Scott Parker

I think Bill probably has a longer term plan than those in meltdown give him credit for.

The truth is that everything rests on Bill Foley. Obviously none of us want a crap season that ends in relegation but if Foley is the real deal and genuinely intends to take us to the next level then it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, neither does our current manager, CEO, or anyone else currently at the club.

Oh no doubt, and thankfully so! We don't want Bill micro managing the team selection and tactics or picking players to sign.

What's concerning though is how denting a relegation would be to his plans. Bill's fresh impetuous is a golden oppertunity and I don't want to see that ebb away like so many AFCB false dawns or near misses over the decades.
I am convinced that getting into a vastly improved stadium is far more important to Foley's plans than whether we get relegated this season.

I'm sure relegation would have been accounted for in his plans,he knows we will get 3 years of parachute payments ,it might get a bit squeaky butm if we don't bounce back within 2 seasons though.
As I have said before much bigger clubs than us have gone down and not bounced back again,you can't underestimate what an achievement last season was.
As said above,I was also a huge backer of Parker right until he made those crass comments up to and including the Liverpool game.
Good luck to him in Brugge ,he lost his first game but against league leaders Genk who are runaway leaders .
I expect his remit will be Champions League qualification for next season as that's where the money is for them.

I am convinced that getting into a vastly improved stadium is far more important to Foley's plans than whether we get relegated this season.
I agree. Getting ownership of a better stadium will give his partnership a solid year-round revenue producing asset whose value won’t much be affected by the uncertainties of whether we stay up or not, and will help build a much stronger link to the community (helping us become a “footballing town as Old Cherry would say). The TV dividend of top flight football is lucrative yes, but also expensive to maintain (look at PL wages for a start) and if I was an investor I’d look at security for my funds in something solid first. This will also benefit our supporter base too- getting more bums on seats. Doesn’t detract from the manager problems though.

Turns our Parker could have gone with an even more controversial sartorial choice.

stripes.jpg

I almost want him to come back and get us to Wembley so he can wear that on the touchline just so I can see the reaction on here.

Only almost, though.

Well you have to wonder why they appointed him, if it was at odds with the clubs 'philosophy'/ preferred style. It wouldn't take much effort for Brugge, or any club to determine what Parker' 'philosophy' actually is.

As ever with managers that deploy these kind of styles, fans can generally overlook it if it delivering results. If it isn't, you don;t get much grace to turn things around...

'The website recalls the criticism towards Parker during his stints at Fulham and Bournemouth, and says that after being called ‘boring Parker’ in England, ‘it seems to be heading in that direction’ at Club Brugge as well.

“Such football is completely at odds with the identity and philosophy of the ambitious top club. And not to mention the disappointing result,” says Voetbal Nieuws, claiming Parker is putting ‘Brugge’s reputation at stake’.'

;