Scott Parker

Lots of ifs and buts here, saints first would need to get rid of Ralph, then who would they want?
If Eddie went there it would be interesting to see how many of his gang would join him.
Seems unlikely they would go for SP

Jury very much still out for me re Parker. Despite the respectable start (given the squad depth he’s had available) the football has been pretty tedious at times and we have been fortunate to pick up the number of points that we have at this stage. So far I think we have looked at our most threatening when we have played more direct, but there has been too much possession without purpose for my liking. However, having said that, it is only fair to judge him from this point on now that he has an actual squad to pick from. Given the quality of our squad we should be finishing in the top six and even potentially competing with West Brom for that second spot, do that will be the marker.

So 3 weeks later, what’s your view on SP?

Of course Eddie would take Southampton. Chance to be a PL manager and not move his family. Would be a fool not to. He doesn't owe us anything. If fans resent him for taking that job if offered, they should get a life.

Wouldn’t begrudge Eddie for taking Saints job given his focus on family. Decent move for him so wouldn’t be critical of Eddie…..

….Still want Saints to be related under him though - any other club and I would wish him well

I would imagine that Graham Potter is on their radar. Hopefully he won't stay at BHA for too much longer !

You might be right David, I’m just looking at the connection that was already there with Spurs.

One thing that strikes me now though, is the thought that most people have moved on from the possibility that Eddie might return.

Wouldn’t begrudge Eddie for taking Saints job given his focus on family. Decent move for him so wouldn’t be critical of Eddie…..

….Still want Saints to be related under him though - any other club and I would wish him well

Well, that's different because you would probably have slight mixed feelings. Feel a bit sorry for him but very pleased Saints are relegated. That's fair enough if you hate Saints that much.

Why would Potter leave a big club like Brighton to go to Scummers............................

Agree. He'd leave them to go to Spurs maybe. That's if he thinks he can work with Levy. If he has a good relationship with Brighton owner, he might just choose to staye put.

Agree. He'd leave them to go to Spurs maybe. That's if he thinks he can work with Levy. If he has a good relationship with Brighton owner, he might just choose to staye put.

Didn't Potter turn them down in the summer, or was it just a rumour Spurs were interested in him?

Like you say, Levy has a certain reputation and judging by the amount of managers that turned them down in the summer, there must be something that concerned them about taking the role?

That said, they're a big club and you'd imagine there would be plenty of decent managers who'd take the job - maybe.

He's always there... Not much distance. I think most managers would want the owner to give them a bit more space than Levy is inclined to.

Well, that's different because you would probably have slight mixed feelings. Feel a bit sorry for him but very pleased Saints are relegated. That's fair enough if you hate Saints that much.

Definitely mixed feelings as really want eddie to do well

Last edited:

;