Scott Parker

no comparison between Howe and Parker and it would be silly to try and do that...maybe Scott will be tempted and could galvanise the squad into a challenging top ten Championship side (once the players who will leave over the coming months have been replaced?)...that for me would be good enough for the next few seasons...consolidation...all that said I think that JW could probably do the same...

Parker spent money getting a year one parachute team up through the play offs before stinking the PL out finishing 11 points from safety.......Eddie WON the Championship with a first eleven that cost about 6m to put together before spending money to keep us in the PL for FIVE seasons before going down by a single point......how is that in anyway comparable?.......it's about as comparable as their brand of football tbh.

I agree in the grand scheme of things, Eddie's achievements at this club can't be compared to... I was just trying to illustrate that both Eddie and Parker have spent fortunes at the last clubs, both ending in pretty p*ss poor football, however, deep down we all know there are great (in Edie's case) and potentially very good (in Parker's case) managers in there...

For me, Parker fits the mould of what we need in that he's young, plays decent football IMO, has enough about him to attract players to the club, knows what it takes to get the club back up to the PL, and whilst it ended badly, has PL experience...

You could argue that both managers were seriously let down by their players resulting in PL relegation... Fulham looked dead certs to throw either Newcastle or BHA into the bottom 3 but then completely went AWOL after putting together some great performances and results...

I'm not trying to persuade anyone to my way of thinking, just explain my thinking... :)

Hi All,
Fulham fan here, firstly unlucky for the play offs, I really thought you’d do it until the red card in the play off semi-final. Secondly, I thought I would offer some perspective on Parker for you if he was to come. About 85% of Fulham fans would offer to drive Parker to you. The football is negative and I think Turgid is probably the politest I could say about it. We scored 9 goals at home all season and he froze out Mitrovic. Even when we were int he championship last season it was always defence first. If we scored the first goal it would pretty much guarantee that an extra defender would be thrown on in the last 15 minutes. His in game management is nothing short of abysmal. When we have conceded the first goal, we have only won twice since Parker took charge in 2019. He has no idea how to be proactive with his substitutions and there has been Atleast 5 games this season where his Substitutions have actually caused us to lose the game. Yes we got promoted last season, however, that was due to Mitrovic rather than Parker. Simply put his style of football is terrible, and we would love you to pay 4.5 million to take him off our hands. I wish you luck this season, and I am really looking forward to hopefully getting back down to your place, especially as I have a fondness for your club.

Hi All,
Fulham fan here, firstly unlucky for the play offs, I really thought you’d do it until the red card in the play off semi-final. Secondly, I thought I would offer some perspective on Parker for you if he was to come. About 85% of Fulham fans would offer to drive Parker to you. The football is negative and I think Turgid is probably the politest I could say about it. We scored 9 goals at home all season and he froze out Mitrovic. Even when we were int he championship last season it was always defence first. If we scored the first goal it would pretty much guarantee that an extra defender would be thrown on in the last 15 minutes. His in game management is nothing short of abysmal. When we have conceded the first goal, we have only won twice since Parker took charge in 2019. He has no idea how to be proactive with his substitutions and there has been Atleast 5 games this season where his Substitutions have actually caused us to lose the game. Yes we got promoted last season, however, that was due to Mitrovic rather than Parker. Simply put his style of football is terrible, and we would love you to pay 4.5 million to take him off our hands. I wish you luck this season, and I am really looking forward to hopefully getting back down to your place, especially as I have a fondness for your club.

Thanks. That may influence a few Parker waverers. Why would Parker want a sideways move anyhow?

Hope we will be allowed to renew acquaintances with CC next season - one of the better London away days.

Why does Parker have a reputation for good football do you think?

Why would you think AFCB, a club who want to be progressive and attacking be interested in him?

Why does Parker have a reputation for good football do you think?

Why would you think AFCB, a club who want to be progressive and attacking be interested in him?

We as Fulham fans are asking the same question, I’m guessing because we beat Leicester away and Everton away playing on the break. However, we don’t understand the media hype around him. We, as the fans, are desperate for a progressive and attacking manager. Even in the championship last season. There was only 1 game where we smashed Millwall 4-0, where we played free-flowing attacking football. The rest of the time it was possession for possession sake without any real cutting edge. He turned Tom Cairney, who is arguably our most creative player into a defensive midfielder and would play 2 Holding Midfielders with either a back 4/back 5, this left Mitro very isolated. He turned Knockaert into a defensive winger too

Thanks. That may influence a few Parker waverers. Why would Parker want a sideways move anyhow?

Hope we will be allowed to renew acquaintances with CC next season - one of the better London away days.

he’s had some issues with the owners, however is on 70k a week, so can’t imagine he will accept a pay cut to join you!

Hi All,

Thanks for that. What do you think his strong points are?

How much of the 85% were unhappy with him after getting promoted, prior to last season?

The names most fans want is either Howe, Marco Silva or Montella (mainly due to a previous loan spell at the club in the mid 2000’s). Parker’s strong points seem to be his man management of players, he has a good rapport with the players and a good team spirit. So we were obviously happy after got promoted but there was a large contingent who still found the football boring and one dimensional. If teams sit deep we did not have a way of breaking them down. As for Spur’s interest, it was stronger before we capitulated at the end of the season

Hi All,
It's a shame our board can't read this, Parker's appointment would be a disaster imo, for all the above reasons.

The names most fans want is either Howe, Marco Silva or Montella (mainly due to a previous loan spell at the club in the mid 2000’s). Parker’s strong points seem to be his man management of players, he has a good rapport with the players and a good team spirit. So we were obviously happy after got promoted but there was a large contingent who still found the football boring and one dimensional. If teams sit deep we did not have a way of breaking them down. As for Spur’s interest, it was stronger before we capitulated at the end of the season

his playing style sounds very familiar... that is concerning.

many sides sat deep against us this season and we frequently seemed to have no answer, hoping for moments of individual brilliance to get the points. particularly under tindall with his bizarre persistence of 5 at the back despite the quality we had throughout the side for this level.

...sounds like another disaster in waiting after the appointment of Tindall, I am more inclined to stick with Woodgate and give him a full season to influence the team and build up a good squad to play attractive and attacking football?...

But you can bet you bottom dollar that AFCB will expensively stuff it up and appoint Parker.

Well??? whoever it is I will support and get behind...jusyt want to be sat back in the ground and feeling the games oozing through my veins again!!!

It's funny. While I appreciate a Fulham fan giving their opinion, it doesn't sway me, and nor should it anyone else....Just saying, who would we trust on this board to give an appraisal on any of our managers to a rival board? We can't agree on anything.

Howe had a good/terrible transfer record
Howe had no plan b/plan b was to revert to the old guard
Howe couldn't motivate the best squad in years/it was the players fault
Rantie was the next MacDougall/Chukkie

etc etc - hopefully you get my point. (No offence to Fulham Fan)

;