Scott Parker

Loved how animated Parker was at times, towards end of game stood in technical area, at one point encouraging Moore and then hugging him, praising him after a challenge.

He previously said he learnt from the last stint at Fulham and although that remains to be seen, I'm quietly confident he has and could mastermind a decent season this year.

I think he's a lot more switched on and sharper tactically than the elite former internationals like Gerrard, Lampard etc who are more reliant on having strong teams on paper.

The mans a winner and you can really see his hunger to succeed at times, despite previous mentioned shyness in front of cameras. Natural leader, made of steel and very switched on. Many managers would stick with same formation, maybe tweak the style, takes bravery tactical astuteness imo to decide change formation after promotion and bring in Pearson after it appeared he was likely to not get a look in this season (given his marginal involvement last year). Yes, we are short of cb's for 3 at back (Senesi coming in now of course, probably 1 other ... Phillips). Shows how much he believes this is the way we need to play to give ourselves best chance of survival... and no doubt he has analyzed/researched this to the nth degree... so I fully back him, confident its the right move.

Looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds!

Last edited:
Parker deserves massive credit for his bravery (changing the winning formula of last season) and tactical knowledge after that performance. I thought we were going to get well beaten. The team gave it 100% and for the first time I can remember, I was never worried about conceding set pieces and felt confident when we were attacking them.
I was a little nervous with the short goal kicks, but we pulled it off. I watched the game again last night and Phil Bill did a lot of work, interceptions, headers and closing down that were unnoticed watching it live. Pearson, Lerma and Kelly were fantastic. JZ stepped up and Moore looked like he had been playing prem football his whole career, he took to it so easily. Travers would have done his confidence the world of good with a clean sheet, likewise the back 5.
Tavernier - what a signing!
Early days, I'm not getting carried away. I think we will lose our next 3, but we can afford to now. We will definitely go through blips but Parker is the man and I think he will keep us up. The players completely buy into his philosophies.

When I saw his team selection on Saturday, spoke to someone who sits near me and we were discussing this game and I said to him we can beat this lot and we did. :grinning:

The mans a winner and you can really see his hunger to succeed at times, despite previous mentioned shyness in front of cameras. Natural leader, made of steel and very switched on. Many managers would stick with same formation, maybe tweak the style, takes bravery tactical astuteness imo to decide change formation after promotion and bring in Pearson after it appeared he was likely to not get a look in this season (given his marginal involvement last year). Yes, we are short of cb's for 3 at back (Senesi coming in now of course, probably 1 other ... Phillips). Shows how much he believes this is the way we need to play to give ourselves best chance of survival... and no doubt he has analyzed/researched this to the nth degree... so I fully back him, confident its the right move.

Having seen how Parker talks to the players in some of his mic'd up and 'behind the scenes' vids, I would take everything he says, and how he says it, to the cameras with a pinch of salt... He's a lot more articulate and passionate with the players, in his natural surrounds, than a lot give him credit for... The most important thing is that the players buy into him...

Having seen how Parker talks to the players in some of his mic'd up and 'behind the scenes' vids, I would take everything he says, and how he says it, to the cameras with a pinch of salt... He's a lot more articulate and passionate with the players, in his natural surrounds, than a lot give him credit for... The most important thing is that the players buy into him...

Just had to see the video from the dressing room after we gained promotion with Scott Parker and the players, to see the unity.

;