Winners: 2009–10
Football League Division Three / Football League One
Champions: 1959–60
Football League Third Division South
Champions: 1921–22
Southern League

Champions: 1896–97, 1897–98, 1898–99, 1900–01, 1902–03, 1903–04
Hampshire Senior Cup
Winners (17; includes wins as St. Mary's and Southampton St. Mary's, and wins by 'A' and reserve teams): 1891, 1892, 1895, 1899, 1901, 1902, 1905, 1907, 1908, 1910, 1914, 1920, 1921, 1935, 1940, 1950, 1976

Thats it I'm afraid, certainly a big club.

I'm not going too get into a 3 page disagreement with you, but it's all about opinions , and although I'm not one of them, yes I think there would be a lot of fans envious of they're set up.

Envious of their youth team set up certainly, although even that seems to have gone off the boil. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with their club - decent club with good local support. I just don't think they are anything special by any stretch.

Southampton Club honours

FA Cup Winners: 1975–76
Football League Trophy
Winners: 2009–10
Football League Division Three / Football League One
Champions: 1959–60
Football League Third Division South
Champions: 1921–22
Southern League
Champions: 1896–97, 1897–98, 1898–99, 1900–01, 1902–03, 1903–04
Hampshire Senior Cup
Winners (17; includes wins as St. Mary's and Southampton St. Mary's, and wins by 'A' and reserve teams): 1891, 1892, 1895, 1899, 1901, 1902, 1905, 1907, 1908, 1910, 1914, 1920, 1921, 1935, 1940, 1950, 1976

Thats it I'm afraid, certainly a big club.

So big that one FA cup win would put our trophy cabinet ahead of theirs.

That's the point - there cannot be any people walking around this planet thinking "I tell you what club I look up to and would want to be like... Southampton". They've got virtually no profile outside of the south coast and I reckon if you asked your average football fan to name the top 20 clubs in England Southampton wouldn't feature.

Completely disagree on your second point, I don't think they give a toss and personally I am not interested whether they do or not. I find AFCB supporters who need validation from SFC supporters as weird as the SFC bloke quoted above.
Definitely don’t need validation for something that is blatantly obvious.

My only issue is Soton fans that think their club is something special and try and belittle and patronise us

Well said. Is a shame since I imagine you can meet 1000’s of great Soton fans however the ones that seem to have internet access seem to be up their own backside.

At least clubs like Wolves, as much as they are annoying, have some decent history. I believe Soton have won an FA Cup?

This is where we as Boscombe fans need to spray something on Our Hard- Ons.....Firstly Wolves have won the FA Cup 3 times....Saints have won it in 76 ( I was Ecstatic when Bobby Stokes Silenced Man U and brought the Cup to the Salty South Coast!)
Wolves are a HUGE club, a F#cking Monster of a foofball club) ..it was such a big deal in our history..the 57 win!
Pee OrtSmiff....another HUGE club have won it Twice plus 2 × 1st Div Titles !
Saints are Tinpot compared to Wolves and Pompey...but...but they have Won it...WE...WE Aint won it...and are not likely to fielding Reserves ! Got it yet?
This is why...if we win tomorrow...it means so much to us older fans!
In the year 2050 ...if we have Eclipsed Wolves and Saints and Pompey with achievements......then we Strut like Peacocks and Walk with a Roll !

;