Scott Parker

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

Well said Max.

Good decision !

I said yesterday that if Max was happy for us to be a yoyo club ( which I think would be great for the club’s finances ), then SP isn’t the man for the job because his ego wouldn’t allow him to stick around and get relegated. We need a manager who is happy to manage us in either of the top two divisions and who accepts that we are never going to be aiming to win the Premier League whenever we are there.
Someone who accepts that and doesn’t constantly slag off the board or talk down the quality of his squad is what we need.
No messing about by Max. I think he did well to waste no more time and take this brave decision.
With a manager who can motivate and talk up his players, we still have a chance of PL survival this season. We need a real “man manager” in now.
Fingers crossed we find the right candidate.

Exciting times and a decent springboard for a fresh start tomorrow night !

COYR !
If I'd had nore time this is what I would have written!

Must admit very surprised by the speed of this, but at the same time impressed in a way that the board/Max are showing leadership, which let's face it has been sorely lacking both on and off the pitch lately. So, his rants about us being "under-equipped" weren't a clever ploy just to lull our opponents into a false sense of security after all! The boys will need us on Wednesday night - looks like SP was undermining them too after all. Sad, but inevitable.

Wow, did not expect this, fair play to to board for not wasting any time on this one. His tactics were at times questionable but his comments were outright disrespectful at times which is what did him in the end I’m sure.

Still let’s not forget he got us up and for that thanks Scotty!

We've gone through 3 managers in 2 years now, it's very un-Bournemouth like behaviour.

I'm a bit miffed.

All I can say is, if things behind the scenes internally really were at a break down then I guess it's for the best / no choice?

Bloody hell. I’m probably alone but I have some sympathy for Parker.
Normally I would too but his most recent comments made me lose all respect for the man.
To get to that age and be in this profession and yet take next to no personal responsibility for what just happened, is frankly embarrassing. It was his job to take responsibility for our performances at the very least.
Very brave decision by Max and I feel that it will prove to be the right one. We might get relegated anyway but now at least I expect us to develop a siege mentality and unite in giving it a proper go.
I would be quite happy with an internal appointment personally, someone who “gets” the football club.

Bloody hell. I’m probably alone but I have some sympathy for Parker.
I do too. I think it’s the right decision, but I do feel a bit sorry for the guy. Clearly the lack of alignment on the transfer policy is the main issue here, but at the end of the day he did what he was originally asked to do and that was to get us promoted.

Oddly proud of the club, as harsh as that might sound. I’ve never seen a manager completely trash his own players like that in such an unprofessional way. Obviously if the board are as clueless as has been made out then this might be a car crash waiting to happen, and maybe Parker had reasons to be upset. But I did a huge 180 on him as a person and I’m quite proud that the club have stuck up for the players and the principles of the club so viciously.

;