Sam Surridge

Good luck to him, I dislike Stoke (doesn’t everyone?) so hope he scores a hatful but is let down by the rest of the team. :)

5.5mio is definitely too good to turn down but I think he can easily make it at this level if he gets a decent run of games so not a bad punt taken by stoke really and as mentioned further up, hope we have a sell on clause inserted.

It is very good money but our squad depth is as weak as it has been for a few seasons now. One or 2 more injuries and we are in big trouble.

If true, that's too good an offer to turn down. But it also shows our academy is starting to bear fruit. We have a few graduates in and around the first team and are now selling a player for £5m. Good work to all involved and best of luck to Sam! Good move for him and don't think he'll get the minutes he needs here.

Last edited:
W.T.A.F.

I like the guy, but £5.5m? Surely Stoke meant to offer £550k but hit the zero key once more in error?

Best bit of transfer business we’ve done since we released Ibe on a free.

Sell sell sell £5.5 million is a ludicrous amount of money. Wish him well for the future but has never been the type of striker we’d get the best out of. Reinvest in a higher quality, better-suited player for what we’re trying to do.

;